Home button doesn't wake the Screen some times

Search This thread

Levus

Mar 19, 2010
Budapest
I'm using all that before including fingerprint sensor and not a single wake up problem since the mobo change. You can see the version with the phone info app from google play...

z89x23

Dec 28, 2012
Limassol
I'm using all that before including fingerprint sensor and not a single wake up problem since the mobo change. You can see the version with the phone info app from google play...

ok thanx i will check my version.. I m gonna get my device replaced so its good to check the new device too..

p.s. can you provide the phone app link ? there quite a few.. i want to use the correct one..

thanx again

Last edited:

Glock3am

Dec 24, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Nexus 7
i9100

z89x23

Dec 28, 2012
Limassol
Yes it is, however, there are people who are using the 0.800 without a glitch and never experienced this wake-up bug but maybe there are a batch with problems.

Mine is too MP 0.800

hopefully i will get a better version.. i will ask for them to check it for me.. :eek:

its good to have friends in high places.. :eek:

Glock3am

Dec 24, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Nexus 7
i9100
I just got a firmware update to ANG8 come through ("Improves performance") and so far there has been no wake issues today after around 20 times waking my phone. Hopefully this is the one that solves the issue. I will report back if one occurs, but for now I am hoping it is fixed.

z89x23

Dec 28, 2012
Limassol
hi all,

well i decided a few days ago to give a try to the techs.. i took it back to the shop..

i got it on Friday 24/10.. The invoice showed that they replace the whole screen with the sensor... at first everything looked fine..

Until yesterday.. the bug showed it self back.. i recorded it with the phone and the invoice to show them exactly what they didn't fix

So one thing is for sure.. its not the screen or the finger print sensor..

I m going to take it back to the shop and demand a new phone.. there is no way to accept this phone to get back on the shop for repair.. Again !!

will get back on you..

Last edited:

Levus

Mar 19, 2010
Budapest
As i said, changing the motherboard would fix the issue totally. I don't have a single one failure since the mobo change.
It's not the display because the the repairman did a bad job when assembling my phone so i decided to take it back several times. They changed the screen abourt 3-4 times and the wake up bug was exists all the time. When they finally changed the mobo and did a great job when assembling, my phone became totally perfect.

z89x23

Dec 28, 2012
Limassol
As i said, changing the motherboard would fix the issue totally. I don't have a single one failure since the mobo change.
It's not the display because the the repairman did a bad job when assembling my phone so i decided to take it back several times. They changed the screen abourt 3-4 times and the wake up bug was exists all the time. When they finally changed the mobo and did a great job when assembling, my phone became totally perfect.

i hear you mate.. but these guys i think they didnt get the problem right..

they send it back yesterday and i said no.. i also operated the phone there and got a video too for them.. i dont know but im thinking on switching to Note 4..

how can i upload my video so others in the forum can see the problem ??

thanx..

z89x23

Dec 28, 2012
Limassol
Just upload it to dropbox and share the video....

ok i will do that..

Just asked regarding my phone.. these guys are hopeless..
They "checked" the phone and they said that there is no problem.. i don't think they saw the videos or checked it properly..

Thanks to the lady at the shop i got it from, she refused to receive it, she demanded a new phone..

I don't understand whats is the problem and they don't change my phone.. its under warranty and also full insurance..

well i have to wait one more week..

anyone had similar issues with the support ? man here it sucks...
will update when i have more news..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi guys..

Got my new phone at the launching day.. everything runs perfect..

But yesterday and today i encounter a small issue..

please note that i have fingerprint scanner lock on my phone..

when i pressed the home button just to wake the screen, the screen didn't respond.. only the side buttons lid..

the screen remained black after the second press too.. then i pressed the power button once and the screen woke..

the thing was that when i pressed the power button after this incident the home screen game me a third option, apart from emergency calls (left) and alternative password (right), Unlock via Google placed to the middle..

this happened also today twice..

Any suggestions on this ?? did anyone encounter this ??

please note that i didn't use any other locking method except fingerprint scanner and the home button responds fine in any other case.. Thanx..
    Hey man,
    Had the same issue with my S5, I think the wait for the fix is easier to handle if you know there are other guys having the same issue rather than having something wrong with your specific device. So imho it'd be great if some other guys would reply just to know it's a common issue.
    To me SGS5 is a great phone even with all the rants and reviews against buying it, there will be updates, we just need to be patient.

Thanks for the post!

I can confirm that i have similar issues too.
    Sometimes (2-3 a day) the screen is not waking up from sleep state when i press the home or the power button.
    The solution is that i need to press the power button to sleep the device and then press again or press the home button to wake up.
    Not a big deal but i hope that this issue is not hardware related and a firmware fix will solve it.

Apart from this, it's really a great smartphone.
    I just had an update to ANG2. So far, no black screen on wake issue is present in my few hours of use since the update. Let's hope they've licked this problem.

It's a great update in general as well - the fingerprint scanner is improved and has better notification animations and the whole phone feels a lot snappier!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

same here.. i installed it yesterday..

Model: SM-G900F
    Model name: GALAXY S5
    Version: Android 4.4.2
    Changelist: 2089850
    Build date: Thu, 03 Jul 2014 05:08:46 +0000
    Product Code: BTU
    PDA: G900FXXU1ANG2
    CSC: G900FOXA1ANG3
    MODEM: G900FXXU1ANG2
    Switch off auto brightness

I did that.. It did reduce the frequency of the bug a lot but its still there..

now i don't want to smash my phone on a wall every 10 minutes.. LOL

will wait for the big android update 4.4.4 or L (5).. if it doesn't resolve i will change my device..