Almost stable roms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

brandonnichols360

Dec 31, 2011
I'm wondering If there are some roms that are fully functional. But it wouldn't bother me if the camera or goods doesn't work. And please give me links to the threads.thank you

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

smokedkill

Apr 13, 2010
Eclipse. I'm sure it will be easier for you to type bionic eclipse into Google to find the link than it will be for me to copy and paste it from my phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using XDA

brandogg

Jul 27, 2008
Gummy ICS 1.0, everything works except for camcorder and HDMI as far as I can tell. HW acceleration works, data works, 3D games exceptionally well...faster than my Xoom OC'ed to 1.6Ghz running stock speeds on the Bionic.

projektorboy

Sep 3, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bionic Eclipse is where the good life is at. The 2.2 version based on system .902 is absolutely incredible. Eclipse has been my daily for over 6 months now.

Also, it's bad form to bust into a forum and command people to pass you links. You're already on the internet. This forum has search boxes. You know how to get to google.com. You can do things on your own.

brandogg

Jul 27, 2008
I stand corrected, no HW acceleration (feels like it, it's pretty snappy) on Gummy yet. Chrome opens and you can type URLs...but nothing is displayed.

idivorceyou

Mar 24, 2011
+1 on Eclipse 2.2.

I have not yet tried any of the ICS roms, which, while they have some limitations on camera functions I never use or HDMI, which I never use or will use, are reported to be stable. Droid Hive has those.

As Eclipse is very fast, very stable and has excellent battery life, I see no reason to switch. However, I would love to see a post where someone explains how much improvement I'd see over Eclipse by switching to AOKP, Gummy, etc. I realize that Eclipse is static and that further development is DOA. It is what it is, whereas some incredibly talented developers are tweaking the ICS roms on a daily basis.

brandonnichols360

Dec 31, 2011
eclipse is the best custom room I have ever used. I love it. Every thing works great:)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

james31554

Jul 6, 2007
eclipse 2.2

Eclipse 2.2 is also my "daily driver" and it is very stable, one of the most stable "custom" roms I have used on ANY android phone.........but your mileage may vary.

kitcostantino

Mar 21, 2011
Mayberry
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8
and i like kinetx .902 compatible the best. had my bionic for about 2 months and i always go back to kinetx. the only catch is the dev doesnt work on it anymore. passed it on to someone else. good data/battery life/speed in general. i did come from a droid inc that had hardware issues, though, so maybe its not as great as i think. most of the ics roms (havent flashed one since the end of march) felt buggy and crappy. plus i hate cyan/turquoise. but heres some link love: droid hive http://rombot.droidhive.com/ROMs/targa/
the other 3: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1455888
in the second link, it tells you about safestrap which avoids bootstrap, but takes away rom manager functionality for flashing roms but gives you a good chance of never fully bricking. it makes a copy of your stock rom and partitions it away, then gives you a partition to play with. read all directions carefully. if ya have bootstrap,uninstall it before you safestrap. have fun.

coldhardtruth

Nov 5, 2011
Zero ICS ROMs for the bionic are fully functional. Eclipse and a few other GB ROMS are the only fully functional ROMS available.

Sent from my AKOP ICS Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.