MMS and Group Texting Problems

Search This thread

Kleany

Apr 19, 2010
I got a mms yesterday and it notified me. No issues.

sent from HTC Droid DNA on Verizon.

Jaybone073

Feb 22, 2013
Vidalia, GA.
Cannot send text messages Viper Rom

I read alot. I don't post alot. Wish I did because I have a legit issue and I cannot for the life of me get it figured out. I cannot send text messages on my DNA using the Viper DNA rom (Version 1.1.3).

Here are the specs if it helps.

Rooted and S-OFF
Radio is: 1.01.01.0110
Kernel is 3.4.10-dsb9938.Cubed.DNA.Stock.System.Write
Rom is ViperDNA 1.1.3

Bigandrewgold

Mar 26, 2011
I read alot. I don't post alot. Wish I did because I have a legit issue and I cannot for the life of me get it figured out. I cannot send text messages on my DNA using the Viper DNA rom (Version 1.1.3).

Here are the specs if it helps.

Rooted and S-OFF
Radio is: 1.01.01.0110
Kernel is 3.4.10-dsb9938.Cubed.DNA.Stock.System.Write
Rom is ViperDNA 1.1.3

What carrier are you on.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Unphazed MD

Jan 26, 2013
I have the same problem sometimes. I will get a text message but I wont get a notification. If i open my messages it will be there.

I am on Cubed + viper 1.1.3 S-OFF, ENG bootloader.

The problem comes and goes. I did a bunch of system cleaning (cleaning up unused apps/data, cleared cache/dalvik, fix permissions, etc) and the problem seems to be gone for now. But i can definitly tell you I was having the same problem. I suggest doing some of the above and seeing if it changes anything

uppon2

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 27, 2010
I am from Australia and I have issues sometimes too running on GSM!. Things like failed texting and even calls failing because my phone thinks I'm dialling overseas. I resolved all of mine by changing all of my numbers to their country code extended file name. for example numbers in Australia look like this "0403045209" but I have now added my country code which is "+61" while using this code the first digit of the number needs to be dropped. In the end the number looks like this +61403045209. Everything now works perfectly fine.

If you are thinking to yourself oh crap now I need to go through and edit them all. The easiest solution is to go to your computer and log in to your gmail, up the top left you will see the "google" logo. Just underneath that you will see "gmail" click on this and change it to "contacts" - This might sound stupid me explaining it but it took me ages to figure this out lol.

I don't know if changing your numbers to their extended country code form will help, but it's worth a shot. For me, if I didn't do this, my phone thought I was dialling overseas. I think it is due to being Verizon, I dunno.

EDIT* I only needed to change "mobile numbers"

Last edited:
Reactions: two_cents

Jaybone073

Feb 22, 2013
Vidalia, GA.
I have the same problem sometimes. I will get a text message but I wont get a notification. If i open my messages it will be there.

I am on Cubed + viper 1.1.3 S-OFF, ENG bootloader.

The problem comes and goes. I did a bunch of system cleaning (cleaning up unused apps/data, cleared cache/dalvik, fix permissions, etc) and the problem seems to be gone for now. But i can definitly tell you I was having the same problem. I suggest doing some of the above and seeing if it changes anything

Carrier is Verizon. I thought at first I was cleaning to much. I run a very lean setup. Very lean. If its on the debloat list chances are that I have removed it. The problem seems to have disappeared for the time being. I did a standard reboot and called someone and asked them to text me and it worked. Perhaps the problem may have been the radio because I had just flashed it when the problem started.

All is well for now.

As far as fixing permissions... I have a question there. The recovery I use is CWM Touch and it has a fix permissions option, however, the Viper DNA rom also has a fix permissions in its tweak options. Which one should I use? Should I use both?

uppon2

Oct 27, 2010
Carrier is Verizon. I thought at first I was cleaning to much. I run a very lean setup. Very lean. If its on the debloat list chances are that I have removed it. The problem seems to have disappeared for the time being. I did a standard reboot and called someone and asked them to text me and it worked. Perhaps the problem may have been the radio because I had just flashed it when the problem started.

All is well for now.

As far as fixing permissions... I have a question there. The recovery I use is CWM Touch and it has a fix permissions option, however, the Viper DNA rom also has a fix permissions in its tweak options. Which one should I use? Should I use both?

They both do exactly the same thing. The difference is, with Viper you will actually see the progress as each app is done. Give it a shot!

Jaybone073

Feb 22, 2013
Vidalia, GA.
Figured as much

They both do exactly the same thing. The difference is, with Viper you will actually see the progress as each app is done. Give it a shot!

I pretty much assumed they did the same but I did the Viper one. I like the status and it keeps me from booting to recovery to do the work. Finally something I can do to be a little lazy. Ha. This coming from a man who 2 days ago had never used adb in his life. Now, thanks to the xda forums and research, I have achieved alot with this DNA. Official ota blocking, root, boot imaging, kernels, roms, s-off, superCID, bootloader unlocking... and I'm sure the list will grow and grow.

As stated before, I read a great deal more than I post. I know search is my friend too. Lol. If the issue arises again with the sms or mms problem I will be sure to post on it. Need to get the count up anyway in hopes that should I need more help I will be able to post where it's needed. But it's hard to post a question when so much is easily laid out for you and the development team is rocking out gold.

Last edited:

uppon2

Oct 27, 2010
I pretty much assumed they did the same but I did the Viper one. I like the status and it keeps me from booting to recovery to do the work. Finally something I can do to be a little lazy. Ha. This coming from a man who 2 days ago had never used adb in his life. Now, thanks to the xda forums and research, I have achieved alot with this DNA. Official ota blocking, root, boot imaging, kernels, roms, s-off, superCID, bootloader unlocking... and I'm sure the list will grow and grow.

As stated before, I read a great deal more than I post. I know search is my friend too. Lol. If the issue arises again with the sms or mms problem I will be sure to post on it. Need to get the count up anyway in hopes that should I need more help I will be able to post where it's needed. But it's hard to post a question when so much is easily laid out for you and the development team is rocking out gold.

There won't be a great deal more to learn to be honest. You have already reached the hardest of it, unless you plan to get in to developing

Jaybone073

Feb 22, 2013
Vidalia, GA.
There won't be a great deal more to learn to be honest. You have already reached the hardest of it, unless you plan to get in to developing

You never know. It's a possibility. Being a smartphone owner is much like being a true biker. Sure, you love your bike but you always want something more. Never happy with status quo. There is always something to research, something you want to add or do. Now you could get a mechanic to do it but the feeling isn't as good unless you do it yourself. And I have modded my motorcycle withing my capabilities, so naturally my next project may be my phone. I think I will practice with my spare thunderbolts first though. Lol.

beddachedda

Jul 29, 2010
San Francisco, CA
I will get a notification, but when I click on the notification in the drop down, it will send me to the individual messages of the sender, instead of the group text, so I have to exit out and then enter the group thread.

Minor annoyance.

Reactions: CISGS

r0nz3y

May 8, 2011
i have the same issue.

Running digital dream v1.5 on my droid dna verizon.

Bell Canada is my carrier.

Bigandrewgold

Mar 26, 2011
I will get a notification, but when I click on the notification in the drop down, it will send me to the individual messages of the sender, instead of the group text, so I have to exit out and then enter the group thread.

Minor annoyance.

If you click on the notification between when you receive the message and when the MMS portion of it is downloaded(which is where the fact that it is a group message is held) then this will happen. It is to be expected.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am from Australia and I have issues sometimes too running on GSM!. Things like failed texting and even calls failing because my phone thinks I'm dialling overseas. I resolved all of mine by changing all of my numbers to their country code extended file name. for example numbers in Australia look like this "0403045209" but I have now added my country code which is "+61" while using this code the first digit of the number needs to be dropped. In the end the number looks like this +61403045209. Everything now works perfectly fine.

If you are thinking to yourself oh crap now I need to go through and edit them all. The easiest solution is to go to your computer and log in to your gmail, up the top left you will see the "google" logo. Just underneath that you will see "gmail" click on this and change it to "contacts" - This might sound stupid me explaining it but it took me ages to figure this out lol.

I don't know if changing your numbers to their extended country code form will help, but it's worth a shot. For me, if I didn't do this, my phone thought I was dialling overseas. I think it is due to being Verizon, I dunno.

EDIT* I only needed to change "mobile numbers"

Minor annoyance.