[Q] this garbage ****ing phone keeps dropping data

Search This thread

galaxyzalaxy

Jun 6, 2013
i'm SO sick of having phone issues. i would give anything to go back to 2G and T9.

my galaxy s4 - brand "new" (refurbished from asurion) - loses its data connection whenever it ****ing feels like it. i don't notice it till i send a text and NOTHING will happen until it fails. to fix it i toggle data, or airplane mode, or lose my **** completely and yell at it. this still takes about a minute to kick in after the toggle, and sometimes the phone needs a reboot before it fixes. when it does respond to the fix, it lasts for ten minutes, fifteen minutes, however long it ****ing feels like it, then starts over again.

verizon network, android 4.3, rooted

i imagine this is an issue with the radio. would a rom have different settings for the radio to keep the connection persistent?

any ideas? the phone is practically right out of the box. all i want is a consistently working device (or at least one that just sends sms and mms consistently without issue), and i have literally never had an android phone that did this.

would appreciate any advice

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
I have never encountered this before. ..sounds like hardware issue.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

thesoldier

Nov 18, 2012
Baltimore
I had the same exact thing happen with my galaxy nexus. Thing would just drop data for fun I swear. Definitely hardware related.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

jake.99x3

Jul 7, 2013
Richmond
i'm SO sick of having phone issues. i would give anything to go back to 2G and T9.

my galaxy s4 - brand "new" (refurbished from asurion) - loses its data connection whenever it ****ing feels like it. i don't notice it till i send a text and NOTHING will happen until it fails. to fix it i toggle data, or airplane mode, or lose my **** completely and yell at it. this still takes about a minute to kick in after the toggle, and sometimes the phone needs a reboot before it fixes. when it does respond to the fix, it lasts for ten minutes, fifteen minutes, however long it ****ing feels like it, then starts over again.

i imagine this is an issue with the radio. would a rom have different settings for the radio to keep the connection persistent?

any ideas? the phone is practically right out of the box. all i want is a consistently working device (or at least one that just sends sms and mms consistently without issue), and i have literally never had an android phone that did this.

Could Be a hardware issue but I would suggest flashing it and if it still has that problem take it to the verizon store!

AsurionCares

Sep 6, 2013
Nashville, TN
www.asurion.com
Asurion Warranty Replacement

Great news!

All Asurion replacement devices come with a 12-month limited warranty. If you experience a covered warranty failure within that time period, a replacement device may be sent to you at no additional cost. We'd love to see what we can do to help you. Please email us your claim# (if available), your Verizon mobile# and the best contact# for you to socialmediateam@asurion.com. We will see what we can do to help!

Thanks!

Asurion Social Media Team @AsurionCares
www.phoneclaim.com

Reactions: tkacer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Asurion Warranty Replacement

Great news!

All Asurion replacement devices come with a 12-month limited warranty. If you experience a covered warranty failure within that time period, a replacement device may be sent to you at no additional cost. We'd love to see what we can do to help you. Please email us your claim# (if available), your Verizon mobile# and the best contact# for you to socialmediateam@asurion.com. We will see what we can do to help!

Thanks!

Asurion Social Media Team @AsurionCares
    www.phoneclaim.com