[Q] Please Help!!! HTC ONE RUU.exe failed, cannot ADB or FASTBOOT. Nothing works

Search This thread

jaspreet4140

Apr 22, 2014
I tried to flash guru reset with command 'fastboot flash zip ruu.zip'(ruu is my zip name) but I get message REMOTE ERROR .....Wht now sir........ I m stuck in cwm now......

CharliesTheMan

I tried to flash guru reset with command 'fastboot flash zip ruu.zip'(ruu is my zip name) but I get message REMOTE ERROR .....Wht now sir........ I m stuck in cwm now......

Did you run the command "fastboot oem rebootRUU" first to get into the fastboot service mode where it's the black screen with silver HTC logo? I don't use tools like guru reset but the command you posted sounds like it needs fastboot oem rebootRUU

To get out of that mode you would use "fastboot reboot" or "fastboot reboot-bootloader"

To change to TWRP from CWM you would download the twrp .img file (I uploaded mine to make it easy, it's themed though)

Name it recovery.img or use my file here that's already renamed http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407588625

Boot to hboot and make sure it's in Fastboot USB mode

Type the command "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"

After it's finished you can reboot to recovery.

Last edited:

jaspreet4140

Apr 22, 2014
re

yes I did by that command also... it says....
sending zip
okay
writing zip
bootloader zip header checking ..
bootloader zip info parsing..
FAILED <remote:24 parsing android-info fail…

this comes

CharliesTheMan

sending zip
okay
writing zip

this comes

EDIT: I didn't realize you're using a zip that isn't supposed to be fastboot flashed, since nkk71 is helping you actively I'm adding confusion, his advice below is some of the best I've seen, I didn't mean to step on his toes.

Last edited:
Reactions: nkk71

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
sending zip
okay
writing zip

this comes

I understand you are frustrated and feeling somewhat helpless and confused, and you can't be bothered to look at the situation in a calm manner.

So my first recommendation would be, calm down and stop rushing things.... once you are in calm state of mind, then you can proceed. (a little bit of reading wouldn't hurt either)

To summarize, once again: Guru Reset ROMs are installed using custom recovery, NOT using fastboot ruu flashing mode.
If you look at that link you'll find some (actually a lot) information about it, including a youtube video (I personally dislike following videos, but that's my personal opinion), feel free to do whatever makes you comfortable.

Good Luck, and thank you for not following my advice

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    last time soryyy...now I will only talk to u.......promise......
    ya guru reset is my 2nd option...I was thinking of deleting cwm recovery can u tell me how.....or chnging recovery to twrp can solve this problem.............

you're not understanding my point, you're randomly posting onto different threads which may or may not have the same problem (i'm leaning towards not the same problem)

and i'm not the only one you should be "talking to", both @alray and @bored_stupid have already been helping you, but you can't expect everybody to always be online. we all are in different timezones, and may have other things to do to; for example i have to sign off for a while...

So my recommendation is: open a new thread in Q&A with all the necessary information, and we'll try to help.

xda is a community, it's not about one person, it's about the group... and there are many friendly people here trying to help each other out :good:
    Hi, thanks for quick reply.

I am s-off and unlocked.

I was trying to reinstall because my camera was constantly out of focus. and i read that it maybe a bug since 4.2. So the install failed and then i formated system and whatever I tried since, nothing has worked. Tried all kind of drivers etc. still nothing

read FAQ 1 and 5 from here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2541082
    OMG!!!!!!!! You are a GENIUS :D
    I installed windows 7 on a different drive and flashed RUU.zip again without any problems.

I was already looking to get a new phone :D
    Thanks again!

Your welcome
    thx for replyi g sir, but when I try to give command 'fastboot oem get_indentifier_token' it says command error

Have you still got the identifier token given to you when you first unlocked the phone,
    Also check that its not a typographical error on your part.
    Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

@jaspreet4140 please keep in one thread so either this thread or http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2724479&page=2 whichever you prefer, but not both. thanks.
    (not to mention the third one, but nobody replied there anyway)
    sending zip
    okay
    writing zip

this comes

EDIT: I didn't realize you're using a zip that isn't supposed to be fastboot flashed, since nkk71 is helping you actively I'm adding confusion, his advice below is some of the best I've seen, I didn't mean to step on his toes.