Att apps

Search This thread

qzone23

May 2, 2014
I was wondering if I were to delete the att apps (att hotspots, att nav. etc.) Would that cause any unwanted side effects?

Sent from my LT28at using XDA Free mobile app

pckarma112

Oct 15, 2012
Dont know what you mean by delete? If you mean disable? No, it will not hurt to disable those apps. Those are on just about every att phone. There are lists every where showing you what apps you can disable. Just goole em and you will see. If your rooted. There is a very good app called systemCleanup that will tell what apps are safe. Either way you choose. Both are good options. Search or systemCleanup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: qzone23

qzone23

May 2, 2014
Sounds good, I have clean master which says that there could be problems if I uninstalled them

Mirhawk

Jan 31, 2014
Sounds good, I have clean master which says that there could be problems if I uninstalled them

Just disable those apps if You are not sure. Mostly these apps will show "problems if uninstalled" as they are installed via Your update directly, but don't cause any issues if uninstalled. You can always experiment by taking backup of the app, then uninstall it. If nothing is wrong, then fine, else You can restore them.

qzone23

May 2, 2014
Disabling them caused no issues but what I am really trying to do I get control of my hotspot/tethering without the need of an app like foxfi when I try to turn them on, please contact att, but since my phone is unlocked and I am not with att there is nothing they can do.

pckarma112

Oct 15, 2012
Yes, if your trying to use the hotspot in settings thats going to happen. That is tied in directly to your phone. Which is a att phone. You are essentially running a att rom. The only other way that I would know of. Would be to use a different carrier rom. But then you open up to other issues that would not be good. Just stick with foxfi. Be happy it works. For alot of us. It no longer does.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using XDA Free mobile app

qzone23

May 2, 2014
I figured that was the case, anyway, I really like the foxfi app because it hides your tethering usage from your carrier

Sent from my LT28at

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dont know what you mean by delete? If you mean disable? No, it will not hurt to disable those apps. Those are on just about every att phone. There are lists every where showing you what apps you can disable. Just goole em and you will see. If your rooted. There is a very good app called systemCleanup that will tell what apps are safe. Either way you choose. Both are good options. Search or systemCleanup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Free mobile app

Just disable those apps if You are not sure. Mostly these apps will show "problems if uninstalled" as they are installed via Your update directly, but don't cause any issues if uninstalled. You can always experiment by taking backup of the app, then uninstall it. If nothing is wrong, then fine, else You can restore them.
    Yes, if your trying to use the hotspot in settings thats going to happen. That is tied in directly to your phone. Which is a att phone. You are essentially running a att rom. The only other way that I would know of. Would be to use a different carrier rom. But then you open up to other issues that would not be good. Just stick with foxfi. Be happy it works. For alot of us. It no longer does.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using XDA Free mobile app