[APP] Manila Today Page 0.5.0.2 for EnergyROMs

Search This thread

pietsukkel

May 24, 2006
Manila Today Page was originally created for people who are using applications with Today screen plug-ins. When you use Manila or Sense, you are no longer able to display the old Today screen. MTP installs an extra tab, containing your Today screen plug-ins.
This is a modified version of MTP, compatible with EnergyROM's.

mtptodaypage011.jpg
mtptodaypage000.jpg
mtptodaypage022.jpg

The images above show the Apple icon, I replaced it with the Window icon.

Installation instructions:
1) Install the cab file
2) Perform a soft reset
3) You should now see a second tab called Today Screen. If not, go to /Windows, delete ManilaFull.xml and perform a soft reset.
4) Select the Today Screen tab and tab the MTP Settings button to configure MTP.
5) Only select Today as Target Page, all others will not work.
6) tab the Items tab to select the plug-ins you want to display on the Today Screen tab.
7) Click the apply button
8) Close the MTP Configurator. If you are using WM 6.5.3, you will see no close button and thus have to close it through the task manager.

ManilaTodayPage_0.5.0.2_EnergyROM

Oct 6 2010 Updates:
Added the /boot option to the shortcut in /Windows/StartUp, this causes the pop-up message to be suppressed.
Added the missing icon file for the re-arrange home screen tabs panel (Thanks mike2nl for bringing this to my attention!)

Oct 12 2010 Update:
Fixed 26948339_manila file. New Energy ROMs are more critical about the syntax of this file. It contained a double space and Sense could not handle that.

After installing MTP, you have to manually delete the file /Windows/ManilaFull.xml on the latest EnergyROMs.

Last edited:

calvano915

Jan 6, 2009
Can the icon be the windows icon or something related, instead of the apple logo? Or can we change this ourselves?

mlk

Jul 8, 2005
Davistown
Diff with V4.0?

I have been successfully running V4.0 as the most stable version thus far for quite some time and have it loaded with my now Energy flashed HD2. Also, I put this onto the Calendar Page as it is far more logical and means I get a tab on the screen that shows me todays date - what are the advantages to moving to V5.0? That is, what has changed & what benefits am I going to see by reverting to using the today.page?

BTW, love your work!

pietsukkel

May 24, 2006
I have been successfully running V4.0 as the most stable version thus far for quite some time and have it loaded with my now Energy flashed HD2. Also, I put this onto the Calendar Page as it is far more logical and means I get a tab on the screen that shows me todays date - what are the advantages to moving to V5.0?
Nothing. If version 4 works for you, stick to it. Version 0.5.x.x doesn't differ much from 0.4.x.x, it has only to do with the extra tabs that came with newer ROMs.
That is, what has changed & what benefits am I going to see by reverting to using the today.page?
I have never been able to use any other tab than the Today tab. You can select a different tab, but all other items on it are lost. If it's working for you on the Calender tab, leave it like that.

mlk

Jul 8, 2005
Davistown
I have never been able to use any other tab than the Today tab. You can select a different tab, but all other items on it are lost. If it's working for you on the Calender tab, leave it like that.

Quite simply by editing the Registry, I am able to grab the calendar page, does 5.0.2 give the option of the calendar page in configurator?

FYI: \\HKLM\Software\Microsoft\ManilaToday\TargetPage - set to calendar.page

mtbmdk

Oct 18, 2008
So Cal
Good Idea, but killed Sense, Seems that deleting "ManillaFull" is the issue. I'll have to hard reset.

dft601

Is it also compatible to Energy with Maxsense ?

Cannot get it to work..... I will flash newest rom and try again.

Mike

Hi

can you help me please ?

Does not work , also after flashing new ROM.

Today I got it to work with STOCK page.... So I can use your great program.

But I´d prefer to have a own manila tab for this.

I also recognized that the "stock"-tab was first not showed in maxmanila.
After moving it to a other position with the settings-tab I was showed again.

But this does not work with "today"-tab.

Mike

pietsukkel

May 24, 2006
But this does not work with "today"-tab.
Mike
Could it be you are using a ROM which still contains the Documents tab?
I created this mod (I'm not the creator of ManilaTodayPage!) to make it compatible with the latest EnergyROM. The Documents tab has been removed from the latest ROMs, so you should have 14 tabs before installing MTP.
Piet

angusc

May 12, 2006
Beijing
Thanx it works a treat on my TD2 with Energy Standard ROM.

But anyone know how to stop the "loaded today tab" message from appearing? it stops the rest of Sense from loading until you screen tap the message and is rather anoying.....i would just prefer a silent install and straight in to Sense for the device.

mike2nl

Jul 24, 2009
Near Utrecht

Hi pietsukkel,

i have managed now the missing icon for the tab manager. The file name is 78DAC9C6_manila.

The screenshot shos the one from me. I hope that helps. If someone needs the file from me, please ask me here, or better via PM. Then i will publish the file. Not now because the user file memory limitation the last time o XDA ;).

BTW:
this is the path in manila hash: \windows\HTC\Settings\Assets\Images\rearrange\today.page.qtc

Attachments

• missing_tab_manager_icon.png
    missing_tab_manager_icon.png
    38.7 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

pietsukkel

May 24, 2006
MTP no longer works with EnergyROMs

Hi guys!
Maybe you already noticed it, but MTP no longer works on the Energy Cookie Home Tab ROMs. The Today page is no longer displayed. It has something to do with the new CHT 2.0 version, but I can't find why it's no longer working...
If you still want to use MTP, select a standard Sense page (like the Stock page) to host your plug-ins, that will work.
Kind regards,
Piet

mike2nl

Jul 24, 2009
Near Utrecht
Hi guys!
Maybe you already noticed it, but MTP no longer works on the Energy Cookie Home Tab ROMs. The Today page is no longer displayed. It has something to do with the new CHT 2.0 version, but I can't find why it's no longer working...
If you still want to use MTP, select a standard Sense page (like the Stock page) to host your plug-ins, that will work.
Kind regards,
Piet

Hi pietsukkel,

what you say is strange, because i use all CHT 2.0 stuff but NOT on a 3rd party ROM. It is possible that the ROM cokker has deleted some functions? Possible there is something cokked in what stops or reload the ManilaFull.exe or something in the registry. This can' t be a CHT issue. My HTC STOCK ROM is working without any issue.

Advise: ask the rom cokker, because all this 3rd party software is changed in 99% of all cases.

pietsukkel

May 24, 2006
Hi pietsukkel,

what you say is strange, because i use all CHT 2.0 stuff but NOT on a 3rd party ROM. It is possible that the ROM cokker has deleted some functions? Possible there is something cokked in what stops or reload the ManilaFull.exe or something in the registry. This can' t be a CHT issue. My HTC STOCK ROM is working without any issue.

Advise: ask the rom cokker, because all this 3rd party software is changed in 99% of all cases.
Hi Mike!
You are right. I installed CHT 1.8 on this ROM: same result, no MTP tab. So it must be the ROM, so either there must be something missing or the Windows build (21680) is not compatible.
Thanks for you help!
Piet

By the way, thanks for your suggestion about the 78DAC9C6_manila file! I added one to the cab file and updated the main page of this thread.

angusc

May 12, 2006
Beijing
Hi Mike!
You are right. I installed CHT 1.8 on this ROM: same result, no MTP tab. So it must be the ROM, so either there must be something missing or the Windows build (21680) is not compatible.
Thanks for you help!
Piet

By the way, thanks for your suggestion about the 78DAC9C6_manila file! I added one to the cab file and updated the main page of this thread.

Pietsukkel,

This is strange as I'm using Energy with Cookie 2.0 and I have no issue with installation of MTP. I just disabled Sense and then installed MTP on to main memory. then restarted my TOPAZ and then deleted the 'Manilafull.xml file' from Windows folder then restarted and there was the MTP tab next to my Home tab. When i switched to the MTP tab and MTP settings I set up the Target page as BLANK (did not make a selection).

I have no problem with MTP to work on my Energy ROM 29th Sept build. I still have not managed to get CHTS to switch profiles without locking up the Device. Now for the time being i have switched to manual mode until i can find a solution to this problem.