How to install Google Services and Google Account on Huawei Mate 8.

Search This thread

Pirzu

Jan 10, 2011
Hello,

I have bought huawei Mate 8 (4/64) chineese version on ibuygou.com for review in my country . I wish they had installed google play services etc but they didnt.

I have tried with Google installer - it didn't help (method the same as in xiaomi devices). Next I have tried to install google play services.apk and google play.apk from apkmirror, but after I have written my email and password, there was written that there is no connect or sth like this - try again later. I checked account menagment in settings if I could login in google account, but there was no such option.

So my question is: Has anyone method to install google play, google services on this smartphone? I hope that anyone can help me, I will be so grateful ! :)

ItsMunday

Dec 29, 2015
Open HiStore (The Huawei app store) and search google, the first little banner that pops up click it, there should now be a list of the google apps. Install them. Change some permissions and you should be good.

NikGi

Jan 10, 2016
Also install the app in the internal storage in case you have a micro sd installed.

natxoga

Feb 11, 2010
A Coruña
ok so the solution here works great but when downloading larger apps such as zombies run or NFS No limits the playstore would force close and download fails without warning.

has anyone experienced this? could it be to do with the download manager?

Mine had the same problem before i changed the rom to the international one. And i know some people having the same problem.. Still no solution...

ItsMunday

Dec 29, 2015
Mine had the same problem before i changed the rom to the international one. And i know some people having the same problem.. Still no solution...

Why do people say there is no solution?!

I've seen some guy encounter this issue and then find a solution for it, and now it works perfectly for him.
Something to do with system app and permissions i think was all.

---------- Post added at 01:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 AM ----------

Also, you need to give Play Store internal storage permission to download those large games, until I did that I had same issue as you with large game installs appearing to cause the Play Store to crash.

As you can see a simple search and you can find the answers...

Reactions: jbmc83

I've seen some guy encounter this issue and then find a solution for it, and now it works perfectly for him.

---------- Post added at 01:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 AM ----------

Appreciate this. I've tried trusting the entire google play store app which should allow everything but that didn't help. cleared data and stuff + reboot - nothing.

But seeing how someone did manage to solve it, I will give it another go before flashing. Thanks

Reactions: KamaL
solved. The UI is sort of confusing because I needed to bring up another (native?) permissions manager in order to enable storage permissions. could be a security feature.. no idea.

either search for "permissions" inside settings, or reach it by going to Apps > Advanced.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-26-10-40-14.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-26-10-40-14.png
    142.4 KB · Views: 2,951

hpacura

Feb 1, 2008
I'm planning to get the Chinese version (only one for now that has 4gb RAM and higher storage) and my question is does the phone come with English out of the box? Thanks

ItsMunday

Dec 29, 2015
solved. The UI is sort of confusing because I needed to bring up another (native?) permissions manager in order to enable storage permissions. could be a security feature.. no idea.

either search for "permissions" inside settings, or reach it by going to Apps > Advanced.

Sometimes it can get a bit confusing but im glad you were able to solve it.

Reactions: yellowchilli

Fongkhaiyin

Feb 10, 2016
I just cannot get google accounts to work

I have installed google play services, google play store, gmail, google contact sych onbmy chinese huawei mate 8. But when i try to add a google account, by givingbit the email, password and sms verification code, and after accepting the terms of servicd and policy, it gives couldnt sign in and communication error with google server.

I have installed google play services, google play store, gmail, google contact sych onbmy chinese huawei mate 8. But when i try to add a google account, by givingbit the email, password and sms verification code, and after accepting the terms of servicd and policy, it gives couldnt sign in and communication error with google server.
I had communications error but it was from doing something else. uninstalled google stuff..the whole lot. reboot, reinstalled, and it was all good from there.

Fongkhaiyin

Feb 10, 2016
I had communications error but it was from doing something else. uninstalled google stuff..the whole lot. reboot, reinstalled, and it was all good from there.

Thank you. I reset the phone and install Google play store fro hiapp store. And everything works. I can add Google account and install all other Google apps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Also, you need to give Play Store internal storage permission to download those large games, until I did that I had same issue as you with large game installs appearing to cause the Play Store to crash.

Appreciate this. I've tried trusting the entire google play store app which should allow everything but that didn't help. cleared data and stuff + reboot - nothing.

But seeing how someone did manage to solve it, I will give it another go before flashing. Thanks

Sometimes it can get a bit confusing but im glad you were able to solve it.