MX Player Custom Codec [AC3,DTS,MLP,TRUEHD, etc..]

Search This thread

changlish76

Feb 17, 2019
Amazon Fire TV
Should all codecs be selected within "HW+ audio/video codecs" when using this custom codec? By default this is whats selected on my device↓
KnNS0Eg.png

Last edited:

breiten

Jun 5, 2017
Latest Neon 64 zip works for me. But There's no codec for DTS and AC3. Is a new version planned to correct this ?

Envoyé de mon HUAWEI M2-A01W en utilisant Tapatalk

carcardon

Feb 17, 2015
When I change new device
it can't support with aio.zip
The aio mean all package inside
I don't know why can't use it again.
Finally I change armv8 64bit code package and work fine

DTS、E-AC3 audio support again

breiten

Jun 5, 2017
Weird.
I have MX Player Pro both on my Phone (Android 6) and my tablet (Android 5) with exactly the same parameters and Neon 64 codec pack. The same file with E-AC3 works fine on my phone but not on my tablet. The sound doesn't work. When I try to change the codec, it says that Armv8 Neon is required. Any idea ? With the previous version on my tablet, MX Player Pro worked fine.
How can I install the previous version of MX Player Pro ?

MXPlayer

Nov 3, 2015
mx.j2inter.com
Weird.
I have MX Player Pro both on my Phone (Android 6) and my tablet (Android 5) with exactly the same parameters and Neon 64 codec pack. The same file with E-AC3 works fine on my phone but not on my tablet. The sound doesn't work. When I try to change the codec, it says that Armv8 Neon is required. Any idea ? With the previous version on my tablet, MX Player Pro worked fine.
How can I install the previous version of MX Player Pro ?

If the custom codec is compiled with support for that particular codec, you shouldn't face any issues. If you are facing any issues, please collect a bug report right after playing the file and contact us at support@mxplayer.in along with the collected bug report and custom codec file so that we can assist you better.

xxax92

Dec 10, 2012
same here Samsung s4 tablet .. tried everything above nothing worked
needs ARMv8 1.13

edit: what a trash app .. every once and a while they mess it up and spends hours to solve their mess
I am setting it up for my parents .. guess they whoever made this trash didn't consider that there will be old people using it.
switching to VLC it's free, looks better and they don't waste our time.

Last edited:

Chaplan

Jan 8, 2008
No Place
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Google Pixel 4a
same here Samsung s4 tablet .. tried everything above nothing worked
needs ARMv8 1.13

edit: what a trash app .. every once and a while they mess it up and spends hours to solve their mess
I am setting it up for my parents .. guess they whoever made this trash didn't consider that there will be old people using it.
switching to VLC it's free, looks better and they don't waste our time.
Trash talking gets you nowhere.
What would get you somewhere would be to keep a backup of the earlier build and just use that while things get sorted, something most of us already do because as you state on other words, sometimes updates of the app need custom codec updates also and you might be in the blind spot if you update before custom codec is released here.

For my particular case all is working. 64bit build on OP5T and aio on my mibox s.

By the way, this thread is about custom codec packs for MX Player, not the app itself.
I have no issue whatsoever with VLC, use it on every device/OS I use.

MX Player is a step ahead for me while using it for playing local files with subs. Something VLC has been buged for in a long time.
For casting stuff I use VLC wich works just fine, it's better for subs curiously.
To open streams I use both.

Fair and square. :angel:

xxax92

Dec 10, 2012
Trash talking gets you nowhere.
What would get you somewhere would be to keep a backup of the earlier build and just use that while things get sorted, something most of us already do because as you state on other words, sometimes updates of the app need custom codec updates also and you might be in the blind spot if you update before custom codec is released here.

For my particular case all is working. 64bit build on OP5T and aio on my mibox s.

By the way, this thread is about custom codec packs for MX Player, not the app itself.
I have no issue whatsoever with VLC, use it on every device/OS I use.

MX Player is a step ahead for me while using it for playing local files with subs. Something VLC has been buged for in a long time.
For casting stuff I use VLC wich works just fine, it's better for subs curiously.
To open streams I use both.

Fair and square. :angel:

It got me to VLC
Dont have time to keep up with custom codes and backups and moving them from one device to another. Specially if its updating by itself
Its an app .. not an equation

Unfair and circle

milance01

Oct 15, 2009
It got me to VLC
Dont have time to keep up with custom codes and backups and moving them from one device to another. Specially if its updating by itself
Its an app .. not an equation

Unfair and circle

When everything is set up and working properly, MX is better than the VLC and well worthed of the effort to install custom codec. But sometimes it's not working properly and then VLC is better. Not everything in life is black and white (actually nothing is), so mix it up yourself

Sometimes fair, sometimes not and triangle :silly:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https://github.com/USBhost/MX_FFmpeg is my modified source where i'm building from
    You can download recent codecs here ( GitHub releases ) and 1.35.0-1.8.6 here ( Google Drive ).
    Also the XDA download tab is no longer updated as for some reason I cant remove them.

INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Check which version you need by going to Local Player Settings/Decoder/General
    in the Custom Codec tab it will tell you which one is needed (x86,x86_64,neon,neon64/ARMv8).
    Note: skip step 1 if your using aio (all in one) version
    2. Download the one you need (No need to unzip it)
    3. Go back to Local Player Settings/Decoder/General
    and tap the Custom Codec tab then select the version you downloaded. DONE!
    Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :

What's the difference between MX Player Codec Packs on Google Play and Custom Codec?
    MX Player Codec Pack not only contains ffmpeg library, It contains many other libraries required to work properly. If you download MX Player from Google Play mostly it will contain the required libraries according to your device architecture. You have to install codec packs from Google Play only if MX Player asks to install. Custom codec is just a modified version of the ffmpeg library used in MX Player. It's modified to include support DTS/Dolby(ac3) audio tracks. So, Codec Pack is mandatory if MX Player asks to install it. Custom Codec is optional and It's required only if you want to play the videos with DTS & Dolby (AC3) audio tacks

Why Custom Codec is not updated even though MX Player is updated?
    In Many occasions MX Player may updated without any changes to ffmpeg library. So, Custom Codec will also remain same. The custom codec version required will be directly forced by the player itself. So no need to worry about it. If it's not compatible MX Player will not load at all.

How do I know that my Custom Codec is outdated & needs an update?
    Whenever MX Player is updated, It will check the custom codec version loaded. If it's outdated it will show a error message that shows "Custom Codec is out of date. Replace it with the new version". Otherwise there is no need to check this thread for the new Custom Codecs.
    Custom codecs for 1.9.8
    Update 1.13.0 is up!!!

1.13.0 ARMv8 codec is needed here as well, thank you !

Please, it any chance to get ARMv7 Neon codec for version 1.13 mx player? I have sony TV and its problem with EAC3 :-/ Need codec for this version.

It's up on Google Drive now!!! :angel: neon64 is our ARM64
    However I can't seem to upload them to XDA... I guess Brave does not like flash lol oh well.
    Edit: Its up on XDA as well now.