[ROM] 11/23/11 | Fresh Evo 4.3.3 | OTA 4.54.651.1 | Carrier IQ Removed | Read More

Search This thread

wfrandy

Jun 9, 2010
Reno
I am on Fresh 4.1.0.1 B1. I too had the fc's on Voice search and Superuser. I was able to uninstall Voice search with TB and reinstall it from the market, and that seems to have fixed that. I reinstalled busybox, fixed permissions and rebooted several times, but Superuser still fc's. If I clear data on Superuser it will work one time then fc after that. Any ideas?

xlGmanlx

Jul 21, 2010
www.life360.com
did you try and removing superuser and then updating/installing from titanium backup?
I am on Fresh 4.1.0.1 B1. I too had the fc's on Voice search and Superuser. I was able to uninstall Voice search with TB and reinstall it from the market, and that seems to have fixed that. I reinstalled busybox, fixed permissions and rebooted several times, but Superuser still fc's. If I clear data on Superuser it will work one time then fc after that. Any ideas?

alammori

Feb 8, 2008
Nashville
The voice search is a known bug of the new Rom. Use Rootexplorer to delete it, then reload from the market.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

wfrandy

Jun 9, 2010
Reno
did you try and removing superuser and then updating/installing from titanium backup?

I didn't try that, but if I start SU several times it will eventually run. Once each app that needs SU permission is listed in SU it doesn't fc. Just sucks that it fc's every time a new app asks for permission.

I didn't try deleting it with TB because when SU fc's TB can't get root access and doesn't work. So I suspect if I deleted SU, I would not be able to reinstall it with TB, and didn't want to go down that road.

xlGmanlx

Jul 21, 2010
www.life360.com
you could always do a NAND backup and then delete it and attempt to reinstall. if it borks anything up, restore the NAND, no harm no foul
I didn't try that, but if I start SU several times it will eventually run. Once each app that needs SU permission is listed in SU it doesn't fc. Just sucks that it fc's every time a new app asks for permission.

I didn't try deleting it with TB because when SU fc's TB can't get root access and doesn't work. So I suspect if I deleted SU, I would not be able to reinstall it with TB, and didn't want to go down that road.

willy900wonka

Dec 14, 2009
Penguinville

Drmac's http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1110733 uses a Chainsdd SU apk http://goo-inside.me/superuser/su-2.3.6-gb-wal_fix-signed.zip (sorry for the weird survey) also available from market. That should stop the GB su fc's.

Reactions: wfrandy

lath19

Jun 20, 2010
I know this isn't a rom issue but does voice search work consistently for anybody else? I have to yell for it to pick up my speech since upgrading to gingerbread.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

bigupurself7

Mar 29, 2010
Pri

When I updated from 1.77 PRI to the next one there was a few problems, especially with custom kernels. Should we still update to the newest PRI or just stick with 1.77?

Last edited:

braxx

Mar 31, 2008
How quick can I get a DL link from flipz for 4.1 ?
I have no problem donating I just need the ROM asap. I don't have a lot of time to mess with my phone and I'm leaving for vacation on Monday. So I don't have much time to finsh packing AND phone flashing.
I've read that Flipz is busy with his wedding stuff. I'd hate to donate and NOT get a DL link asap (I know, it's not the end of the world. I just don't get much time to mess with my phone and I was looking to flash it tonight.)
I guess this was a long winded question of: If I donate, how low until I get a link to DL the ROM?

Thanks.

Hamspiced

Dec 14, 2009
as soon as paypal checkout is completed you are redirected to a super secret part of his site which has all the donor related downloads.

verified this because i just donated 10$ an hour or two ago and found out.

Reactions: braxx

braxx

Mar 31, 2008
as soon as paypal checkout is completed you are redirected to a super secret part of his site which has all the donor related downloads.

verified this because i just donated 10$ an hour or two ago and found out.

Oh thank you SOOOOO much for the info. I'm donating now!

EDIT: I can't find my dang usb cable. Oh well, I'm DL'ing it to my phone right now as I type.
Thanks again Hamspiced for the quick reply.

Last edited:

toomuchgame441

Apr 16, 2010
Bump for the 4.1.1.0 release. Thanks to all the donors and testers! <3

Hey Flipz, thanks for the update. But ur change log link isn't working (ur first change log link on the 1st page) I get a web page error. And ur 2nd change log link doesn't have the log for the new update. Any way for u to maybe repost the link?

polo79

Jan 27, 2010
Houston
If I flash this rom and then the radios will I have to reflash an old radio if I want to go back to froyo?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    0bN4j.png

Geek For Me is proud to release:

Fresh Evo 4.3.3 for your Sprint Evo 4g

Base: OTA_Supersonic_4.54.651.1

HbZsX.png

From 4.2.2 to 4.3.3:
    • Included V6 SuperCharger in /system/xbin/V6_SuperCharger_u8.sh for those who want to use it.
      • Thanks to zeppelinrox for this. I am NOT the dev and won't be supporting any questions with this script as it's extensive. Please visit the original thread if you have any.
    • Updated Fresh Updater (v1.4.0) to rename themes to mods.
      • Added some helpful text prompts to hopefully alleviate questions from when people don't read the FAQ. :)
      • Removed some deprecated options to clean up the menus
      • Fixed bug where it wouldn't reboot automatically on the evo
    • Downgraded busybox to 1.18.2 to resolve some scripting issues
    • Updated Vending/Market to 3.3.12
    • Updated SuperUser to 3.0.7

Not every mod in this rom is outlined here if it was done in a previous version. It contains all the Fresh goodies as outlined in the Fresh Evo changelog: http://link.geekfor.me/evochangelog

3oG0H.png

• Why am I getting FC’s on gmail/market/voice search/whatever?
      • FC’s can be a common issue when /system/app contains an app that you already have on /data/app. So if you get a FC on gmail, the market, or something similar, then it can generally be fixed 99.99% of the time by either wiping that particular apps data (Settings < Manage Applications < All < YOUR APP < Clear Data), or going in and uninstalling it which will actually force it to use the one /system/app.
      • Or, of course, can be fixed 100% of the time by doing a full data wipe before installing! I have verified this rom as 100% FC free (at boot at least) so if you have issues, it’s your particular setup.
    • Why do I get invalid signature when flashing?
      • This zip is signed the same as I’ve signed every other rom for the last 2.5 years but was getting invalid signature from TWRC 1.1.1. So make sure signature checking is disabled. You can compare the md5 below to make sure your download is good though.
    • Is this Ice Cream Sandwich? It says it’s version 4.x?
      • No. This is version 4.x of Fresh Rom. The Android version is always in my change log and unless it’s tagged as a dev rom, will always be the newest official OTA, or possibly a beta tag for a leaked OTA.
    • How do I setup V6 SuperCharger?
    • How do I remove Carrier IQ / CIQ?

N4dO9.png

• I always listen to the community as a whole and if enough people want something then I will generally add it to my rom. So feel free to ask. However if it's something that only a few people want then I request that you do it yourself and submit a mod/theme/patch for the others to use! :)

ME0p9.png

• None that are caused by Fresh.

Rmj8X.png

Install Notes: This update does not require a data wipe if you are on a stock-ish Sprint/Sense rom or on a previous version of fresh. If you are coming from another rom then a wipe may be required. Always perform a nandroid backup before flashing.
    Donors: No changes from the one sent out to you.

OWrUl.png

• Post any questions/issues below
    • Post on my site at http://geekfor.me
    • Please don’t email or pm me directly for support as that doesn’t help the next person who has that question. I also get a ton of email. Thanks.
    Fair warning: if you ask me something that is already answered in the forum, the change log, or these release notes, then I'm going to ignore it. Sorry.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Road map for next version:
    • All changes included in newest release
    Bump for the 4.1.1.0 release. Thanks to all the donors and testers! <3
    Bump for new release!
    Bump for new release!