[WindowsXP/Vista/7][.NET][TOOL] Icon Set-Builder v1.1.0 [2012/10/12]

Search This thread

NachoB

Mar 16, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
OnePlus 9 Pro
Okay, maybe things have changed on me since .99. You'll have to tell me if this is the way it's supposed to be working now vrooden.

When I originally did the mirrored series, I had:
Version 0.9.9
Icon Set: Mirror Hor. 88
Text Icon: 2-Line, spacing -8
Mask: cutbottom50percblurred (it was this setting that I used to fade the mirrored object from the bottom of the icon)

Version 1.0.2, If I try those similar settings, the Mask is applied directly to the middle of the two objects.. See attached for example. Hope this makes sense without me having to go into too much detail.
And before you tell me to use the Fade Out setting under Rotate Mirror, I use Mask instead so that I can adjust the gradient of the fade to my liking.

V 0.9.9
attachment.php

V 1.0.2
attachment.php

Attachments

• ISB_Mask_099.jpg
    ISB_Mask_099.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,571
  • ISB_Mask_102.jpg
    ISB_Mask_102.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,570
Last edited:

dbs179

Dec 3, 2010
"Mirror" you find on the "Icon FX"-Tab. Enable it, adjust the "Axis"-position to your desired location. Also you need to adjust the width, which is the size of the reflection.

BTW: the Semi Sense-template might also give you some help.

Sent from my MT15i using Tapatalk 2

vrooden, thanks for the tip. I tried the Mirror option before, but it didn't seem to work as I had expected. Once I loaded the Semi-Sense template, I was able to get closer to what Nacho's Icon's look like but I'm still not there.

Thanks,
Dave

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

Okay, maybe things have changed on me since .99. You'll have to tell me if this is the way it's supposed to be working now vrooden.

Version 0.9.9
Mask: cutbottom50percblurred (it was this setting that I used to fade the mirrored object from the bottom of the icon)

Version 1.0.2, If I try those similar settings, the Mask is applied directly to the middle of the two objects.. See attached for example. Hope this makes sense without me having to go into too much detail.
And before you tell me to use the Fade Out setting under Rotate Mirror, I use Mask instead so that I can adjust the gradient of the fade to my liking.

I never used .9.9, but I'm seeing the same thing. Also I tried to use the Fade Out setting, but even a setting of 1 makes my mirror disappear.

On another note, Nacho, are you using two seperate configurations, one for single line icons and one for double line icons or can you have one configuration that works for both?

BTW, this is an awesome program, now that I am figuring it out more!!!

Thanks,
Dave

vrooden

Jun 22, 2010
Sorry, guys, I kept you waiting, wasn't online and at my PC the last days.
Was stuck in trash and dust, had some days off house, needed to clean up the house. So many boxes with old stuff everywhere standing in our ways since we moved in 3 years(!) ago.

When I try to use some of these settings, such as the above, it locks up Icon Set-Builder pretty hard. So some of these settings I don't even try. There's others, as I come across them I'll post here. Seems anything I'm trying to do right now is causing it to do a slow motion freeze. Trying to figure out (trouble shoot) another issue at the moment.

Will add some logging and do profiling to check what's slow. Some effects work per pixel, which means I'm iterating through the whole grid (i.e. 128x128 = 16384 pixels). These are bound to be slow... but not THAT slow it seems to FREEZE, that's really bad! "Shadow" (the more blur the badder) and "Pseudo 3D" are for sure candidates I have to optimize.

Version 0.9.9

Thanks for the clarification, helped a lot.

Looks like I "broke" this from 0.9.9 to 0.9.10... well kinda... Basically for whatever reason "Apply Mask" I moved up in the processing chain, so "Mirror" now is applied _AFTER_ masking.

EDIT: Well... since you can apply fade out to mirror, I think there is no need to apply a mask after mirroring. That order seems quite appropriate.

That many effects and adjustments to apply, I had to make some decisions in which order they are applied. Taking a quick glance at code and tool, I saw there are some more things. Like: you cannot apply shadow to "Label over Icon"-text, only the icon itself is affected.

I will try to create an overview/graph (even for myself) in which order what effect/adjustment is applied.
Next it seems I have to find an easy way one could influence in some extend the order.

Also I tried to use the Fade Out setting, but even a setting of 1 makes my mirror disappear.

Easy one: "0" doen't mean "no fade out", but "use full height", whereas "1" fades out only 1 pixel height (which looks like it disappeared). Simply increase to like 8px and more and you'll see the fade out.

BTW, this is an awesome program, now that I am figuring it out more!!!

Added to my ToDo-list: "write some documentation". Or at least "add tooltip-help to all controls".

Last edited:

vrooden

Jun 22, 2010
Just a quick note about the current to get you updated:

Shadow for icon label text added; seperately configurable from icon shadow

Mirror/Reflection: optimized and enhanced

Performance: could greatly optimize a lot of functions (mainly those working pixel-based), speed improvement average about 40%, depends on complexity and number of applied effects :D

attachment.php

Logging: added for analysis; not sure wether I'll leave it in the release build

Will do some final tests this evening and release afterwards.

Attachments

• Performance.png
    Performance.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 994
Reactions: NachoB

NachoB

Mar 16, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
OnePlus 9 Pro
Just a quick note about the current to get you updated:

Shadow for icon label text added; seperately configurable from icon shadow

Mirror/Reflection: optimized and enhanced

Performance: could greatly optimize a lot of functions (mainly those working pixel-based), speed improvement average about 40%, depends on complexity and number of applied effects :D

Logging: added for analysis; not sure wether I'll leave it in the release build

Will do some final tests this evening and release afterwards.
Looking good!!

vrooden

Jun 22, 2010
Version 1.1.0

New version 1.1.0

Performance:
Greatly optimized performance for many functions, average 30-40% faster now. All functions working per-pixel now are much faster, since I'm now working directly with the underlying bits and bytes of each (LockBits) pixel instead of using the slooow GetPixel-/SetPixel-functions.

Label-over-Icon with Shadow
Label-over-Icon now has it's own "Shadow" settings independent from the icon.

Mirror
"Mirror" is now in "Icon FX", now called "Mirror / Reflection", and has many more options. Basically I was inspired once more by a screenshot by BlackBearBlanc with ICS-icons with reflection: the reflection is semi-transparent and is moved by an offset up and a bit to the right. Now you can, too, easily -- and also change the transparency ("Alpha"), saturation and brightness (luminance).

"Open folder"-buttons
Easily open folders (i.e. containing Exports) in Explorers by simply clicking on the big button "Open folder in Explorer" in tab "Tools", or "Open output folder".

Logging
Under "About" you might enable logging to help me out in case you find some functions working slowly.

Download items
Loading preview is now running asynchronous, speeded up launch of the dialog.

>> Download available from here. <<

Attachments

• ISBv100_01_MirrorReflection_marked.jpg
    ISBv100_01_MirrorReflection_marked.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 195
  • ISBv100_02_LabelShadow_marked.jpg
    ISBv100_02_LabelShadow_marked.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 183
  • ISBv100_03_OpenFolderButtons_marked.jpg
    ISBv100_03_OpenFolderButtons_marked.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 183
  • ISBv100_04_Logging_marked.jpg
    ISBv100_04_Logging_marked.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:

faisus

Nov 6, 2009
i like da icons evry1 is making....have downloaded som zip files of the icons..now the qus is how do i install in my galaxy s3...which option to select from the titanium bakup menu and where to place the zip..kindly elaborate n thnxxx

vrooden

Jun 22, 2010
where can i find more templates

Well, first of all, there are some basic templates and items included to give you a start.

Next, under the tab "Tools" there is a button "Download additional items", which brings up kinda like an "In-App Store" where you can download a lot more templates, icon sets etc.

attachment.php

Furthermore... if you see icon sets created with the tool, you could ask them to share the template with you. They can easily export everything needed with just a few clicks as ZIP which can be imported into the tool.

And finally... well... create your own ;) I use the free "Paint.NET" graphics editor, it's small and easy to use.

i like da icons evry1 is making....have downloaded som zip files of the icons..

If you refer to the template: see above, ask the creator to share the template with you.

now the qus is how do i install in my galaxy s3...

Right now, you have to download the icon set as ZIP, extract the icon PNGs and place them into a folder on your device's sd card.

On your device, you have to manually apply the icons I'm afraid. Some third party launchers (like Apex, ssLauncher, Lighting Launcher, Nova etc) allow to directly replace app icons. For stock launchers you might use Desktop Visualizer to create a shortcut to the app on the home screen where you can use any icon you want.

Note: Seeing many requests, I've already taken a look at how to create an icon theme APK for Apex and other launchers (i.e. this [GUIDE] Apex Launcher Theme Tutorial).

But all seem to require creating XML-configuration files (and propably different for different launchers) describing the icon to use, the app name, the app's intention and more. This might be possible, but finally the whole mess has to be compiled and signed with Java/Eclipse/Android SDK to somehow get an appliable theme.

Lots of work (not only on my side for implementing) and it cannot be automated too well.

If anyone has experience and care to share some insights, I'd be glad!

which option to select from the titanium bakup menu

I always just did a pretty normal backup with Titanium. The backup contained the compressed app as well as one or more "*.properties" files. The latter are the ones needed for extracting the icons.

Note: Since on my device icons extracted are only 72x72 pixels (others stated 96x96 on higher resolutions devices), I already played with the inofficial google play API for .NET, tried to access it directly for downloading higher resolution app icons. But currently there's am unsolved problem which throws an exception when trying to communicate with the store. Hope it's fixed soon!

and where to place the zip..kindly elaborate n thnxxx

Which ZIP do you mean?

The ZIP containing the icons shared by others? >> Extract to SD card on device and apply icons manually.

The ZIP containing a template? >> Import in the Icon Set-Builder under "Tools".

Last edited:
Reactions: HammDroid

vrooden

Jun 22, 2010
Special post regarding sharing templates:

Seeing a lot of icon sets recently (especially in the "[Collection] ICON SETS | Over *750* different Icon Packs" thread) first of all I'd like to thank you all for using my tool and sharing your creations!! :highfive:

But also more and more requests are coming up of other's who like to create their own sets.

Sooo... what do you think would be the best way to get all satisfied?

Q: If you created an icon set, I know it's your creative property. But would you be willing to share the template with others, too?

If so... How can I best assist you with sharing? What way would you prefer?

(1) When generating the icon set, should I give you an option to automatically include a sub-folder containing the exported template so it'll be available for others downloading the icon set?

(2) Would you like a function to upload an exported template to my server so others can download it via the "Download additional items"-feature? (I have a few gig bytes free and unlimited traffic)

(3) Should I start a new thread dedicated to icon sets created with the Icon Set-Builder tool, where you should ("are kindly asked to", not "required to") post the icon set as well as the template?

I'm curious, so please let me know. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Generally, if any of you busy creators would like me to add your template to the downloads right now, just send them to me (send all 3 files created when exporting, ZIP, XML and PNG; email is in the app under "About") and I will ASAP add them to the downloadable items.

Last edited:

NachoB

Mar 16, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
OnePlus 9 Pro
Getting lots of errors, I'll see about capturing a log. Mostly only tried playing around with IconFX mirror trying to duplicate what I had previously done using Mask.

~ Sent from my LTEvoFourG on Viper4G ROM v2.0.2 using Tapatalk

NachoB

Mar 16, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
OnePlus 9 Pro
Strange... what errors? Will then fix this evening (in a few hours).
Before I go reporting wrong, should I be able to simply extract the latest zip into a 1.0.2 installation and things work correctly?

EDIT:
Icon FX, Mirror/Reflection: If I try to take the Alpha above 130 I get:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: Value of '258' is not valid for 'alpha'. 'alpha' should be greater than or equal to 0 and less than or equal to 255.
at System.Drawing.Color.CheckByte(Int32 value, String name)
at System.Drawing.Color.FromArgb(Int32 alpha, Int32 red, Int32 green, Int32 blue)
at IconSetBuilder.IconSetBuilderShared.FadeImage(Bitmap imgOrig, Boolean fadeH, Boolean fadeV, Int32 fadeXPos, Int32 fadeYPos, Nullable`1 fadeSize, Nullable`1 baseAlpha)
at IconSetBuilder.IconSetBuilderShared.MirrorImage(Bitmap imgOrig, Boolean mirrorX, Boolean mirrorY, Nullable`1 fadeOffset, Nullable`1 fadeSize, Nullable`1 baseAlpha)
at IconSetBuilder.IconSetBuilderShared.MirrorImage(Bitmap imgOrig, Boolean mirrorX, Boolean mirrorY, Boolean axisHorizontal, Int32 axis, Boolean cropAtAxis, Int32 offsetX, Int32 offsetY, Nullable`1 baseAlpha, Nullable`1 fadeSize, Nullable`1 changeSVal, Nullable`1 changeBVal)
at IconSetBuilder.IconSetBuilderNG.GetIconSetImage(String iconName)
at IconSetBuilder.IconSetBuilderNG.CreateIcon(String iconFile, Boolean showInPreview)
at IconSetBuilder.IconSetBuilderNG.CreatePreview()
at IconSetBuilder.IconSetBuilderNG.UpdatePreviewOnValueChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.OnValueChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)
at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.UpButton()
at System.Windows.Forms.UpDownBase.OnUpDown(Object source, UpDownEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.UpDownBase.UpDownButtons.OnUpDown(UpDownEventArgs upevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.UpDownBase.UpDownButtons.BeginButtonPress(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.UpDownBase.UpDownButtons.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4952 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
IconSetBuilder
Assembly Version: 1.1.4668.343
Win32 Version: 1.1.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/IconSetBuilderNG/IconSetBuilder.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
DevExpress.Utils.v12.1
Assembly Version: 12.1.7.0
Win32 Version: 12.1.7.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/IconSetBuilderNG/DevExpress.Utils.v12.1.DLL
DevExpress.Data.v12.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/IconSetBuilderNG/DevExpress.Data.v12.1.DLL
DevExpress.XtraEditors.v12.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/IconSetBuilderNG/DevExpress.XtraEditors.v12.1.DLL
DevExpress.XtraBars.v12.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/IconSetBuilderNG/DevExpress.XtraBars.v12.1.DLL
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.4926 built by: NetFXw7
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

And if I try to take the Fade above 48 I get:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: Value of '261' is not valid for 'alpha'. 'alpha' should be greater than or equal to 0 and less than or equal to 255.
at System.Drawing.Color.CheckByte(Int32 value, String name)
at System.Drawing.Color.FromArgb(Int32 alpha, Int32 red, Int32 green, Int32 blue)
at IconSetBuilder.IconSetBuilderShared.FadeImage(Bitmap imgOrig, Boolean fadeH, Boolean fadeV, Int32 fadeXPos, Int32 fadeYPos, Nullable`1 fadeSize, Nullable`1 baseAlpha)
at IconSetBuilder.IconSetBuilderShared.MirrorImage(Bitmap imgOrig, Boolean mirrorX, Boolean mirrorY, Nullable`1 fadeOffset, Nullable`1 fadeSize, Nullable`1 baseAlpha)
at IconSetBuilder.IconSetBuilderShared.MirrorImage(Bitmap imgOrig, Boolean mirrorX, Boolean mirrorY, Boolean axisHorizontal, Int32 axis, Boolean cropAtAxis, Int32 offsetX, Int32 offsetY, Nullable`1 baseAlpha, Nullable`1 fadeSize, Nullable`1 changeSVal, Nullable`1 changeBVal)
at IconSetBuilder.IconSetBuilderNG.GetIconSetImage(String iconName)
at IconSetBuilder.IconSetBuilderNG.CreateIcon(String iconFile, Boolean showInPreview)
at IconSetBuilder.IconSetBuilderNG.CreatePreview()
at IconSetBuilder.IconSetBuilderNG.UpdatePreviewOnValueChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.OnValueChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)
at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.UpButton()
at System.Windows.Forms.UpDownBase.OnUpDown(Object source, UpDownEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.UpDownBase.UpDownButtons.OnUpDown(UpDownEventArgs upevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.UpDownBase.UpDownButtons.BeginButtonPress(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.UpDownBase.UpDownButtons.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4952 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
IconSetBuilder
Assembly Version: 1.1.4668.343
Win32 Version: 1.1.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/IconSetBuilderNG/IconSetBuilder.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
DevExpress.Utils.v12.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/IconSetBuilderNG/DevExpress.Utils.v12.1.DLL
DevExpress.Data.v12.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/IconSetBuilderNG/DevExpress.Data.v12.1.DLL
DevExpress.XtraEditors.v12.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/IconSetBuilderNG/DevExpress.XtraEditors.v12.1.DLL
DevExpress.XtraBars.v12.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/IconSetBuilderNG/DevExpress.XtraBars.v12.1.DLL
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.4926 built by: NetFXw7
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I just need to quit messing with Text icons I think :)

Last edited:

NachoB

Mar 16, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
OnePlus 9 Pro
Here's a log file while I was just messing around to get it to generate errors.

I can't get the sizing to play nicely for me either with 2-line layout. But I know that's a tough one to program for.

Attachments

• 20121016_110534_LogFile.txt
    404.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Want to create your own icon sets based on an existing one?
    Tired of manually having to apply all necessary steps per icon?

Well... maybe this little tool can help you:

Icon Set-Builder v1.x

:: Introduction ::
    Lately I saw an icon style I'd liked and wanted to recreate it using Android ICS icons as base.
    Using Paint.NET I could create my template and do so... but since Paint.NET does not support scripting, I had to do everything (resizing, changing color and transparency, applying as alpha mask to my template, etc) again and again for about 200 times.
    Being a .NET developer, I thought "Why not write a little script to do that treadmill work for me?".
    Well, finally it grew into this "Icon Set-Builder" tool.

:: Screenshots ::
    Here's one screenshot of the app, more are in the second post or here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/byzwc8u40kjuai0/xIQ72kDZBG

attachment.php

:: Features ::
    What can you do with it?
    Well, basically it works with several layers (template, icon, mask and overlay) for each you can apply a lot of adjustments.

The basic steps:
    • Choose a template and, if supported, a template style (i.e. several colors)
    • Choose your favorite icon set
    • Optionally, choose an alpha mask to be applied for each icon
    • Optionally, choose a matching overlay
    • Play around with the settings
    • Let the tool generate your icon set
    All changes you make are immediately applied to the previews, so you always know, what the result would look like.

Basic icon sets (ICS, Metro, PixelPerfect, iOS-like) and templates are included.
    Most templates i created myself myself, some are based on or inspired by other's ideas (see below).

But of course you are free and encouraged to create your own stuff and contribute!
    Well... that's what it's for, right?
    To easier bring your own ideas to live!

:: Download Location ::
    Versions 0.9.x as well as (maybe in time...) older versions can be found in this DropBox:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e837ronlu4k4roc/j_kuqNgUo0

Download of version 1.0.0 and later is available here:
    http://iconsetbuilder.echtzeitig.de

Direct links for latest version:

Some AddOns:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6edgq8hnvxkur5y/lBL0R4i8n2

Both a simply zipped version as well as an MSI-installer are available.
    The folder also contains a ZIP "IconSetBuilder_Samples.zip" containing some created samples.

The tool itself is only 160kB, but with base stuff it's about 9MB.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
    Using MSI-installer, v0.9.1 should no longer cause problems with Windows "User Access Control", since the installation folder changed.
    Also fixed a nasty bug with leftover debug-code which tried to save an intermediate image in "D:\Temp" and crashed if that folder was not available. SORRY!!!

Requirements: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or later, but I guess that's already installed nowadays on all Windows PCs.

:: Samples ::
    Sheets displaying a few icons of various styles can be found here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cugwu9xzh06riuh/ecqPW_CzTY

More samples as single PNG icons are here (no complete sets!!):
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tvvmptmz47rnq2e/RDL4p3oTFZ

:: Detailed Features ::

Template:
    • Choose a basic template
    • Some templates may offer styles, i.e. various colors
    • Templates may have matching default settings, which one can automatically load and apply
    • Adjust size, cropping and position
    • Modify colors: invert, greyscale, transparency

Icon Set:
    • Choose icon set
    • Choose style: overlay / blend with template / apply as alpha mask (i.e. to create a "cut-out" in the template)
    • Apply a shadow/glow effect
    • Rotate the icon
    • Add mirror effect on X- or Y-axis with adjustable axis-position
    • Choose all or just some icons you want to use

Textual Icons:
    • Choose a txt-file containing the texts for your icons in icon set-list
    • Choose your favorite font from system or custom folder
    • Change the fonts size and style
    • Change color and transparency for the text
    • Choose alignment (top/middle/bottom, left/center/right)
    • Choose wether text should wrap on blanks and/or shrink to fit inside the available space
    • Use all basic effects mentioned above for further modifications

Alpha Mask:
    • If you wish, you can apply an alpha mask to the icon
    • This allows i.e. to cut off parts

Overlay:
    • If you wish, choose an overlay
    • Choose style: overlay / blend with template / apply as alpha mask

Preview:
    • Save currently shown icon as single file (without generating complete set)
    • Open a preview window which "simulates" a phone's screen
    • Choose between different backgrounds to see what it looks like
    • Layouts from 3x3 to 5x6, plus dock

Create:
    • Choose the output size of the icon, from 8x8 to 256x256 everything is possible
    • Give your icon set a name (will be used as folder name)
    • If the folder exists, you can let the tool automatically create a new one (i.e. "My Set (001)") or use the existing output folder
    • If an existing folder contains icons, you can let the tool delete all of them before generating the new set
    • Optionally save your settings for later reuse
    • Press "Generate" and watch it do it's work

The tool works pretty fast. Some effects (shadow basically) may take a little longer. But overall it takes less than or only a little longer than a second per icon.

:: Thanks and Mentions ::
    I would like to thank the following guys for their great work and inspiration.
    Their ideas and work are the fundament the tools is build upon.
    Some elements I reused as templates or basics, I hope they don't mind (will inform them soon and will remove from tool if necessary).

NiteOwl360
    • for the great "Semi Sense" icons I cut and spliced and re-implemented as template
    BlackBearBlanc
    • for his awesome minimalistic ICS-based icon sets, which I included honorably as templates
    • for his work on the ICS- and additional icons included as base in some of his set (BTW: some needed optimization; I did so *g*)
    rawdealer
    • for his "PixelPerfect" icon set, great minimal basic set; I took the liberty to also include them
    P_C
    • for his "3C" icon set, great minimal basic set; I took the liberty to also include them
    Unknown guys:
    • the various Suave icons I included
    • the various other iOS-like icons I included
    • various creators of Metro-styled icons (I don't quite remember which one I used for creating my basic set, SORRY!!!)
    Samples

Some samples, more attached:

Eclipse Rounded Square:
    attachment.php

Roostilabel'd Metro:
    attachment.php

Semi Sense'd:
    attachment.php

Sketch (Chalkboard)
    attachment.php

Wooden Plate
    attachment.php

Colored Tiles
    attachment.php

"3C" in 3D
    attachment.php

More samples of V1.0.0 in this posting.
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=31505848&postcount=123
    Version 1.1.0:
    • Greatly optimized performance for many functions, average 30-40% faster now
    • Label-over-Icon with seperate "Shadow" settings
    • Mirror: Optimized and enhanced, more options
    • "Open folder"-buttons to easily open folders (i.e. containing Exports) in Explorers

Details here.

Version 1.0.2:
    • NEW: Textual Icons: change texts case to lower case, UPPER CASE or Title Case
    • NEW: Textual Icons: "wrap" and "shrink" for 2-line-text-icons
    • NEW: Textual Icons: rewritten 2-line-text-icons functions
    • FIXED: Rotation of final icons sometimes resulted in not properly sized icons (i.e. 128x124 instead of square 128x128)

Version 1.0.1:
    Added "Brightness to Alpha": Create single color icons with the original icons' brightness used as transparency value. More in this posting.

Version 1.0.0:
    New stuff:
    • App Settings: Some settings are now stored in a config-file, like chosen Visual Style, Preview Device or Author Name
    • Continue session: When closing Icon Set-Builder, this current settings are automatically saved, so next time you start the tool, you are asked wether you want to load the settings and continue your work.
    • Add to queue: If you want to create multiple icon sets (different, slightly changed or whatever), you may queue the generating and finally start processing all queued sets at once.
    • Import/Export: FINALLY the long awaited feature to export your creation to a ZIP file and of course import ones from others is available!
    • Overlays now also have "Hue/Satuation/Lightness" settings like templates.
    • FEATURE: Download from Web
    • FEATURE: Import/Export
    • FEATURE: "Devices" in Simulation
    • FEATURE: Levels and Gamma
    • FEATURE: Label Over Icon
    • FEATURE: Tool "Extract from Titanium Backup"
    • FEATURE: "Save settings as default"
    • FEATURE: "Process Queue"
    • FEATURE: Random items

Detailed descriptions in this post and following.

Improved:
    • Speed: At various places I could improve the speed a lot.
    • Rotation: Rotating had some issues, didn't work correctly sometimes, or left too large margins.

Version 0.9.9a:
    Hotfix for invalid file name when trying to generate a 2-line styled textual icon set (TAB contained in file name - DUH!!)

Version 0.9.9:
    Interims release with just 2 new enhancements/features:
    • "Fade Out" with adjustable width in "Mirror" function; can be used for mirror reflection also, just set the "axis" appropriately
    • "2 Line Text Icons": allows to create textual icons with two lines that can be configured seperatly (font, size, color)
      • Items in TXT-file for icons must contain both lines' texts seperated by TAB-character (i.e. "Read[TAB]Mails")
      • Enable in "Textual Icons" tab and configure

Version 0.9.8:
    Lots of new functions and effects:
    • Use icon as Mask
    • Colorize icon
    • Colorize template
    • FX: Random Hue Shift
    • FX: Apply Texture
    • FX: Pseudo 3D

In-detail descriptions in this and the next postings:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=30344572#post30344503

Many samples (not complete sets!) you can find here in the DropBox (previews and zips):
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/udpmii8763x7zs0/lXfLC3fcfg

Version 0.9.7:
    Minor changes.
    • HSB color functions are now also available for template
    • Moved "Generate" parts (output size, icon set name, buttons) from tab to main window area

Version 0.9.6b:
    In version 0.9.6 MSI and ZIPs one DevExpress DLL was missing, app didn't even start, SORRY for that!
    Uploaded 0.9.6b with included missing file, should work now properly.

Version 0.9.6:
    • Added "Random Rotation" as finalize function
    • Added "Crop to icon size" as finalize function
    • ...plus all from 0.9.5pre2
    Read more here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=29991028&postcount=47

Version 0.9.5pre2:
    Preview version only right now, not released yet!!!
    • Reworking UI in progress
    • New effect "Pixelation"
    • New effect "Color Accent" with three modes and adjustable width of accent
      • Color Accent: only accent chosen color
      • Primary Color: finds primary color in icon and accentuates that color
      • Replace Primary Color: finds primary color, but uses chosen color for accentuation
    • New adjustments "HSL":
      • Shift HUE in color wheel, i.e. red becomes blue etc
      • Adjust SATURATION (boost or dim color strength)
      • Adjust BRIGHTNESS, make colors brighter or darker

attachment.php

Version 0.9.3:
    Only added functionality to save currently shown icon as single file (without generating complete set).

Version 0.9.2:

Added "Simulation Preview":
    • Open a preview window which "simulates" a phone's screen
    • Choose between different backgrounds to see what it looks like
    • Layouts from 3x3 to 5x6, plus dock
    attachment.php

Version 0.9.1:

SORRY the first version caused problems. Didn't take Windows Vista/7 UAC into account. Also there was a stupid DEBUG-code left over, which tried to save an intermediate file into "D:\Temp", but crashed if that path didn't exist. That and hopefully missing rights related problems are fixed now. For MSI please try 0.9.1, it uses a different (per user) install folder, so UAC should be history now. Uninstall 0.9.0 before.
    Version 1.1.0

New version 1.1.0

Performance:
    Greatly optimized performance for many functions, average 30-40% faster now. All functions working per-pixel now are much faster, since I'm now working directly with the underlying bits and bytes of each (LockBits) pixel instead of using the slooow GetPixel-/SetPixel-functions.

Label-over-Icon with Shadow
    Label-over-Icon now has it's own "Shadow" settings independent from the icon.

Mirror
    "Mirror" is now in "Icon FX", now called "Mirror / Reflection", and has many more options. Basically I was inspired once more by a screenshot by BlackBearBlanc with ICS-icons with reflection: the reflection is semi-transparent and is moved by an offset up and a bit to the right. Now you can, too, easily -- and also change the transparency ("Alpha"), saturation and brightness (luminance).

"Open folder"-buttons
    Easily open folders (i.e. containing Exports) in Explorers by simply clicking on the big button "Open folder in Explorer" in tab "Tools", or "Open output folder".

Logging
    Under "About" you might enable logging to help me out in case you find some functions working slowly.

Download items
    Loading preview is now running asynchronous, speeded up launch of the dialog.

>> Download available from here. <<
    Lala v2

Will your program work with this icon set: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1702688
    Would be a great way to help it get rounded out more quickly.

It's done, created assets for Icon Set-Builder from Lala V2-PSD-template. You need high resolution icons, but it works pretty well.

BUT: Not only did I port the template, I also added a LOT of different backgrounds for the basic icon. This opens a lot of new possibilities, i.e. to create icons like wooden block with ICS icons.

Here are some screenshots and samples:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1f6ys481qoaxdks/CmXHR4I1m2

You can download the "Lala V2"-assets here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6edgq8hnvxkur5y/lBL0R4i8n2

It's two ZIPs, one for 128x128 icons, one for 256x256 ones.

You must unzip the ZIPs into the Icon Set-Builder-tools "Assets"-folder (i.e. located at "c:\Users\{User}\AppData\Roaming\Icon Set-Builder\Assets\" if installed using the MSI).

After that it's listed in "Templates" and also applies default settings.

Enjoy!

EDIT: Fixed ZIPs, unzip into "Assets" didn't work, accidently there was an additional subfolder in the ZIP. Now it works.