[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][mido][10] LineageOS 17.0

Search This thread

GiaSen

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot
Downloads :

Bugs:
- Cast/Miracast
- FPC fingerprint dead after a reboot
- Goodix fingerprint fully dead
- VoLTE working on Jio, not working on airtel

Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
 restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][mido][10] LineageOS 17.0, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

Contributors
GiaSen, DD3Boh, Lucchetto00
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 1.1
Beta Release Date: 2019-09-22

Created 2019-09-22
Last Updated 2019-10-05

Last edited:

SkyeJace

Nov 12, 2017
Awesome work devs, everything I need works perfectly. Can't believe the smoothness for an early build. Hope FPS will be fixed soon :cowboy:

Reactions: panagiotis

GreatCaesar

Jan 30, 2013
Another mirror would be nice! Thanks dev for your work, it's really awesome that you made this.

EDIT: Actually to bypass this, just save the file to your drive then hit Make a Copy then download the copy.

EDIT 2: Flashed. I did a reboot after the initial boot since that cleared up a lot of errors. Some things I noticed:

Back gesture does not work.
I don't see the option to add the fingerprint. I read the OP so I know its partially working, but did not think it was completely removed.
No option to chose a different accent color other than the default.

All of that said, insane how well this first build runs. Remarkable work dev

Last edited:

jdstrydom

Jan 14, 2009
Mossel Bay
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
GPS Fix / Accuracy issue

Hi; Lineage17, bitgappsv6 - anyone having GPS fix/accuracy issues? All permissions were granted to apps, but unable to get proper GPS location fix; tried with a few apps. Satellites seems to be seen, but location not - currently not sure whether it is gapps related, ROM, some other permission or just my phone. Will someone be so kind as to test? attached is screenshot from gps test

Attachments

• gps.jpg
    gps.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 3,912

joselap

Oct 20, 2014
Hi; Lineage17, bitgappsv6 - anyone having GPS fix/accuracy issues? All permissions were granted to apps, but unable to get proper GPS location fix; tried with a few apps. Satellites seems to be seen, but location not - currently not sure whether it is gapps related, ROM, some other permission or just my phone. Will someone be so kind as to test? attached is screenshot from gps test

Gps is fixed and working fine for me. With gps locker: inview-31, in use: 12. fixed 4 seconds....

Reactions: jdstrydom

jdstrydom

Jan 14, 2009
Mossel Bay
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
Gps is fixed and working fine for me. With gps locker: inview-31, in use: 12. fixed 4 seconds....

Tried with GPS Unlocker now (attached)
in-view 14
in use 0
not fixing

which makes me think this is some kind of permission problem on my side. My installation process with installation was:

1. Reboot to TWRP & wipe system, vendor (vendor is included in LOS17), data, cache, dalvik & cache
2. Flash Lineageos 17.0 20190922
3. Flash BitGAPPS Beta 6 (latest)
4. Flash Magisk 19.5 (as instructed)
5. Reboot & setup gmail account etc.

Did you do anything different from what I did above?
Thanks for testing

EDIT: The issue was resolved. I had the weekly chinese firmware flashed to my phone for a previous ROM. After I reflashed V10.2.3.0 (Global) firmware, and rebooted; GPS came right for me, and fixing fast.

Attachments

• gps2.jpg
    gps2.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 1,572
Last edited:

C-Ph87

Nov 13, 2015
Is it possible to use virtual navbar (and disable HW keys) on this build?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :

Bugs:
    - Cast/Miracast
    - FPC fingerprint dead after a reboot
    - Goodix fingerprint fully dead
    - VoLTE working on Jio, not working on airtel

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][mido][10] LineageOS 17.0, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

Contributors
    GiaSen, DD3Boh, Lucchetto00
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 1.1
    Beta Release Date: 2019-09-22

Created 2019-09-22
    Last Updated 2019-10-05
    We need the basic stuff fixed first before "performance improvements". Bluetooth calls and fingerprint reader, come on!!

It's open source so feel free to fix it. If you can't then shut up and let the smarter people work and fix whatever they want first. (if anything)
    Nobody here is to please, serve or take requests from some random plebs. (especially not developers)
    This is not facebook or your personal forum, you can take your attitude back to wherever you came from.
    05/10 Update Lineage 17 for mido

Changelog:
    - Lineage upstreams
    - Kernel based on 10
    - Performance improvements
    - Encryption fixed thanks to scissorsdragonboy

To enable navbar/gestures use settings

Download Link in First Post
    Lineage17 updated
    27/10 build
    Download Link: https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1Fr914YU8yXks6paaS-sGtm7jwHqoZFUR&export=download

- Tons of Lineage upstreams
    - Kernel based on 10
    - VoLTE improved thanks to sagarrokade006
    - RIL, media and graphics blobs updated to Q from CAF (more blobs soon)
    - Performance improvements (new power HAL 1.2)

Bugs:
    - Goodix FP is fully dead

Notes:
    - FPC dead after a reboot, first boot needs a settings fc to let it work
    - VoLTE works
    - To enable navbar/gestures use settings