[Tweak/App] Disabling HTC Messaging in manila 2.5 (version 1.2 Updated on 29th Sep)

Search This thread

eddyve

Mar 11, 2004
New version 2014

Guys,

I installed the new htc messaging client 2014 on my Blakcstone (Touch HD) and with approx. 300 sms on my system and it works very normal, not slower than before without HTC messaging. Before a next upgrade I will restore all my sms (more than 1200) to see if the speed is still the same.
One remark. The first time after I restored my messages with Pimbackup it took some time to rebuild the conversations, but after that everything works normal.

xborfi

May 10, 2008
i install this on every rom but I lost green notification bubble counter :( ANY FIX please?

perern

Feb 15, 2009
Matrand
work (not)

i get a old style without threading. it looks like the mail app.
on new message i can type from: and to:

Paitor

Apr 20, 2007
Gothenburg
Is there any other good sms app that you can use iwth threaded sms? Right now I use Itjes latest rom and wants to throw my phone in the wall every time I make the misstake to open the keyboard while in a threaded sms conversation (The phone hangs for approx 40-70 seconds, if it will start to respond at all) . I have tried to keep them to a minimum, but it's not hard to get 200 sms a mounth with a popular contact.

dardasatla

Oct 4, 2008
unread sms

hi installed the 1.2 cab
and it worked great for me but, after i get an sms and i read it it's still show that it's an unread sms
i get the led flashing and the bubble with the number of unread sms.
there is a way to fix it?

and what about mms? how do i send them?

thx.

Sprudeldudel

Mar 30, 2008
sorry for posting me2, but: me2

I have a HTC HD2. After reading SMS, the bubble counter is not reset and the "unrread" indicator remains. Otherwise it works fine, love it.

Is anyone still working on this issue?

rocklovelive

Apr 3, 2009
Tried reading through, and I found my question but no answer.

I've installed this cab file because my messaging gets laggy as hell. BUT I still want threaded messages. Anyway to do this?

Using grzegorz10 Dusk-Ultimate v5.10 on a touch HD.

Thanks!

dardasatla

Oct 4, 2008
i mange to fix the unread bubble in the message tab and the flashing led after reading incoming message by installing Zenyee Disable HTC Messaging 1.2.CAB and then the MMS_Fix_(M2.5)_(General)_(Valkyrie).cab from here
and then again the Zenyee disable htc messaging 1.2.cab

but......
everything is going great expet when someone sending me an sms i dont get the sms untill i open the screen, if the screen is closed and lock by wm screenlock the sms dont arrive untill im open the screen.
any idea ??

Niels-je

Jun 7, 2007
Thank you for this great tweak. Ia m now on PDAViet V64 now and it works perfect. However, I have a question. When I open a contact, I could click on "send Message", then it opened sms with the number (name) already in the "To" line. This doesn't work anymore. Dialing from a contact card still works. I guess it must be that the HTC software in interfering. Nevertheles, am I the only one? Is a solution available?

yes the send message from the contact will not work. It's due to a service I've disabled, and if I don't disable it, you'll not be able to send the SMS from the winmo app, so it's a catch 22 situation. I'm trying to work on a fix for that, but it's going to be tough.

I encountered exactly the same. Pretty annoying to me :(
Any news on a fix for this problem?

jo_iii

Nov 4, 2007
Thanks! I really NEEDED this! Works with my HD2 (HTC_Leo), albeit I have to make a shortcut to tmail.exe on my start menu afterwards. :p I didn't try opening tmail.exe directly before installing this, so I'm not sure if installing this made a difference.

Either way, I installed it, and it works, and it didn't mess up my phone.

Details:
HTC_Leo "HD2" T-Mobile US
*Stock Firmware:
ROM 2.13.531.1 (90963) WWE
Radio 2.10.50.26
Manila 2.5.2012142.2

xborfi

May 10, 2008
i mange to fix the unread bubble in the message tab and the flashing led after reading incoming message by installing Zenyee Disable HTC Messaging 1.2.CAB and then the MMS_Fix_(M2.5)_(General)_(Valkyrie).cab from here
and then again the Zenyee disable htc messaging 1.2.cab

but......
everything is going great expet when someone sending me an sms i dont get the sms untill i open the screen, if the screen is closed and lock by wm screenlock the sms dont arrive untill im open the screen.
any idea ??

Great achievement!

spawn4ever

May 18, 2010
hello!

i use dutty holy grail r7.1...
i want to disable htc messaging...

so i installed zenyee diable htc messaging 1.2.cab...

but if i start messages (in start-folder) htc messaging starting...

can anybody help me?

htc messaging is very slow on my touch diamond 2....

i only have about 600-800 messages...

how can i disable the htc messaging... or how can i find the original sms client in this rom?

thx
spawn4ever

nixfile

Oct 20, 2009
Unread Bubble not disappearing when SMS is read

Hi guys,

zenkinz, thanks!

Great tool to get rid of the very slow HTC messaging.

I have installed it to my TD2 with Manilla 2.5.2012. Everything exactly according to instructions listed in the first post.

HOWEVER!

the green unread bubbles don't get off the task bar in 100% of the cases. And it's really annoying to soft-reset each time I receive SMS.

Is there any way to solve this? :confused: