[APP] vvm7 - Visual Voice Mail [U] 16/6/11 [V] 1.8 !! T-MOBILE/Orange/SFR Ok)

Search This thread

TheBeO

Mar 12, 2006
[APP] vvm7 - Visual Voice Mail [R] 04/19/11 16/06/11 [V] 1.8 (Orange/SFR/T-Mobile ok)

EDIT 6/6/11 with 1.7: now with T-MOBILE USA compatibility !!!! read after :D
Thanks thesecondsfade for huge testing

Hi @ll,

here is my new contribution to the WP7 world

1. Title : VVM7 - a Visual Voice Mail

2. What it is for?
This app lets you get, listen, and manage your voice mail in a visual app (instead of calling your voice mail number).

You must know that kind of app if you already owned an iPhone, or Android, depending of course of your mobile operator.

3. Why homebrew?
Homebrew because currently the WP7 SDK doesn't allow to use some functions (the most important for my app is socket). So i use a hack (that can't pass certification marketplace), thanks to Jeremia Morrill

4. So what is inside?
For the moment, you can :
- get yours voice mails (and sync with the operator server)
- tap on a item to show details, and play button to listen
or
- double tap an item to automatically play the message
- delete a message
- call, send sms, save (to the calling number)

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
First, the setup:
- install the app
- go to settings, and put the server, port, login and password
- go to "Inbox", and clic the right button to refresh data

CURRENT STATUS:
Orange (France) :OK
SFR (France) : OK
T-MOBILE : OK
Sprint : tests in progress (I need Sprint server configuration. If you have any information, give us!)

CONFIGURATION:
In most of the cases, visual voice mail is an option in your mobile plan. You need some information to make my app works, with a simple SMS. Simply send a text (in CAPITAL letters) to a number and wait for the answer.
BUT the answer is class 0 sms, and it seems that WP7 doesn't show them. So :

1. Use an old phone, no smartphone (because iPhone, Android seem to hide the SMS too).

2. Depending of your operator (remove quotes and type the text in capital letters):
- ORANGE france: SMS with text "STATE" to 21101
- SFR france: SMS with text "TEST" to 8860
- T-MOBILE USA : SMS with text "Activate:dt=6" to 122. In app, for authentication mode, use DIGEST-MD
And write down login (param like user= ***** or u=******), the password (param like pw=******) and so on for server url and port (must be 143)

3. Launch vvm7 and go to settings, type what you've noted before. Go to mailbox and press the sync button (top right)

screenshot1b.png
screenshot2.png

Download xap here

CHANGELOG:
===========
v1.8 :
- multithreading optimizations
-NEW design for some parts (buttons, setting "window")
- a few optimizations
-NEW (trial) : WiFi detection and desactivation possibility. Sorry for now reactivating WiFi on quit doesn't work
-NEW : autosync option (so a sync process is launched at startup)
- 1 or 2 bugs fixed

v1.7:
- T-MOBILE USA compatibility !!!!!
- added authentication mode
- bugfix

v1.6:
- big network optimisation, sync is now very quick (a few secondes)
- rewrite of message core system (working on DIGEST-MD5 login)
- SFR is now working
- many bugs fixed
- and a lot more, check http://www.bebtech.fr/dev/wp7/projects/vvm7/xap/CHANGELOG.txt (in french only)

Last edited:
Reactions: purian23

TheBeO

Mar 12, 2006
Yes some help would be appreciate. You can easilly try the app, and report any problem.

If you can develop:

- I'm looking how to catch sms (class 0 or flashsms) to get parameters automatically, and check for new messages (the server send sms when a new message is available)
- I'm looking for multitask, so I can check for new messages in background

Last edited:

djcedric

Feb 23, 2008
geraardsbergen
Yes some help would be appreciate. You can easilly try the app, and report any problem.

If you can develop:

- I'm looking how to catch sms (class 0 or flashsms) to get parameters automatically, and check for new messages (the server send sms when a new message is available)
- I'm looking for multitask, so I can check for new messages in background

try to contact shapman for multitasking if you want some tips ;)

edit:eek:oops,forgot...thanks mate for this great application :)

TheBeO

Mar 12, 2006
It accesses your carrier's voicemail directly? IE: T-Mobile USA?

Whoa, this looks awesome. Great work. I'll be following your progress.

For now it works with Orange France, that's the only one operator that I know parameters.

If you can search for yours operator config, I will try to update my app, make change for it. Can you have a look and report here? thank you in advance.

@djcedric: yes that's a good idea, I will contact Julien ;-)

Last edited:

TheBeO

Mar 12, 2006
It accesses your carrier's voicemail directly? IE: T-Mobile USA?

can you try this? I found it with a google search on "T-Mible USA vvm server parameters"

1. To start, turn off Wi-Fi. You can only connect to the voicemail IMAP server over operator (3G, Edge, ...) connexion.
  2. Make sure you have the Visual Voicemail service activated on your account (go to http://m.web2go.com/dsb/vvmupsell from Safari)
  3. Send the following SMS message to the number "122": "Activate:dt=6" (without quotes)
  4. You will receive a response from "129" that looks like this: Code:
    //VVM:STATUS:st=R;srv=vvm.tmomail.net;ipt=143;u=##########@vms.eng.t-mobile.com;pw=#######;rc=0;lang=1|2|3|4;g_len=180;vs_len=10;pw_len=4-7
  5. Note your username (u=) and password (pw=), server (srv=) and port (ipt=)

But under WP7, that kind of sms are not shown, in my case. Please try with your phone and an old one if you have one (no iPhone nor Android, same case as WP7).

thesecondsfade

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime
can you try this? I found it with a google search on "T-Mible USA vvm server parameters"

1. To start, turn off Wi-Fi. You can only connect to the voicemail IMAP server over operator (3G, Edge, ...) connexion.
  2. Make sure you have the Visual Voicemail service activated on your account (go to http://m.web2go.com/dsb/vvmupsell from Safari)
  3. Send the following SMS message to the number "122": "Activate:dt=6" (without quotes)
  4. You will receive a response from "129" that looks like this: Code:
    //VVM:STATUS:st=R;srv=vvm.tmomail.net;ipt=143;u=##########@vms.eng.t-mobile.com;pw=#######;rc=0;lang=1|2|3|4;g_len=180;vs_len=10;pw_len=4-7
  5. Note your username (u=) and password (pw=), server (srv=) and port (ipt=)

But under WP7, that kind of sms are not shown, in my case. Please try with your phone and an old one if you have one (no iPhone nor Android, same case as WP7).

I don't get a text response after sending the Activate:dt=6 command to 122.

TheBeO

Mar 12, 2006
Ok but did you try on WP7 or an old phone? Moreover, I think visual voice mail is an option, so it depends of your operator. But in my case, if I don't have the option enabled, the sms response "tell" that service is unavailable.

thesecondsfade

Jul 30, 2009
It worked. Here is the response I got:
//VVM:STATUS:st=R;srv=vvm.tmomail.net;ipt=143;u=##########@vms.eng.t-mobile.com;pw=########;rc=0;lang=1|2|3|4;g_len=180;vs_len=10;pw_len=4-7@@@

After it says "Connexion au surveur", it says, 'Identification'... with a button "Annuler" (I assume this means 'cancel'). It hangs on 'Identification' and doesn't do anything unless I hit the Annuler button, in which case it just cancels out. I used 143 as the port. Maybe that was wrong.

Would it be possible to translate to English?

Last edited:

TheBeO

Mar 12, 2006
I will work on translation this week. Hope for a new version maybe on friday.

Port is good (you have ipt=143). Be sure to not have make on error with login and password (I think you have to take the whole words, so for login with u=xxxxxx@vms... the login box have to be set to xxx@vms...)
Moreover, with my operator, you can't access vvm server with wifi network. you HAVE to use cellular network (3G, Edge, ...), because there is restriction during authentification. please have a look too.

And because I'm using a hack to get access to socket in code, the update process is a little bit slow, be patient :)

thesecondsfade

Jul 30, 2009
I have the full phone number plus @vms.eng.t-mobile.com. I tried entering the password again, no luck. I even used NoDo's copy and paste to put the password in to make sure I didn't mistype it (the message from 129 showed up after putting my SIM back into my HD7).

It still hangs on "Identification" and won't get past it. I let it attempt to connect for about 10 minutes and still no luck. I also double checked my T-Mobile account to make sure Visual Voicemail was turned on and it is.

Wifi is off and I'm not connected to Zune. Are you on NoDo too? What are those two additional options on the Settings page?

Last edited:

TheBeO

Mar 12, 2006
Yes I'm on NoDo too. I've had a few debug messages, and I will release a debug test version for you (that is based on v1.0, I need to update the topic too). I'll try to upload my work today, or tomorrow

TheBeO

Mar 12, 2006
@thesecondsfade
ok here a special version. Not all translation done, but the most important (during transfert). On settings page, don't care about the first two, but look at "Debug Mode". It's true by default (and doesn't saved when you quit). If you let it on, you'll have many debug messages during refresh. Have a try and report me debug texts.

download here http://www.bebtech.fr/dev/wp7/projects/vvm7/xap/VVM7%201.1debug.xap

Reactions: purian23

thesecondsfade

Jul 30, 2009
Are you sure this is the right version? I don't see anything different in this version compared to the 0.7 version I have other than that there's a Beta message on the first start. There's no debug option and it doesn't look like any of it is translated to English like you said. Same issue and no debug messages as well. Just FYI.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [APP] vvm7 - Visual Voice Mail [R] 04/19/11 16/06/11 [V] 1.8 (Orange/SFR/T-Mobile ok)

EDIT 6/6/11 with 1.7: now with T-MOBILE USA compatibility !!!! read after :D
    Thanks thesecondsfade for huge testing

Hi @ll,

here is my new contribution to the WP7 world

1. Title : VVM7 - a Visual Voice Mail

2. What it is for?
    This app lets you get, listen, and manage your voice mail in a visual app (instead of calling your voice mail number).

You must know that kind of app if you already owned an iPhone, or Android, depending of course of your mobile operator.

3. Why homebrew?
    Homebrew because currently the WP7 SDK doesn't allow to use some functions (the most important for my app is socket). So i use a hack (that can't pass certification marketplace), thanks to Jeremia Morrill

4. So what is inside?
    For the moment, you can :
    - get yours voice mails (and sync with the operator server)
    - tap on a item to show details, and play button to listen
    or
    - double tap an item to automatically play the message
    - delete a message
    - call, send sms, save (to the calling number)

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
    First, the setup:
    - install the app
    - go to settings, and put the server, port, login and password
    - go to "Inbox", and clic the right button to refresh data

CURRENT STATUS:
    Orange (France) :OK
    SFR (France) : OK
    T-MOBILE : OK
    Sprint : tests in progress (I need Sprint server configuration. If you have any information, give us!)

CONFIGURATION:
    In most of the cases, visual voice mail is an option in your mobile plan. You need some information to make my app works, with a simple SMS. Simply send a text (in CAPITAL letters) to a number and wait for the answer.
    BUT the answer is class 0 sms, and it seems that WP7 doesn't show them. So :

1. Use an old phone, no smartphone (because iPhone, Android seem to hide the SMS too).

2. Depending of your operator (remove quotes and type the text in capital letters):
    - ORANGE france: SMS with text "STATE" to 21101
    - SFR france: SMS with text "TEST" to 8860
    - T-MOBILE USA : SMS with text "Activate:dt=6" to 122. In app, for authentication mode, use DIGEST-MD
    And write down login (param like user= ***** or u=******), the password (param like pw=******) and so on for server url and port (must be 143)

3. Launch vvm7 and go to settings, type what you've noted before. Go to mailbox and press the sync button (top right)

screenshot1b.png
    screenshot2.png

Download xap here

CHANGELOG:
    ===========
    v1.8 :
    - multithreading optimizations
    -NEW design for some parts (buttons, setting "window")
    - a few optimizations
    -NEW (trial) : WiFi detection and desactivation possibility. Sorry for now reactivating WiFi on quit doesn't work
    -NEW : autosync option (so a sync process is launched at startup)
    - 1 or 2 bugs fixed

v1.7:
    - T-MOBILE USA compatibility !!!!!
    - added authentication mode
    - bugfix

v1.6:
    - big network optimisation, sync is now very quick (a few secondes)
    - rewrite of message core system (working on DIGEST-MD5 login)
    - SFR is now working
    - many bugs fixed
    - and a lot more, check http://www.bebtech.fr/dev/wp7/projects/vvm7/xap/CHANGELOG.txt (in french only)
    @thesecondsfade
    ok here a special version. Not all translation done, but the most important (during transfert). On settings page, don't care about the first two, but look at "Debug Mode". It's true by default (and doesn't saved when you quit). If you let it on, you'll have many debug messages during refresh. Have a try and report me debug texts.

download here http://www.bebtech.fr/dev/wp7/projects/vvm7/xap/VVM7%201.1debug.xap
    damn really sorry, I think I compiled in debug mode but upload release !

So here is the good version, I've translated page title (messagerie->mailbox, paramètres->settings, ...)

Let me know

http://www.bebtech.fr/dev/wp7/projects/vvm7/xap/VVM7_1.2debug.xap
    Ok if you put Debug Mode ON, you'll have many others messages, some are shown very quick. Can you check and report please?

@k_aftab: sorry, I've just make some searches, you're right. No VVM for orange UK:confused:

I'm not getting any debug messages at all. I tried turning off debugging, checked for messages, turned it back on, checked for messages, no debug messages at all.
    We will go on!

Here a new version. I've added debug data to be sent by mail. So let debug mode ON, start refresh and send me report (email will have my email adress an debug data).

http://www.bebtech.fr/dev/wp7/projects/vvm7/xap/VVM7_1.3debug.xap