Atrix vs Inspire 4g: Battery life and GPS test

Search This thread

m0biusace

May 16, 2006
I was studying for exams, so I decided to run some videos and do some GPS tests while I was studying on both phones at the same time.

Because the Atrix has a much brighter LCD screen, I had to set the Inspire at a higher brightness than the Atrix during some of these tests so the brightness level would match up.

Also, the atrix was running Aura 1.1.3, OCed to 1.1ghz.

1 hour youtube vid

Inspire 4G - 2/3 brightness.
Airplane Mode, WIFI enabled
Start: 100%
End: 79%
Consumption: 21%
estimated life: 4hr 46min

Atrix 4G - 1/3 brightness.
Cell Radio enabled, 3G data disabled (I needed to take calls), WIFI enabled
End: 85%
Consumption: 15%
estimated life: 6hr 40min!!

Pretty good! Our Atrix has about 42% greater battery life compared to the inspire at similar brightness levels, set for a well lit office setting. Lets crank up the brightness a bit, as if we were outside in the shade...

1 hour youtube vid

Inspire 4G - 100% brightness
Start: 78%
End: 47%
Consumption: 31%
Estimated life: 3hr 13min

Atrix 4G - 2/3 brightness
Cell Radio enabled, 3G data disabled, WIFI enabled
Start: 85%
End: 67%
Consumption: 18%
estimated life: 5hr 33min

Once again the Atrix proves itself. Battery life is 72% greater (!) on the Atrix at a brightness bright enough for the shade on a hot summer day.

Lets compare battery life when running the GPS:

40min GPS Test
(Running the App named GPS Test)
Airplane Mode on both phones
WIFI enabled and connected on both phones
Both phones at 100% brightness. As if you were geocaching!

Inspire 4G
Start: 42%
End: 22%
Consumption: 20%
Estimated Life: 3hr 20min

Atrix 4G
Start: 64%
End: 49%
Estimated Life: 4hr 26min

We can geocache for nearly four and a half hours at 100% brightness on the Atrix! Incredible!

So after 2 hours of watching videos over wifi, and 40 minutes of GPS use at 100% brightness, we still have just under 50% battery life left! You couldn't even use the inspire any more if you wanted to be able to take an important call! Incredible!

Also, take a look at the GPS reception of the Atrix compared to the Inspire. Both were sitting next to a window.

I3jK8.jpg

So yeah, our battery life is pretty good :p

Should I post this on the Inspire 4G forum? =D

Last edited:
Reactions: xploited

xploited

Feb 8, 2009
With the proper setup, Atrix GPS gets a lock in under 30 seconds - by far the best result I had on any Android phone.

Also, with proper setup and usage our Atrix has the best battery life.

With every phone I owned there were also countless complaints on the forums about how battery life sucks. And the truth is, it all depends on how you use it.
If you know what you are doing, you will have good battery life on any phone, and the best with Atrix.

:cool:

ThickG

Mar 13, 2011
With the proper setup, Atrix GPS gets a lock in under 30 seconds - by far the best result I had on any Android phone.

:cool:

Can you explain a bit more as to what the proper setup is? I seem to be having problems getting an accurate signal with my GPS and was wondering if there is something I could do to improve it....

Monsi

Aug 10, 2010
Añasco
Can you explain a bit more as to what the proper setup is? I seem to be having problems getting an accurate signal with my GPS and was wondering if there is something I could do to improve it....

Try that: Download GPS status & toolbox from market
wait till it load
pres menu buttom
tools
manage A-GPS calibration
press reset

That could work for you

Reactions: ThickG

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was studying for exams, so I decided to run some videos and do some GPS tests while I was studying on both phones at the same time.

Because the Atrix has a much brighter LCD screen, I had to set the Inspire at a higher brightness than the Atrix during some of these tests so the brightness level would match up.

Also, the atrix was running Aura 1.1.3, OCed to 1.1ghz.

1 hour youtube vid

Inspire 4G - 2/3 brightness.
    End: 79%
    Consumption: 21%
    estimated life: 4hr 46min

Atrix 4G - 1/3 brightness.
    Cell Radio enabled, 3G data disabled (I needed to take calls), WIFI enabled
    End: 85%
    estimated life: 6hr 40min!!

Pretty good! Our Atrix has about 42% greater battery life compared to the inspire at similar brightness levels, set for a well lit office setting. Lets crank up the brightness a bit, as if we were outside in the shade...

1 hour youtube vid

Inspire 4G - 100% brightness
    Start: 78%
    End: 47%
    Consumption: 31%
    Estimated life: 3hr 13min

Atrix 4G - 2/3 brightness
    Cell Radio enabled, 3G data disabled, WIFI enabled
    Start: 85%
    End: 67%
    Consumption: 18%
    estimated life: 5hr 33min

Once again the Atrix proves itself. Battery life is 72% greater (!) on the Atrix at a brightness bright enough for the shade on a hot summer day.

Lets compare battery life when running the GPS:

40min GPS Test
    (Running the App named GPS Test)
    Airplane Mode on both phones
    WIFI enabled and connected on both phones
    Both phones at 100% brightness. As if you were geocaching!

Inspire 4G
    Start: 42%
    End: 22%
    Consumption: 20%
    Estimated Life: 3hr 20min

Atrix 4G
    Start: 64%
    End: 49%
    Estimated Life: 4hr 26min

We can geocache for nearly four and a half hours at 100% brightness on the Atrix! Incredible!

So after 2 hours of watching videos over wifi, and 40 minutes of GPS use at 100% brightness, we still have just under 50% battery life left! You couldn't even use the inspire any more if you wanted to be able to take an important call! Incredible!

Also, take a look at the GPS reception of the Atrix compared to the Inspire. Both were sitting next to a window.

I3jK8.jpg

So yeah, our battery life is pretty good :p

Should I post this on the Inspire 4G forum? =D

Try that: Download GPS status & toolbox from market
    wait till it load
    pres menu buttom
    tools
    manage A-GPS calibration
    press reset

That could work for you