[Nov-04-16, 4.4.4, v1.8.0] LeapDroid - Fastest Android Emulator & Game Player for PC

Search This thread

huisinro

We just released a new build, version 1.1, the main feature is that now we translate all Android GLES calls into Windows DirectX calls. DirectX is much better implemented then OpenGL.
If somehow not working with this new mode, you can use this command to use the opengl mode:

LeapdroidVM.exe -vfiber -opengl -s vm1

Reactions: neu - smurph

ImageCraft

Jun 23, 2016
i just tried to install an apk by downloading it via leapdroid's browser and it said "can't open file" when the download have completed. i'm a little new to this adb install..how do i do it? @huisinro

leapdroid_suppport

Jun 27, 2016
I feel it a failure in download itself

i just tried to install an apk by downloading it via leapdroid's browser and it said "can't open file" when the download have completed. i'm a little new to this adb install..how do i do it? @huisinro

@ImageCraft From your description, you were downloading "inside" LeapdroidVM and trying to click (to install). If it said "can't open file", per my experience, there was something wrong with the downloading itself.
What we talked about "adb install" staffs are another approach. It means you will need to download from browser of your Windows system (be it IE or Chrome/Firefox/Safari - Safari has Windows version?? Anyway). Once downloaded, you can use <adb install "your downloaded APK path"> to push and install the APK to LeapdroidVM.
For exmaple, adb install "C:\Users\Tony\Downloads\HelloWorld.apk". The adb utility is located at the same folder of LeapdroidVM, which typically is C:\Program Files\Leapdroid\VM.

ImageCraft

Jun 23, 2016
@ImageCraft From your description, you were downloading "inside" LeapdroidVM and trying to click (to install). If it said "can't open file", per my experience, there was something wrong with the downloading itself.
What we talked about "adb install" staffs are another approach. It means you will need to download from browser of your Windows system (be it IE or Chrome/Firefox/Safari - Safari has Windows version?? Anyway). Once downloaded, you can use <adb install "your downloaded APK path"> to push and install the APK to LeapdroidVM.
For exmaple, adb install "C:\Users\Tony\Downloads\HelloWorld.apk". The adb utility is located at the same folder of LeapdroidVM, which typically is C:\Program Files\Leapdroid\VM.
below is what i'm getting while trying to adb install: [EDIT] thought that i have to stop it running to install and not the other way around, installed successfully.

Microsoft Windows [版本 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\SPeciaL>cd "\Program Files\Leapdroid\VM

C:\Program Files\Leapdroid\VM>adb install C:\Users\SPeciaL\Desktop\NEW-BlackOutU
pdater-v6.2.1.apk
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
error: device not found
- waiting for device -
rm failed for /data/local/tmp/NEW-BlackOutUpdater-v6.2.1.apk, No such file or di
rectory

C:\Program Files\Leapdroid\VM>adb install C:\Users\SPeciaL\Desktop\NEW-BlackOutU
pdater-v6.2.1.apk
12684 KB/s (5845834 bytes in 0.450s)
WARNING: linker: libdvm.so has text relocations. This is wasting memory and is a
security risk. Please fix.
Error: Could not access the Package Manager. Is the system running?

C:\Program Files\Leapdroid\VM>

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

not sure if this is the place to report broken app but swiftkey's virtual keyboard is incompatible with the newest version. whenever you bring the keyboard up it says "Unfortunately, Swiftkey Keyboard has stopped." The old version is fine.

Last edited:

leapdroid_suppport

Jun 27, 2016
Did you run other emulator simultaneously?

below is what i'm getting while trying to adb install: [EDIT] thought that i have to stop it running to install and not the other way around, installed successfully.

Microsoft Windows [版本 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\SPeciaL>cd "\Program Files\Leapdroid\VM

pdater-v6.2.1.apk
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
- waiting for device -
rm failed for /data/local/tmp/NEW-BlackOutUpdater-v6.2.1.apk, No such file or di
rectory

pdater-v6.2.1.apk
12684 KB/s (5845834 bytes in 0.450s)
WARNING: linker: libdvm.so has text relocations. This is wasting memory and is a
security risk. Please fix.
Error: Could not access the Package Manager. Is the system running?

@ImageCraft Did you happen to run other emulator at the same time? adb is an utility shipped by google. It could be used with other emulators. We met the situation that BlueStacks run in backgroud and grabbed the resource of adb.

Could you please post the log located at <Documents\Leapdroid\VMs\vm1\Logs>? The naming convention is that the bigger number the older log (by previous run).

Could you please share the APK download link so that we could have a try too?

ImageCraft

Jun 23, 2016
@ImageCraft Did you happen to run other emulator at the same time? adb is an utility shipped by google. It could be used with other emulators. We met the situation that BlueStacks run in backgroud and grabbed the resource of adb.

Could you please post the log located at <Documents\Leapdroid\VMs\vm1\Logs>? The naming convention is that the bigger number the older log (by previous run).

Could you please share the APK download link so that we could have a try too?

not sure which 1 is right so im uploading the newest 1

i'm also running memu, bluestacks uninstalled. im downloading the super swiftkey from this forum. it crashed whenever the virtual keyboard opens up as i mentioned above, i also tried the original swiftkey from google play store with the same result.

Attachments

• VBoxlog.rar
    113.3 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

leapdroid_suppport

Jun 27, 2016
Definitely OK for reporting imcompatibilities

i'm also running memu, bluestacks uninstalled. im downloading the super swiftkey from this forum. it crashed whenever the virtual keyboard opens up as i mentioned above, i also tried the original swiftkey from google play store with the same result.
@ImageCraft Could you please kindly let me know the output of "adb devices"?
If more than one device is shown, you will have to use "adb -s emulator-5554 install <APK>" to direct adb to the right location. Otherwise, I do not understand either the preferred choice of adb. :)
I tried SwiftKeyboard. Crashed. But at least it got installed and configured on our box.

-------------
The Directx-backed version we now shipped offers better performance. But now it cannot be compatible with APPs written to use GLESv1. We will look into the issues to determine the cause of the crash.

Last edited:

ImageCraft

Jun 23, 2016
@ImageCraft Could you please kindly let me know the output of "adb devices"?
If more than one device is shown, you will have to use "adb -s emulator-5554 install <APK>" to direct adb to the right location. Otherwise, I do not understand either the preferred choice of adb. :)
I tried SwiftKeyboard. Crashed. But at least it got installed and configured on our box.

i'm kind of noob so i think it might be better to continue this with pm or something. what do you mean by output of adb device? (i did successfully installed apk with adb install by doing it while running leapdroid). this might be my last reply for today as it's getting late here.

leapdroid_suppport

Jun 27, 2016
i'm kind of noob so i think it might be better to continue this with pm or something. what do you mean by output of adb device? (i did successfully installed apk with adb install by doing it while running leapdroid). this might be my last reply for today as it's getting late here.

@ImageCraft "adb devices" is a command. It shows you all the devices it can connect for you. We can use it to see if other emulators has also been there. Note: the command also shows real devices, such as a real android phone connected at USB port with debug privilege enabled.
Good night!
--------
We took a look at the log you attached. From the log, the adb support is successfully initialized. So the failure you experienced with previous "adb install" commands might be the case that adb command is directed to a running memu instance.

Last edited:

Skcyte

Jan 18, 2015
Semarang
Xiaomi Redmi 2
Xiaomi Mi Max
So I just downloaded and installed the new version. Before that you mentioned we have to uninstall first, and of course the data all deleted. And I just made a backup copy of the Leapdroid folder in the Documents. Can I just copy paste it so that I don't have to redownload all my apps again? Or there is another way to actually backup the apps and then restore it?

Edit: Just tried copy paste it, doesn't work that easly. It has something to do with the UUID or some kind registry thing. Since I'm not quite understand that, it seems I have to redownload again.

Last edited:

Skcyte

Jan 18, 2015
Semarang
Xiaomi Redmi 2
Xiaomi Mi Max
@Skcyte you can try to use your previous data.vmdk file

Tried copy paste data.vmdk only, it still get me the same result.

DZFwy78.png

I still don't know about the UUID stuff, tried checking the .xml file and doesn't find the number what's written in that error.
And the snapshot thing, I think because the newer version has the snapshot folder in it maybe that causing the problem? I'm not quite sure though. Or maybe I'm doing it wrong?

H

HyperLoop_WuWuWu

What type of Installer you used for your installing?

Tried copy paste data.vmdk only, it still get me the same result.

DZFwy78.png

I still don't know about the UUID stuff, tried checking the .xml file and doesn't find the number what's written in that error.
And the snapshot thing, I think because the newer version has the snapshot folder in it maybe that causing the problem? I'm not quite sure though. Or maybe I'm doing it wrong?

@Skcyte If you use MSI version of installer, you should not be able to replace the VMDKs as VMs are snapshot based. But you should be able to copy and paste when you use our exe installer.

iceman0826

Mar 13, 2013
Quezon City
@Skcyte no problem, we should have sync-ed them up. Will do that in next release, MSI and exe installers should yield same results.
I subscribed to this thread, seems this emulator is very promising. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Btw, do you have plans to use Lollipop (5.1.1) or Marshmallow (6.0.1) for your DirectX Leapdroid?

Once drag and drop Apk installation is supported or other easy methods to install apk's and transfer obb files inside the Leapdroid. I'll use this instead of MeMu

Sent from my SHV-E210S using XDA-Developers mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Nov-04-16, 4.4.4, v1.8.0] LeapDroid - Fastest Android Emulator & Game Player for PC

logo60.png
    #1 Android Emulator by Android Authority
    http://www.androidauthority.com/best-android-emulators-for-pc-655308/
    Leapdroid Game Player is the Fastest Android Emulator and Virtual Machine in the world
    I am one of the first few guys that released Android vm back in 2010, and now funded by VC, we have put together a very strong team to further develop and improve the vm into a robust product, called LeapDroid, our first version has just released: http://www.leapdroid.com
    With LeapDroid, you can play Android games or any other Android Apps on Windows PC, in a very fast way using our unique LeapGL and Virt Fiber I/O technologies. It is highly compatible with a lot of games, and we will support GLES v3 soon.

Updated on Nov-04-2016:
    We (the whole team) are joining Google, and LeapDroid development is discontinued. Thanks for all of you that have been using our Leapdroid emulator
    !

Updated on Sep-26-2016, version 1.8.0.0 released:
    (1) Improve APK installation, path with spaces is now supported
    (2) Fix Little Big City 2
    (3) Bug Fixes

GitHub tracking issues:
    https://github.com/leapdroid-team/leapdroid/issues/

Media Coverages:

http://www.androidauthority.com/leapdroid-review-703665/
    http://androidcommunity.com/leapdro...astest-android-emulator-for-your-pc-20160711/

Features:
    (1) Android 4.4.4 image
    (2) x86 and ARM apps support
    (3) GLES 1.1 and GLES 2.0 support
    (4) Windows Direct X engine, in addition to host OpenGL
    (4) Host IME support
    (5) Key mapping
    (6) text copy and paste between android and host
    (7) Drag and drop apk installation
    (8) GPS support & seamless Pokemon Go support
    (9) Rooted out of the box, and adb remount support
    and many more

Upcoming Features:
    (1) Copy/Paste files between android and Windows host
    (2) Camera
    (3) Non VT performance improvement
    (5) OBS Streaming
    (5) GLES v3 support
    (6) Android 6 Marshmallow

Performances (Leapdroid simply beats all competitors, period!):
    Comparison.png

A quick update on Pokemon GO 0.37, we made some progress, but will take more time. Stay tuned!
    We just released a new version, 1.2.0, please download from our website, and re-install it (you will have to uninstall the existing version first).

Changes:
    (1) Add APK drag and drop install
    (2) Add support for custom resolutions using -w -h options
    (3) Fixed Antutu crashes on some PCs
    (4) Fixed Keyboard input bugs, e.g., Backspace, Capital letters, that may cause unable to login to google play
    (5) Add support for fullscreen mode
    (6) Display resizeable handles
    (7) Add more languages to Android
    (8) Fix a bug that causes no mouse input
    (9) Fix a bug that causes black screens on 32-bit PC
    (10) Other bug fixes in installer, etc.
    Updated on Aug-05-2016, version 1.4.0.0 released:
    (1) Multi-language support for keyboard
    (2) Pokemon Go compatibility fix
    (3) Heroes of Incredible Tales(HIT) fix
    (4) Pick a game and we will install it for you, go to our website and see tabs[Apps]
    (5) other bug fixes

Now Leapdroid is the only emulator that is compatible with the latest 0.31 Pokemon Go version, and you can install the app genuinely from the Google Play store.
    Updated on Aug-24-2016, version 1.5.0.0 released:
    (1) Pokemon Go: Auto-walk and different speed
    (2) Pokemon Go: Auto-catch pokemon
    (3) Allow user to customize the installation folder
    (4) other bug fixes