[Announcement] MX Player officially gets AC-3 Audio Support

Search This thread

abhi212b

Feb 16, 2016
Noida
www.youtube.com
Nope! I don't know.. How u are playing it.. But I have tried many times.. Uninstalled, cleared data and uninstalled.. Downloaded again from play store.. From other sources so that i get the latest version.. But none of them plays ac3.. :/

Thirumalai.K

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Nope! I don't know.. How u are playing it.. But I have tried many times.. Uninstalled, cleared data and uninstalled.. Downloaded again from play store.. From other sources so that i get the latest version.. But none of them plays ac3.. :/

We are planning to rollout a quick update to fix the ac3 issues for those having issues in getting the configs from our servers.

Rolldog

Sep 4, 2013
Baton Rouge
Awesome! Dolby is similar to pharmaceutical companies. Now that their AC-3 patent has expired, they've already roped everyone in to use their Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos. Perfect timing. Worse is HEVC/H.265, a compression manufacturers decided to use for UHD(4k) video which royalties are 5x higher than the previous format, capped at $25 million vs $5 million. I don't understand this. If the industry would back VP9, Google's open source compression, we wouldn't have so many hands in the pie ultimately leading to all us consumers getting screwed, paying top dollar for a 4k TV, and only being able to access one UHD source. Sometimes I wish the patent laws were more lenient. At least with pharmaceuticals, generics start being produced within 5 years or less, but they can't capitalize the first letter of the generic drug name. Maybe soon we'll see atmos.

yomiguy

Nov 8, 2011
It's on sale on Google play! Run people run!

Enviado desde mi SM-N910F mediante Tapatalk

KeBoTx

May 3, 2017
Does the USA have access to this AC-3 update? I've installed MX Player on a new phone 2 days ago, and do not have AC-3 playback capabilities. I've seen screenshots of MX Player in the app store for other regions and it specifically states in the update notes about AC-3 support, but mine (USA) does not. I also notice that MX Player Pro is on sale in a lot of regions today, but it is still full price in the USA's Google Play store.

nyteryder79

Jun 10, 2012
Still cannot play AC3 on my Nexus Player with this new update and custom codecs no longer work either. This update sucks! Does your built-in AC3 support X86?

Schaefer_01

May 5, 2017
AC-3 and EAC-3 not working with MX Player Pro

MX Player team is very happy to announce that we are now adding “AC-3” audio support in our latest version of the app (i.e. MX Player v1.8.17 & MX Player Pro v1.8.16) in most of the regions.

If you have video files with “AC-3” audio, you can now play it without using any third-party / unofficial custom codecs…!

There are no extra efforts required on your end. Just relaunch the app again with working internet. Once, MX Player configuration is updated on your device, it will automatically start working again…!

I am very sorry but MX Player Pro (latest version) is still unable to play videos with AC-3 or EAC-3 with the build in standard codec. I have stopped the App, cleared the cache, deleted the whole App und reinstalled it. But no way to play that videos.
With custom codecs it is working, but sometimes i get other problems not with audio but with video (H265).
Is it right, that MX Player should play videos with AC-3 and also with EAC-3 out of the box in the future ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MX Player team is very happy to announce that we are now adding “AC-3” audio support in our latest version of the app (i.e. MX Player v1.8.17 & MX Player Pro v1.8.16) in most of the regions.

If you have video files with “AC-3” audio, you can now play it without using any third-party / unofficial custom codecs…!

There are no extra efforts required on your end. Just relaunch the app again with working internet. Once, MX Player configuration is updated on your device, it will automatically start working again…!
    When I read that the AC-3 patent expired, MX Player is the first project that came to mind that would benefit from it. I was pretty bummed out when they forced you guys to remove support for the codec, but I'm glad that it's not longer an issue.
    MX Player team is very happy to announce that we are now adding “AC-3” audio support in our latest version of the app

Please.. PLEASE.. Pleeeeease add ChromeCast support.. :fingers-crossed:
    ChromeCast & DTS are the only 2 things that are now missing from the already mammoth great MX Player.. :victory: :highfive:
    I also like to know if this is the case for DTS, too. Or do we still need the custom codec?

(btw. I'm in team Chromecast as well.)

For DTS, you still need a custom codec as it's copyrighted.
    Thank you very much