Search This thread

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2007
Lisbon
HTC One (M8)
Xiaomi Mi 5
logo-cid.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

GPL compliance:

Broken:
  • Nothing! :)

Working:
  • Everything except 'broken' stuff
    (see also second post for info on recurring questions)

425610842_171661_344213523048590188.jpg
425618330_173247_1805537988806187.jpg

Compatibility:
Compatible with all Xiaomi Mi 5 variants (32GB / 64GB / 128GB) only. Xiaomi Mi 5S and 5S Plus are not supported.
Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 6.0.1 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI 6.9.29 dev package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
  • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only CM kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
  • Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi 5 - Direct link)
  • Wipe /system, /data and /cache
  • Install CM package
  • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open Gapps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
Important note: Gapps can only be flashed on clean installs.

Credits & collaborations:
This work is due to efforts from Mi5Devs founding members (@h2o64 and me) that did the full device bring-up. Huge thanks to @deovferreira for all the help during the kernel bring-up after source code dropped.

Thanks also to @shade.sh for publishing early beta builds.

Finally, all CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:

Changelog:

XDA:DevDB Information
CyanogenMod 13.0, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 5

Contributors
bgcngm, Mi5Devs
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18.x
Based On: CM13.0

Version Information

Created 2016-09-08
Last Updated 2016-12-28

Last edited:

azazello22

Oct 11, 2014
I was trying to donate to you, but PayPal gives me error. I will try later. By the way thanks, really thanks.

sent from my Mi5

Mulham82

Sep 13, 2010
Guys .. What's the differences between this build and the previous build which is based on CM tree?!

Note, we hope to see from you port/different ROM soon.

Thanks.

andy356

Jul 5, 2016
@droid.riz Thanks for holding our hands up until this moment. Mi5 wouldn't have been as smooth an experience if not for you. Except for crappy speeds by BSNL, which you're not responsible for anyway... Cheers!

andy356

Jul 5, 2016
No no. :p
@bgcngm You're the one who's holding the entire fort together. Maintaining the device tree AND building TWRP for a closed kernel device? Kudos to you, man. I was just glad that the RR ROM helped bridge the gap between buying the device and having official custom ROMs. Because there was no way in hell I'd have stayed with the Chinese MIUI. (Shudders)

andy356

Jul 5, 2016
@bgcngm Absolutely. There's no custom ROM without the device tree. :good:

Hey man, sorry if I offended you...

Last edited:

xpdev

Oct 9, 2012
Teramo
This is a great day bgcngm, thank you again.

PS
I don't see "capacitive home button" between broken things.....

4Style

Feb 15, 2014
AC
Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite
Xiaomi Poco F3
@bgcngm See my question about kernel sources and overclocking was not that dumb as it turned out ;) ^^
Anyway huge thanks to bgcngm and shade for making this device even better than it hopefully will be (yes I informed me about costum roms before i bought the phone :p ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo-cid.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

GPL compliance:

Broken:
    • Nothing! :)

Working:
    • Everything except 'broken' stuff
      (see also second post for info on recurring questions)

425610842_171661_344213523048590188.jpg
    425618330_173247_1805537988806187.jpg

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Mi 5 variants (32GB / 64GB / 128GB) only. Xiaomi Mi 5S and 5S Plus are not supported.
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 6.0.1 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI 6.9.29 dev package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only CM kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi 5 - Direct link)
    • Wipe /system, /data and /cache
    • Install CM package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open Gapps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
    Important note: Gapps can only be flashed on clean installs.

Credits & collaborations:
    This work is due to efforts from Mi5Devs founding members (@h2o64 and me) that did the full device bring-up. Huge thanks to @deovferreira for all the help during the kernel bring-up after source code dropped.

Thanks also to @shade.sh for publishing early beta builds.

Finally, all CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:

Changelog:

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 13.0, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 5

Contributors
    bgcngm, Mi5Devs
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18.x
    Based On: CM13.0

Version Information

Created 2016-09-08
    Last Updated 2016-12-28
    Here's a heads up:
    - Audio routing issue is fixed but not yet published.
    - Ambient display issue was fixed last night. Just need some more thorough testing on LGD panels.

Having said that, if all goes well, you may see official CM nightlies in the weekend. :victory:
    There's much more than that and you won't see it in the log. This kernel rebase really gave me a hard time. For your info... old kernel: 501 876 commits / new kernel: 506 007 commits (as of now).

Most people don't get it, but I am spending more time on this than I would ever expected... and wanted.
    Final unofficial build before it goes official is here! :victory: All the major bugs are fixed and topic is updated with the download link (build from today).

Thanks for all the last hour donations. Really appreciate that! :highfive:
    There we go. Xiaomi Mi 5 is now an officially supported CM device! :victory:

Just created the official wiki page. The first build coming out from jenkins should be available probably tomorrow. Be sure to start with a clean flash... and enjoy! :cool: