XDA Forum login issues.

Search This thread

spud_work

Feb 9, 2009
Out there
This should fix the problem for anyone that was being driven mad by this when using Chrome.

Edit your XDA bookmark and add this at the end /login.php?do=login

For example, I bookmark the Galaxy s2 forum like this - http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1055/login.php?do=login and now I can log in every time without it keep forgetting my username and password all the time.

fortunz

Apr 19, 2009
inside

‬1‬

Sep 26, 2011
London
it's happening to me on both chrome and firefox. i'm using them at home and my workplace.so different places, computers browsers and same problem.

[AltaiR]

Feb 20, 2013
Not exactly a login issue. Had problems accessing xda. I am currently in china, so this may have to do with the Great Firewall of china. Maybe it was blocked for a couple of days...along with the usual youtube, facebook blocks etc. Anyone from china had this problem?

x000x

Apr 6, 2012
looks like this dreaded log out issue has returned a few days ago. i'm getting logged out daily again. sometimes more than once a day. not as bad as before, with hourly log outs, but still kind of strange why it has started happening again.
i had gone maybe 1-2 months of being logged in 24/7 before this started happening again.

singlebeam

Oct 15, 2010
State of Jefferson
looks like this dreaded log out issue has returned a few days ago. i'm getting logged out daily again. sometimes more than once a day. not as bad as before, with hourly log outs, but still kind of strange why it has started happening again.
i had gone maybe 1-2 months of being logged in 24/7 before this started happening again.

Try this sir

This should fix the problem for anyone that was being driven mad by this when using Chrome.

Dirk

May 11, 2009
This just started happeneing to me. It began after setting my theme preference to 2010 in the User CP. Previously i would just rely on the site cookies, which i exclude from cleaning, to remember the theme preference. I've got some testing to do to see if i can reverse the changes and fix the issue.

CTCNetwork

Nov 29, 2008
Notts
Hi,

I have been having log in problems for the last few weeks.
Tried changing password process (and plagued the "contact us" button as even the newly delivered password failed to work! and not that I got any response from them either...!). I was going off my head!

But then I tried loging in using IE (Firefox is my usual browser) and got straigt in! SO I thought it must be one of the add-on in firefox. Naa.. never that simple!

Then I came across this topic and I tried the two new 2013 themes. No difference. IE logged in using the XDA 2010 theme so tried that and the 2010 themes and they both worked in both firefox and waterfox.

My conclussion is that there is an additional character being presented in the password field because of an error in those themes (both the 2013 themes).

Just so people know, if you click the "remember me" box when logging in, this will pop a cookie on the browser and will allow your session to carry over (so long as you do not click log off) from browser restarts etc. and should keep you logged in.. :)

Hope this helps someone... :)

Des. . . ;)

Last edited:

Ather

Retired Senior Moderator
May 26, 2007
i've been having a similar issue since weeks now; The Site works fine on the Pc, but if i use Chrome on my Note 3 or iPad, forumdisplay keeps refreshing after few seconds of loading, tho i am still logged in, to stop it from reloading, i press the Cancel (x) button immediately when it starts to refresh....one thing i noticed is that ?nocache=1&z=123124354346565 line is added after the URL on first refresh, the number after z is random

TheMystic

Mar 18, 2017
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Login issues...

Okay guys,

Since today morning, I am constantly presented with the attached screen every time I want to check XDA. This is the captcha nonsense that is refusing to go. Any solutions?

Attachments

• 2019-2-7_9-51-50__01.jpg
    2019-2-7_9-51-50__01.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

iamsuperuser

Aug 15, 2011
Hyderabad
Xiaomi Poco F1
When ever I have to login I have to change the XDA theme to 2015 at the bottom left corner of the page. But I like the 2010 theme from which I cannot login. Can't this be rectified by moderators?? Why do I have to change the theme everytime I login?? My user ID is ' iamsuperuser ' . Can someone help?

When ever I have to login I have to change the XDA theme.........
The option your changing is saved as a cookie in that specific browser but, the way to keep it as a specific user setting is as follows.

Be sure your logged in first and go to the following link...

https://xdaforums.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

... Then scroll down to the last area under "Forum Skin" and select the default forum skin theme you want from the drop down menu. Then Select the "Save Changes" button at the very bottom.

You should be good to go from there...

Good Luck! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UNLESS asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my Enigma Machine {aenigma = Latin for "Riddle" AND Nickname for "My Ex-Wife"}.

Reactions: sd_shadow

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EDIT: Not an advertising issue, as pointed out throughout this thread. Potential solution (works for me) is to change the forum theme. Go to the lower left of the forums and use the drop-down box. Change to the last option XDA 2013 beta 1024. This has fixed the issue for me, as well as for Formicae (post #4) who reported this fix.

Yesterday I started having issues with the website. Whenever I'd visit, I'd have to log back in. However, navigating to a subforum would automatically log me in. I initially assumed that it had to do with me getting Chrome 23 last night. However, then I noticed it happening on my phone's browser (Stock touchwiz browser). I didn't just have two systems go loopy at the same time.

I'm one of those oddballs that uses an adblocker but whitelists domains that I trust. I want you guys to get advertising revenue from me because I support the website. But, I noticed the problem resolved on my phone whenever I got around the popup ad. So, I re-enabled ad-blocking on this domain. Guess what? Problem solved. No more login issues.

Might want to look at your advertisements and see what's preventing users from remaining logged in. I could login and navigate to the subforums, but then if I clicked the forum button at the top, I'd be logged out again until I navigated elsewhere. There's an advertisement doing this.

For example, I bookmark the Galaxy s2 forum like this - http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1055/login.php?do=login and now I can log in every time without it keep forgetting my username and password all the time.
    I switched to the XDA 2013 Beta theme (bottom left of browser window, drop menu) and haven't had to log in again despite a couple of browser restarts and a computer restart. Might be nothing, but worth a shot?
    Some new changes may be causing this - these are being investigated.
    Somehow it seems fixed since about 15:00 UTC. I still have to log in again, but now it's more in 2 hour intervals.

That is great, I did tweak a setting, maybe that did the trick. Let me know how it goes.