What does the acronym MIUI mean?

Search This thread

ilostchild

Dec 7, 2009
I came to my opinon conclusion that its (my ui) or (me ui). But I know that's not right jus sounds better then say m.I.u.I

salemfox

Jan 28, 2007
Dundee
WHAT IS MIUI?

On the very basic, it is a Chinese customized version of the Android OS, built from stock with additional goodies taken from manufacturer modifications like Samsung’s TouchWiz launcher, iPhone’s looks and the full potential of Android 2.2 platform. If you were to translate the name ‘MIUI’ to English, it would probably sound something like ‘meeooee’. This ROM was initially developed only for Chinese users, based on the FroYo build of Android and totally localized with Chinese locale and language. The group behind the ROM had no intention of bringing it to other devices at the beginning, but as of now, several ports have surfaced for various other devices and with translations.

http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/what-is-miui-rom-for-android-miui-port-complete-guide/

Reactions: CooL4EvEr

CooL4EvEr

Nov 2, 2010
thats it.........:confused:

i think salemfox made easy to understand thanx for the info

one conclusion INSTALL IT :D:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Old thread, but just to clear things up, MIUI is not a word, it's an acronym for Mobile Internet User Interface so pronounce it anyway you like. :)
    WHAT IS MIUI?

On the very basic, it is a Chinese customized version of the Android OS, built from stock with additional goodies taken from manufacturer modifications like Samsung’s TouchWiz launcher, iPhone’s looks and the full potential of Android 2.2 platform. If you were to translate the name ‘MIUI’ to English, it would probably sound something like ‘meeooee’. This ROM was initially developed only for Chinese users, based on the FroYo build of Android and totally localized with Chinese locale and language. The group behind the ROM had no intention of bringing it to other devices at the beginning, but as of now, several ports have surfaced for various other devices and with translations.

http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/what-is-miui-rom-for-android-miui-port-complete-guide/
    Old thread, but just to clear things up, MIUI is not a word, it's an acronym for Mobile Internet User Interface so pronounce it anyway you like. :)

Haha, Good to have some closure with that.