[ROM] I897UCKK2 [Android 2.3.5][10.11.2011]

Search This thread

Johnsondr80

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2010
Tuscaloosa
I agree that this is just speculation. It could be that the two devices (i897 and i997) do share the same basic code. That doesn't automatically rule these leaks out as being possible "official" leaks. Unless he know someone on the inside at Samsung it is just speculation.

Give me a minute.....
Its more than knowing some one.
It helped- by point it out to me.
But ive seen it.
Soon you will too.
Just a minute, I dont spread propaganda.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

You can find this inside of your kj3 stock android.policy.jar
view it in notepad++
at line 156 you will find
Code:
    const-string v8, "SGH-I997"

it is throughout the codeing in the jars and even smali in apks

not true for kh3 or older i897GB builds
these just started showing up

maybe a new thing now in 2.3.5 and up....idk
who knows?
But a friend told me that we are possibly testing firmware for new and upcoming devices.

ps. my friend has been right about a lot!! i for one believe them.
;)

Last edited:

Jsmokey

Jul 29, 2011
Tippecanoe
I agree that this is just speculation. It could be that the two devices (i897 and i997) do share the same basic code. That doesn't automatically rule these leaks out as being possible "official" leaks. Unless he know someone on the inside at Samsung it is just speculation.

Of course its all mostly speculation but I believe he came to the assumption because he probably went through kh3 and didn't find any of the oddities in code that pointed to the others being either a hybrid or not made specifically for the captivate. No one but samsung would really know but its just something interesting he came across in all but kh3 and I just wondered if the new kk leaks were the same way.

Could also be they were integrating code from the i997 to test how it would work or really any number of things.

Man this whole debate blew up a little there.

Sent from my I897 w/Antares Darkcloud, Red Nebula kernel, & 1.3Ghz OC using Tegrak.

Last edited:

sinichi21

Oct 14, 2010
Los Angeles
Give me a minute.....
But ive seen it.
Soon you will too.

view it in notepad++
Code:

who knows?
But a friend told me that we are possibly testing firmware for new and upcoming devices.

;)

Maybe the new upcoming samsung captivate 2 that has keyboard on it maybe thats why its h+ enable before :eek:

LOSTLOGIC89

Nov 8, 2010
Casablanca
www.logicroms.com
Give me a minute.....
But ive seen it.
Soon you will too.

view it in notepad++
Code:

who knows?

;)

I noticed the same thing, but I took a stupid guess(which is maybe a error from their part LOL )

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using xda premium

El Niche

Oct 6, 2011
Miami, FL
I flashed the previous 2.3.5 ROMs and have been seeing a great improvement compared to Froyo. However, in the last two that were released, my phone either reboots or freezes when I try to unlock it (prob once every 5-6 days). This never happened with Froyo. Could it be an app I'm using, or should I go ahead and try KK2 to see it is a memory problem (its like if it was running out of RAM until it poops and reboots or freezes) that was solved?
Im using GO Launcher I dont know if that causes the problem. Has anyone experienced this and should I flash this one to see if its solved (Im currently in KJ3)?

Thanks!

Kyuta Syuko

Aug 18, 2009
I flashed the previous 2.3.5 ROMs and have been seeing a great improvement compared to Froyo. However, in the last two that were released, my phone either reboots or freezes when I try to unlock it (prob once every 5-6 days). This never happened with Froyo. Could it be an app I'm using, or should I go ahead and try KK2 to see it is a memory problem (its like if it was running out of RAM until it poops and reboots or freezes) that was solved?
Im using GO Launcher I dont know if that causes the problem. Has anyone experienced this and should I flash this one to see if its solved (Im currently in KJ3)?

Thanks!

You should definitely flash KK2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

stoobie-doo

May 2, 2008
Dallas

Thanks!
I had reboot problems all the time with KJ3, sometimes multiple times a day, and then multiple in a row upon boot. I had installed GO Launcher, uninstalled it, and still had the problems. KK2 isn't perfect, but a week in, I am trusting it a lot more than I had trusted KJ3.

Reactions: 4-2ndtwin

Kyuta Syuko

Aug 18, 2009
I had reboot problems all the time with KJ3, sometimes multiple times a day, and then multiple in a row upon boot. I had installed GO Launcher, uninstalled it, and still had the problems. KK2 isn't perfect, but a week in, I am trusting it a lot more than I had trusted KJ3.

Well the KJ series (never really tested any of the others so I'm not sure if it holds true for them) had an issue where if you had too many apps installed (or rather too much storage spaced being used by the app installations including whatever the app downloads after you install it from the market) to the internel SD/USB storage it would cause your phone to constantly reboot and of course the work around that I ended up using was moving all my non-game apps to the phone and not downloading so many game apps at once which I'm still doing so I can't say for sure if the KK series has this issue.

Reactions: IlluminatedOne

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I897UCKK2:

Android 2.3.5

Code:
    # autogenerated by buildinfo.sh                                                         
    ro.build.id=GINGERBREAD                                                                 
    ro.build.display.id=GINGERBREAD.UCKK2                                                   
    ro.build.version.incremental=UCKK2                                                      
    ro.build.version.sdk=10                                                                 
    ro.build.version.codename=REL                                                           
    ro.build.version.release=2.3.5                                                          
    ro.build.date=Thu Nov 10 16:24:13 KST 2011                                              
    ro.build.date.utc=1320909853                                                            
    ro.build.type=user                                                                      
    ro.build.user=se.infra                                                                  
    ro.build.host=SEI-46                                                                    
    ro.build.tags=release-keys                                                              
    ro.product.model=SAMSUNG-SGH-I897                                                       
    ro.product.brand=samsung                                                                
    ro.product.name=SGH-I897                                                                
    ro.product.device=SGH-I897                                                              
    ro.product.board=SGH-I897                                                               
    ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a                                                          
    ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi                                                             
    ro.product.manufacturer=SAMSUNG                                                         
    ro.product.locale.language=en                                                           
    ro.product.locale.region=US                                                             
    ro.wifi.channels=                                                                       
    ro.board.platform=s5pc110                                                               
    # ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device                                   
    ro.build.product=SGH-I897                                                               
    # Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint                              
    ro.build.description=SGH-I897-user 2.3.5 GINGERBREAD UCKK2 release-keys                 
    ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/SGH-I897/SGH-I897:2.3.5/GINGERBREAD/UCKK2:user/release-keys
    # Samsung Specific Properties                                                           
    ro.build.PDA=I897UCKK2                                                                  
    ro.build.hidden_ver=I897UCKK2                                                           
    ro.build.changelist=614489                                                              
    ro.flash.resolution=1080                                                                
    # end build properties

Download:

http://hotfile.com/dl/134740075/bf85278/SGH-I897_I897UCKK2.rar.html

Pass: sampro.pl

Give me a minute.....
    But ive seen it.
    Soon you will too.

view it in notepad++
    Code:

who knows?

;)
    Modem

The UCKK2 modem was uploaded to the I897 section of my website in my sig or image below. Thanks!

Please hit the THANKS button if this post helped....
    How'd he learn that? Would explain why KH3 is so much more stable then the recent ones...

Kyuta, Check his thread from this page - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1233979&page=314
    Here is one i created and used after I flashed fugu

Would've posted earlier but I thought the one on the first page was working :rolleyes: