[Q] Which Cyanogenmod Kang

Search This thread

Hidden92

Feb 21, 2012
Hi,
I'm looking for a Kang that fits my requirements:
- Cyanogenmod 7 or 9 (I haven't tried any 9 ROMs till now, is it as performant as CM7?)
- Working YouTube (important! it's totally unaccaptable to use the desktop youtube version, which doesn't even work properly)
- default Cyanogenmod Keyboard
- HDMI 1080p Support (optional)
- Overclocking (optional)
- Smoother Volume Controls (more steps, e.g. 30 steps for media volume) (optional, but would be nice to have)

btw: Are there any advantages of a different Kernel, and if so, which one would you recommend?

Hidden

slebit

Dec 3, 2010
I would also recommend temaseks cm7 kang. It's the most stable och fast 2.3 rom. And for kernel I also would recommend vadonkas etana kernel.

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk 2

godofice

Apr 21, 2012
If you want to go for stability i recommend the CM7 KANGs with vadonka kernel as the others stated.

I prefer the "bleeding edge" a bit more.. therefore I am using Owain's CM9 build along with Harsh kernel.
Owain's build is usable for a while now, but some features from CM7 are not yet available im CM9 (mostly due to LG/Nvidia).
I don't know whether it supports HDMI (got no cable). OC is definately not available.

If you want to do a factory reset anyway, you can give different combinations a try.:)