[Q] Your device has been modified. Software updates are not available?

Search This thread
N

NikolaMBC01

After i rooted my SGS3 with latest Jelly Bean firmware, i can't receive updates anymore, every time try to check updates i get "Your device has been modified. Software updates are not available" Can i fix this one some way without losing root, or i need to unroot my device?

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
As JB isn't available yet except for poland then you will need to go back to ICS, reset flash counter and unroot.... Basically you're taking it back to stock.... Then Kies will allow updates, but only to what is currently available for your rom version/country.....
So you could still end up restocking and not being able to upgrade to JB as "There are no updates for your current version"....

snabbeltax

Aug 26, 2012
As JB isn't available yet except for poland then you will need to go back to ICS, reset flash counter and unroot.... Basically you're taking it back to stock.... Then Kies will allow updates, but only to what is currently available for your rom version/country.....
So you could still end up restocking and not being able to upgrade to JB as "There are no updates for your current version"....

Hihi, same here. JB is nice but "contacts" and account sync chrashes constantly.
Guess ill have to wait patiently again.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

N

NikolaMBC01

So far, i do not have any problems with JB, everything works great.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium HD app

alvaretto

May 18, 2012
Barranquilla
After i rooted my SGS3 with latest Jelly Bean firmware, i can't receive updates anymore, every time try to check updates i get "Your device has been modified. Software updates are not available" Can i fix this one some way without losing root, or i need to unroot my device?

It is just some kind of disclaimer from Samsung, but if you flash an official rom you'll continue to receive official updates.

uckons

Oct 10, 2012
same i'm also like that after flash JB "Your device has been modified", so i just wipe all my data and reflashed, problem solved, the big problem for is after reflashed JB, stock music played cannot find any music on ext SDCARD

spirytusick

Sep 10, 2009
same i'm also like that after flash JB "Your device has been modified", so i just wipe all my data and reflashed, problem solved, the big problem for is after reflashed JB, stock music played cannot find any music on ext SDCARD

I have updated my SGS3 to official UK Jelly Bean OTA update, and after rooting it the software update service complains about the device being modified also. Not too bothered about it at the moment but will probably be a pain in the butt once new updates will be released (although knowing Samsung, it will be quite some time before the next one).

akrontomaz

Sep 20, 2012
London
I have updated my SGS3 to official UK Jelly Bean OTA update, and after rooting it the software update service complains about the device being modified also. Not too bothered about it at the moment but will probably be a pain in the butt once new updates will be released (although knowing Samsung, it will be quite some time before the next one).

SAME :D Just got JB update today via KIES, TOP bro :D:D:D

Already rooted with CF auto, is close to stock as possible but no updates same msg.

lordvore

May 2, 2011
SAME :D Just got JB update today via KIES, TOP bro :D:D:D

Already rooted with CF auto, is close to stock as possible but no updates same msg.

I updated to JellyBean using the OTA update file from Cache but through the 'ever root' method of mobile Odin. I also tried Triangle Away but received the same message before and after. I have now also used Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper v2.0.3 to temporarily unroot the device but it still says the same message from the update screen.

So much for being friendly to the modding community!

tatz619

Nov 25, 2012
Here's how i fixed my S3

1. You need to unroot your phone.(you could find it in youtube) :(
2. then perform factory reset :(

Every bug in the rom fixed and software update works like charm....

rcmjr1560

Dec 13, 2012
cannot update

1. You need to unroot your phone.(you could find it in youtube) :(
2. then perform factory reset :(

Every bug in the rom fixed and software update works like charm....

I have not done anything to my phone other than update it to 4.1.1. Now I get the message that it has been modified and cannot receive updates.
How can I fix this, as it was never rooted.
Thanks

eusers

Mar 31, 2013
Try this if ur device has a SD card.

1. Go to Settings
2. Storage
3. Unmount SD card
4. Restart your Device
5. After restart go to Check Updates
..may solve the issue..

TheRealFelix0212

Jul 4, 2012
AW: [Q] Your device has been modified. Software updates are not available?

If you want to root your phone, use Framaroot recommended.

When you open the app, there is a list: Root with Superuser; SuperSU and Unroot.
Root with SuperSU is recommended.

If you have a I9300 take the SAM-Exploit, if I9305 the FRODO-Exploit.
If it don't work, try the other Exploit ;)
It won't change your FlashCounter!

And when you want to unroot your phone you have to go in SuperSU, Settings, scroll down and click Full Unroot.

If your device status is Modified anymore, reflash StockROM and wipe your data! :)

Greeeetzzzz... :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

666_Diablo

Jan 29, 2012
Brno
Possible solution for rooted stock ROMs

I had the same problem with my GT-I9505, update from XXUBMEA to the latest XXUBMGA. Previously I rooted XXUBMEA and I was getting the "Device has been modified message". TriangleAway saved me at the end, I enabled the "Allow tracker to run" option, rebooted and after that I succesfully updated the stock firmware via OTA. Unfortunately the phone is not rooted anymore even the "ota survival" option in Superuser didn't save it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.