Favorite Galaxy Note 2 Kernel?

Search This thread

techgov8

Jul 10, 2012
I'm in love with Saber but what are your guy's thoughts?

So far I've tried saber, perseus, and peanut butter and Iike perseus the best. I love the stweaks app that goes along with it for sound. Personally I feel that it gets me the best battery life. I don't over clock I usually stay on 1500 or stock 1600 I just under volt.

Doin' big thangs from my Note Deuce

tfly212

Dec 1, 2011
New York
Used Perseus and PBJ. Both were stable but I think battery life is better with PBJ, even with undervolted settings on Perseus. I did like the audio settings on Perseus, but I added in Awesome Beats which I like even better.

droidstyle

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 7, 2011
Fort Wayne
stock....out of custom i like pbj as its the most stable, but i feel voodoo sound actually degrades sound quality. perseus has too much undervolting and will most likely cause a reboot after 4-5 days up time...not a huge issue. remember overclocking and undervolting offers no real world gains on these multi core devices. what once was is no longer...

Last edited:

imnuts

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2007
West Chester
www.imnuts.org
My own kernel or stock. Only two I'd even consider. The rest are full of unnecessary fluff 90% of people don't need or understand. The only kind of fluff I want is marshmallow, but neither goes well with phones :p

shrike1978

Jun 28, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Perseus, but only for the screen enhancements. None of the stock screen profiles look right to me. Otherwise, I'd be either on stock or something of my own making. I agree with imnuts, all the flashy options in most kernels are entirely unnecessary.

K-alz

Jun 7, 2013
Perseus, but only for the screen enhancements. None of the stock screen profiles look right to me. Otherwise, I'd be either on stock or something of my own making. I agree with imnuts, all the flashy options in most kernels are entirely unnecessary.

Is there a version of the Perseus kernel out for 4.3 TW ROMs?

sent from my SGH-i317

dhangejr

Dec 13, 2013
dont wanna start new thread..point me right looked many places

IM till trying to decide what kernel to flash on 4.1.2 stock tmo root.
I know I want some voltage control and see how that helps battery life. I will keep the clock stock or maybe drop to 1.4 as it is plenty fast.
If that affects my xmbc than I wlll make t stock 1.6.

Regardless Im kind of wondering what someone you think I should use for kernal/tweaker?
there is android tweeker pro, stweaks, trickster mod and so many to choose from.

Im overwhelmed and there is no real definitive threads I see.
I have spent much time (too much) looking at this topic, and just wanna get to the point and see if I can get better battery life.
Again performance is not an issue.
I just want the control i guess im a control freak! lol

Irwenzhao

Nov 23, 2013
Singapore
Am I the only one around using Plasma? Damn, it's good with stweaks.

Smack that thanks button if I helped!
Note 2 LTE powered by Illusion ROM and Plasma Kernel.
Sent from dat small country called Singapore.
P.S. replies with quotes will be replied to faster.

Reactions: dhangejr

dhangejr

Dec 13, 2013

Thanks! does stweaks let me control the signal booster functions? (ie wifi and cell tower) I can't find much about this but I would like to increase their strength)
Does plasma allow that?
Im still researching these kernels and their UI's I should be compiling everything I find for one ultimata kernel thred but its all out dated and no one cares any way!

Irwenzhao

Nov 23, 2013
Singapore
Thanks! does stweaks let me control the signal booster functions? (ie wifi and cell tower) I can't find much about this but I would like to increase their strength)
Does plasma allow that?
Im still researching these kernels and their UI's I should be compiling everything I find for one ultimata kernel thred but its all out dated and no one cares any way!

I don't know any kernel with signal booster feature. (Plasma is a work in progress kernel but it's blazing fast already.) The dev might add the feature later on. (Request in plasma thread)

Reactions: dhangejr

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    stock....out of custom i like pbj as its the most stable, but i feel voodoo sound actually degrades sound quality. perseus has too much undervolting and will most likely cause a reboot after 4-5 days up time...not a huge issue. remember overclocking and undervolting offers no real world gains on these multi core devices. what once was is no longer...
    I love perseus!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Peanut butter jelly. No worthless OC support, no pointless UV control, just good old fashioned stock with boeflla sound for major sound boost.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II
    Does plasma allow that?

I don't know any kernel with signal booster feature. (Plasma is a work in progress kernel but it's blazing fast already.) The dev might add the feature later on. (Request in plasma thread)