[Q][JB] How to change the boot logo/splash image in Jelly Bean 4.1.2 ?(not animation)

Search This thread

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
The splash screen / logo isn't so much ROM dependent as it is device dependent
What I mean is that is stored in different places on different phones often it will be in its own separate partition, sometimes part of a kernel, sometimes paramfs
You need to find out where it is stored in your device before you can find out how to change it

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: mr.nameless_24
Jul 19, 2013
What I mean is that is stored in different places on different phones often it will be in its own separate partition, sometimes part of a kernel, sometimes paramfs
You need to find out where it is stored in your device before you can find out how to change it

thank you sir for the reply ..im just a noob in cgwin ... just studying about the android kitchen because i want to find out how to change my device splash screen ....hehe thank you for lots of information :D:D:D by the way sir would you mind if i ask another question is there any file extension of a splash image ?.. so that i can find it easily by myself ? :D

my device is just like in the other forum ..but i want to find it out .. i exploring new things ...hehe

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Unfortunately I don't know specifics to your phone, if it is in a separate partition you most likely won't be able to list it as it wouldn't be an active partition.
I would start by grabbing the stock software and firmware and trying to sift through it with either a hex editor, not always fun but unless you find someone who knows specifically where in your device its located it may be hard to find... But it may be quick and easy
Best of luck

Reactions: mr.nameless_24
Jul 19, 2013
Unfortunately I don't know specifics to your phone, if it is in a separate partition you most likely won't be able to list it as it wouldn't be an active partition.
I would start by grabbing the stock software and firmware and trying to sift through it with either a hex editor, not always fun but unless you find someone who knows specifically where in your device its located it may be hard to find... But it may be quick and easy
Best of luck

this is my phone specification
http://www.gsmarena.com/karbonn_a9+-5194.php

i just update my phone with this guide in xda
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=42891019
and then there files Like AP Firmware and BP Firmware

Root.png
View attachment 2376731
View attachment 2376730

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Best of luck