[ROM][OFFICIAL][CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies for Skyrocket][TeamChopsticks]

Search This thread

topprospect

Nov 28, 2011
Atlanta, GA
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (Kit Kat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at any of us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 * Collectively, and at the same time.
 */

This is the support thread for CM11.0 on the AT&T Galaxy S II Skyrocket. It is still a major work in progress, so please make sure you have a backup that you can restore if you run into problems.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view http://changelog.bbqdroid.org for a full list of changes.

IRC SUPPORT:
Join us in #teamchopsticks or #cyanogenmod on the Freenode IRC network.

DO NOT ASK FOR SUPPORT IF YOU FLASH A DIFFERENT KERNEL!
The kernel packaged with CM11.0 is very tightly coupled with the ROM code. If you install a kernel different from the one in this ROM, please do not ask for any support.

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
  • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
  • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
  • Please use Pastebin when possible.
Download Links:

Please see our blog at http://www.teamchopsticks.org for installation, download links and release notes.
Install instructions:

NOTE! You MUST use the recovery provided at the install link otherwise you will boot loop!

NOTE! You MUST wipe /cache, /data, and /system!! Also, make sure you install a 4.4-compatible gapps package. See our blog for more information.

The CyanogenMod team and TeamChopsticks would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Last edited:

pubcat

Oct 21, 2012
You guys, deserve a night out on the town! Cheers! :beer:

Thanks y'all.
Very nice!

Sent from my SGH-I727 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: levanr

toyes

Aug 5, 2012
Abbotsford
The op said use cwm 6037 but i am already using 6043. Should 6043 be ok?

If you want support I suggest following the instructions... however I am on 6043 and it is working fine.

You guys are so flipping awesome! Great job! What about TWRP 2.6.1? That's a big no no?

Sent from my Skyrocket (SGH-I727) using Tapatalk :p

TWRP is a big NO. The zip will fail to flash.

EDIT: CWM 6.0.3.7 and newer is supported

Last edited:

Bleedos

Mar 7, 2013
Montreal
Installed!!!

Been runnin for about 10 minutes. Setting up appz. Been texting with Hangout. Working great. No issues so far! Will probably be runnin' that for the entire weekend! \m/

Thanks again!:D

theesotericone

Sep 22, 2013
And it begins. Nice job guys. I just received my Nexus 5 so the Rocket is in backup mode for now. I'd be happy to help get this thing up and running by providing some logs. I won't have data anymore but everything else I can troubleshoot. I quick thought. Since ADB now requires a pass key it's hard to get logs from boot on a fresh install. I remember being able to change adb.persist in another phone to let ADB pull logs from boot by bypasssing the authentication key. Is that still possible? This was over a year ago.

xxthe

Oct 21, 2012
Jefferson, GA
I can confirm that long press of the home button doesn't bring up your recent apps list. Presently it only brings up GoogleHome's settings and etc. And I see it wants to think we have the on screen keys enabled. Probably why what I said above is occurring. But besides that short coming. Pretty solid. Hardware keys stopped working after first flash. Rebooted and all was well.

Smittiegee19

Aug 15, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Can't wait to try it. Got a taste of it in my sons Google tab. Runs like a champ. You guys rule.

Sent from my skyrocket running something better than yours! BOOM!

onealvideo

Jul 18, 2012
Fort Worth
Goes without saying, but nice work. Will be flashing shortly and expect butter like 10.2 right out of the gate...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Weazmeister

bps119

Jul 26, 2009
Louisville
Good work top and the whole team chopsticks crew. Y'all got me to pull out the rocket for the first time since getting my g2 to test this out. It was well worth it. Congrats guys!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (Kit Kat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at any of us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     * Collectively, and at the same time.
     */

This is the support thread for CM11.0 on the AT&T Galaxy S II Skyrocket. It is still a major work in progress, so please make sure you have a backup that you can restore if you run into problems.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view http://changelog.bbqdroid.org for a full list of changes.

IRC SUPPORT:
    Join us in #teamchopsticks or #cyanogenmod on the Freenode IRC network.

DO NOT ASK FOR SUPPORT IF YOU FLASH A DIFFERENT KERNEL!
    The kernel packaged with CM11.0 is very tightly coupled with the ROM code. If you install a kernel different from the one in this ROM, please do not ask for any support.

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.
    Download Links:

Please see our blog at http://www.teamchopsticks.org for installation, download links and release notes.
    Install instructions:

NOTE! You MUST use the recovery provided at the install link otherwise you will boot loop!

NOTE! You MUST wipe /cache, /data, and /system!! Also, make sure you install a 4.4-compatible gapps package. See our blog for more information.

The CyanogenMod team and TeamChopsticks would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    We're aware of the audio issue - sorry guys, major slacking going on here keeping up with the device. I've honestly been completely disconnected for weeks with life taking priority over hobbies.

Regardless, I'm going to get in touch with topprospect in the next couple days to tackle the issue. We've been able to replicate it, so that's good. Just have to carve out the time to actually do something to fix it.
    Alpha2 released

• updated: Kernel updated from 3.0.89 to 3.0.101
    • fixed: recent apps works now (long hold Home)
    • fixed: install assert might fail in recovery
    • fixed: in Launcher3, Settings button was a no-op in overview
    • new: more CM functionality merged in -- e.g. Privacy Guard (but much more still missing)

See for download and install/update instructions:
    http://www.teamchopsticks.org/p/cm110-release-notes.html
    Alpha3 released!

Alpha3 is up. Please head over to http://www.teamchopsticks.org/p/cm110-release-notes.html for download links and instructions.

Changes since alpha2:
    • new: tap-to-pay support in Google Wallet -- enabled, but may not work. Please test!
    • fixed: Activating Google Keyboard makes the device unstable (e.g. Back, Search and Menu buttons don't work, Google Keyboard FC's)
    • fixed: In Settings->About Phone->Status, "Battery Status" says "Not Charging" when plugged into USB.
    • fixed: LPA audio is disabled
    • fixed: ART JVM could not be selected without causing massive FC's -- NOTE: When switching to ART, the next reboot can take up to 10 minutes!

Google Wallet: We enabled tap-to-pay support for Google Wallet but are unsure if it actually works. I couldn't get it working at the one CVS store I tried my Skyrocket in, so please test and give feedback.

New gapps required: Even if you are upgrading from a previous alpha, please format /system and flash the gapps listed in the release notes (step #5). This is important if you want to try out the new ART JVM.

ART is enabled, but beware: The new ART JVM is apparently a work-in-progress and we suggest that you stick with DALVIK. ART causes problems with some Play Store apps and may cause other random behavior. Also, after enabling ART, the next reboot can take ~10 mins. Anyway, no support from us if you try out ART!
    Yes, It still is. I should be corrected if I am wrong but I don't think it's much of a priority right now as it is to get all of the CM features in our ROM first.

Cyanogen is overhauling the camera app as a whole, so were mostly waiting for that to be completed. Then, topprospect is working on a wrapper for the camera blobs so that any tweaks we have to make for msm8660 will be applied to even 3rd party camera apps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app