[Q] How Can I turn off Software Update Notification?

Search This thread

just.garet

Apr 10, 2013
Is there any way to stop the software update notification which is telling me I need to upgrade to the latest software which is already installed anyway?

The Xperia Update Center says "Computer Required" for update to 4.3. It won't let me update OTA even with the Wifi on and I don't understand why.

Problem 2: My phone is already updated to Android 4.3 Xperia software version 14.2.A.0.290 but on the Sony Bridge for Mac software,it says it needs that I need to upgrade to the same version
14.2.A.0.290. (See screenshot).

I would ignore the instructions to update but I can't get rid of the notification on the phone.

pranii23

Jul 6, 2012
Bangalore
Simple
Even I had the same issue. long press on the notification of update in the notification panel to get into app info and then clear data in the app options.
Now the notifcation disappears. You can even check for an update again and it will show your phone to be updated with latest firmware

And with the computer update, dont update your phone as it has no changes and the size of the download is around 900MB which is pretty useless .

Last edited:

just.garet

Apr 10, 2013
Simple
Even I had the same issue. long press on the notification of update in the notification panel to get into app info and then clear data in the app options.
Now the notifcation disappears. You can even check for an update again and it will show your phone to be updated with latest firmware

And with the computer update, dont update your phone as it has no changes and the size of the download is around 900MB which is pretty useless .

I did what you said, "Clear data" and I also "Emptied Cache", but the notification to upgrade software still returns after I click software update in the Update Center. I would just reinstall it, but why should I have to reinstall the same 4.3 and the same Build 14.2.A.0.290 which is already on the phone?

Also, why does it say "Computer Required"? Since when is computer required to update Android Software or Sony Xperia firmware?

pranii23

Jul 6, 2012
Bangalore
I did what you said, "Clear data" and I also "Emptied Cache", but the notification to upgrade software still returns after I click software update in the Update Center. I would just reinstall it, but why should I have to reinstall the same 4.3 and the same Build 14.2.A.0.290 which is already on the phone?

Also, why does it say "Computer Required"? Since when is computer required to update Android Software or Sony Xperia firmware?

yeah this is some kind of a bug. I updated the 4.3 once again since i was getting some free wifi around. And as of now u better clear data and dont check for updates. Its really annoying to see the update notification with nothing in it for us. Better wait till Jan 23rd where we might get a software update or if not then feb 1st week we will be getting an update (not 4.4.2 :-/) 14.2.A.1.124/136 .

I guess for bigger updates it requires the computer. or when it has something to update just the kernel (totally guessing)

Meni30

Nov 29, 2013
If u have root u can instal titanium backup and uninstal the OTA update notification ...

Zippy1

Jul 27, 2013
In app info at the top of the page you have forced stop and disable, hit disable.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Zippy1

Jul 27, 2013
uploadfromtaptalk1390255320773.jpg

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Akash Naik

Top Liked Posts