[Q] Rumrunner custom hboot

Search This thread

matinm90

Aug 12, 2011
So if I flash the custom hboot from rumrunner, and say I need to return the device to sprint, for whatever reason, do i simply reflash the ruu to return to stock? or do i have to first flash the stock hboot? Im sure this is a stupid question, but I wanna make sure.

elvisypi

Nov 11, 2010
Düsseldorf
So if I flash the custom hboot from rumrunner, and say I need to return the device to sprint, for whatever reason, do i simply reflash the ruu to return to stock? or do i have to first flash the stock hboot? Im sure this is a stupid question, but I wanna make sure.

Yes and no. Your custom hboot and recovery will be replaced with the stock one, but your phone will still read s-off and unlocked. I suggest that you flash this hboot, you'll look completely stock, locked, s-on. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2565201

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Reactions: matinm90

ghettovirtuoso

Apr 19, 2010
Boston
Can I flash this hboot over using a stock rooted 3.05.651.6 rom being s-off? Or is it only good for 3.04.651.2 roms. I currently have the moonshine hboot but want to upgrade to something that compatible with windows 8.1.

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

elvisypi

Nov 11, 2010
Düsseldorf
Can I flash this hboot over using a stock rooted 3.05.651.6 rom being s-off? Or is it only good for 3.04.651.2 roms. I currently have the moonshine hboot but want to upgrade to something that compatible with windows 8.1.

Yes you can. Hboot is completely indipendent from the ROM

Reactions: ghettovirtuoso

matinm90

Aug 12, 2011
Yeah he's right about that. Specifically since both Rom versions from stock use the same hboot version.

Sent from my HTC Butterfly s using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yes and no. Your custom hboot and recovery will be replaced with the stock one, but your phone will still read s-off and unlocked. I suggest that you flash this hboot, you'll look completely stock, locked, s-on. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2565201

Yes you can. Hboot is completely indipendent from the ROM