[ROOT]Xperia Z1 Touch Screen Tweak

Search This thread

aznrogerazn

Feb 17, 2012
Taipei
Since there's no thread about fixing this here in Z1's forum, I'd make one with possible fix on the crazy touch screen problem.

As far as I know, this is a firmware-related problem, and can be fixed by tweaking down the touch screen sensitivity. You'll need
to be rooted to use this modification. Always remember, try at your own risk, and don't forget to hit thanks button if I helped!!

HOWTO:
1. Take a backup with CWM or TWRP.
2. Use any root explorer that you like, and navigate to /system/usr/idc/.
3. Copy the file "clearpad.idc" to somewhere else, like the SDcard storage for editing.
4. Open up the file with Jota+ or the text editor of your choice, and find the line "touch.filter.level". By default it would be 2, but
here I would suggest a value of either 5 or 6 for lowered sensitivity.
Code:
touch.filter.level=6
5.Save the file and then mount /system as writable.
Code:
mount -o remount,rw /system /system
6. Paste the modified clearpad.idc back to /system/usr/idc/ and set correct permissions.
Code:
cp clearpad.idc /system/usr/idc/ && chmod 644 /system/usr/idc/clearpad.idc
7. Remount /system as read-only and reboot.
Code:
mount -o remount,ro /system /system && reboot

Well, this worked for me, and as I know there are lots of people out there irritated by this problem, this should provide a proper
method for restoring the functionality for their Z1's. Now a greasy screen and slight moisture would not upset the touch screen unlike before.

p.s. I'm on NUT's .290 with C6903. This should also work for other models and Android versions.

If this worked for you, then please kindly click on the THANKS button down below <3

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-26-08-20-20.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-02-26-08-20-20.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 1,908

chunlianghere

Oct 22, 2011
Since there's no thread about fixing this here in Z1's forum, I'd make one with possible fix on the crazy touch screen problem.

As far as I know, this is a firmware-related problem, and can be fixed by tweaking down the touch screen sensitivity. You'll need
to be rooted to use this modification. Always remember, try at your own risk, and don't forget to hit thanks button if I helped!!

HOWTO:
3. Copy the file "clearpad.idc" to somewhere else, like the SDcard storage for editing.
4. Open up the file with Jota+ or the text editor of your choice, and find the line "touch.filter.level". By default it would be 2, but
Code:
touch.filter.level=6
Code:
6. Paste the modified clearpad.idc back to /system/usr/idc/ and set correct permissions.
Code:
Code:

Well, this worked for me, and as I know there are lots of people out there irritated by this problem, this should provide a proper
method for restoring the functionality for their Z1's. Now a greasy screen and slight moisture would not upset the touch screen unlike before.

p.s. I'm on NUT's .290 with C6903. This should also work for other models and Android versions.

If this worked for you, then please kindly click on the THANKS button down below <3

too bad, it doesnt work. tried change to 1 or 7, but problem still exist.

there is already other thread talking about tis.

Richylitschy

Jun 14, 2012
Hamburg
then what can we do?

Ive got the problem too with no AFS on the phone ://

Currently, Im able to solve the problem by wiping the phone for like 10secs with my tshirt. After that the touchscreen ALWAYS works flawlessly for like 5 mins. Im going to buy a new protector tomorrow and hope that that is going to fix this issue!

german8989

Apr 17, 2014
Ive got the problem too with no AFS on the phone ://

Currently, Im able to solve the problem by wiping the phone for like 10secs with my tshirt. After that the touchscreen ALWAYS works flawlessly for like 5 mins. Im going to buy a new protector tomorrow and hope that that is going to fix this issue!

Hi everybody!

For me, if i turn off the screen (only with the power button, nothing more), the problem fix during some time (sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes hours).

I have the latest stock version, locked bootloader and rooted. Xperia Z1 C6093.

omaroe666

Feb 10, 2012
Zutphen
i think the many problem with the touch screen is by taking of the asf that sony puts on these phones. i took it of 2 days ago and since then it was always doing strange touchscreen things like making selections out of it's own or thinking there where 2 fingers on the screen.

chunlianghere

Oct 22, 2011
i think the many problem with the touch screen is by taking of the asf that sony puts on these phones. i took it of 2 days ago and since then it was always doing strange touchscreen things like making selections out of it's own or thinking there where 2 fingers on the screen.

mine never take out ASF already have strange touchscreen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

HOWTO:
    Code:
    touch.filter.level=6
    Code:
    Code:
    Code: