Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
Check the Development thread here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2792697

cm-11-2014-jun-08.png

Last edited:

GFX.myst.

Jul 19, 2011
Nice. ;) I'd put it on mine, but my mother-in-law is now using it. She likes it on stock GB. :eek:

sent from the frost god

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
Just an update:

One flash from BML is now working, so if you have a stock rooted KJ6 with CMW5 on your SGS4G, you only need to flash the ROM zip once for it to install.

I'm using TWRP 2.6.3.0 in the builds, although I guess I can release a CWW version of the boot.img too.

Huge thanks to @sunsurfer42 (for the two (2) dev phones he sent me) and @daothanhduy1996 (for his source trees) for making this happen.

Hang tight, I'll have a public release soon. PM me for testing.

inimeg81

Dec 6, 2013
Croyon, PA
Wow this mammoth is bigger then beanstalk. I like it. I really like it. I wanna know how u were able to build it. Should move it to dev section soon for others to feast on. Two thumbs way up!!

I flashed straight from bs too. Fyi

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA Free mobile app

DickyG

Mar 30, 2013
Virginia
This is great...thanks for continuing to work on this phone. Just out of curiosity, what differences from Beanstalk can we expect?

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
CM11 is its own beast.

Just some features, these are not necessarily different from beanstalk since both roms use very similar source trees
Android 4.4.3 (released just a few days ago)
You can flash directly from BML
TWRP 2.6.3.0
* You can now do backups of EFS directly in the TWRP interface. These get made by default when you do a regular backup.
Compiled with Linaro 4.7
All source code will be easily available so you can do your own build
GPS, bluetooth (I have only tested file transfers), video playback, camcorder, camera

Luckily for us, with the 4.4.3 release the CM team made sure that their rom would run great on devices with only 512 mb of RAM (like ours). So this should feel fairly smooth.
Somewhere down the line I'm gonna release a trimmed rom that has removed apps (like wallpapers) that aren't necessary to keep the ROM working but I have a lot of other plans before this.

WHOA IS THAT A DOWNLOAD LINK?
https://www.fernandob.com/files/android/sgs4g/cm11/cm-11-20140610-UNOFFICIAL-galaxys4gmtd.zip

You should install minimal GAPPS to go wit that ROM:
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358541495

llinkll

May 1, 2014
CM11 is its own beast.

Just some features, these are not necessarily different from beanstalk since both roms use very similar source trees
TWRP 2.6.3.0....

Thanks a lot for this. I'll download and test as soon as I can.

Reactions: FBis251

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
I'm not gonna post the manifest file until I've done some more testing, but if you're too impatient to get a build going, follow the vibrant cm11 from source guide here:
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Build_for_vibrantmtd

Complete the guide until you do the "Initialize the CyanogenMod source repository" part.

You're gonna then need to add the team acid local manifest file:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
    <!-- Use JustArchi's Linaro compiler branches -->
    <remove-project name="platform/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.7" />
    <project path="prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.7" name="JustArchi/Linaro" revision="4.7-androideabi" />
    <project path="prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8" name="JustArchi/Linaro" revision="4.8-androideabi" />

<!-- Use TWRP as the recovery -->
    <remove-project name="CyanogenMod/android_bootable_recovery" />
    <project path="bootable/recovery" name="TeamWin/Team-Win-Recovery-Project" revision="twrp2.7" />

<!-- Use Cyanogenmod's Aries and Samsung hardware common files -->
    <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_aries-common" path="device/samsung/aries-common" />
    <project name="CyanogenMod/android_hardware_samsung" path="hardware/samsung" remote="github" />

<!-- SGS4G Specific Edits -->
    <project path="device/samsung/galaxys4gmtd" name="teamacid/android_device_samsung_galaxys4gmtd" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" 
    <project path="vendor/samsung" name="teamacid/proprietary_vendor_samsung" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
    <project path="kernel/samsung/aries" name="teamacid/niltmt_kernel" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />

</manifest>

Do these steps to get it working (from the root of the source tree)
Code:
mkdir -p .repo/local_manifests/
editor .repo/local_manifests/teamacid.xml
Paste in the manifest xml from above and save the file
Then do another repo sync
Continue the guide but replace all the steps that say vibrantmtd with galaxys4gmtd

You SHOULD get a working cm11 zip in an hour or two on a fast computer.

Reactions: lumin30

ariesgodofwar

Jun 10, 2010
Fenton
Android Wear
OnePlus 6T
Awesome FB, so very much appreciated. If you had not run across it yet, it seems Development Settings in the Settings menu is borked. Anyone else getting a FC when you attempt to open? Advanced Settings FCs too under Settings -> Display & Light -> Advanced Settings

Last edited:

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
Any mirrors?
The Link says:

An error occurred during download. Please try again.

Details:
An error occurred while creating security connection to www.fernandob.com.

What are you using to download the file? If you're using a fairly recent browser (like firefox) you won't have any problems.

I have disabled a lot of ciphers on my site's SSL config. I think I may just make a subdomain with no SSL to host the files to prevent this though. Hang tight I'll have some links that will work for everyone soon.

For now a recent version of Android with a recent browser (chrome, naked browser, firefox) will let you download it straight to your phone.

DerPuGNa

May 11, 2013
Tayabas City
What are you using to download the file? If you're using a fairly recent browser (like firefox) you won't have any problems.

I have disabled a lot of ciphers on my site's SSL config. I think I may just make a subdomain with no SSL to host the files to prevent this though. Hang tight I'll have some links that will work for everyone soon.

For now a recent version of Android with a recent browser (chrome, naked browser, firefox) will let you download it straight to your phone.

IDM sir, uhm, so i disable this first and try to DL it via web later, Thanks anyway.:highfive:

daothanhduy1996

Mar 31, 2012
Hochiminh City
IDM sir, uhm, so i disable this first and try to DL it via web later, Thanks anyway.:highfive:

Hmmm, that's weird coz I did always download w IDM from fernandob w/o any problem tho :/ have u updated it or so (even tho I haven't updated it for ages but it might help somehow I guess :p)

Anw, glad to be #UNITED :p (@acid-ers)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
Hmmm, that's weird coz I did always download w IDM from fernandob w/o any problem tho :/ have u updated it or so (even tho I haven't updated it for ages but it might help somehow I guess :p)

Anw, glad to be #UNITED :p (@acid-ers)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I made a new domain name (http://files.fernandob.com/) that will contain all the files without using SSL.

Whatever she was trying to download it with didn't like the ciphers my web server had available so she got that error. Anyway the new domain doesn't use SSL.

DarkVal0r

Jun 12, 2014
works better than every rom ive used before this besides F4k, which it equals performance/smoothness wise. even for some retarded games i play lol. good frikin job dude. made this account just to tell you that. but was an avid visitor previously

Mafworld

Apr 6, 2013
La Ceiba
HTC One (m7)
Sprint HTC One
hi buddy, this rom is amazing and works great but I think grace was gone when you remove the cyanogenmod native apps in the build 20140612-UNOFFICIAL-galaxys4gmtd, about performance is so perfect, but please add back the cyanogenmod native apps because this is not cyanogenmod without original apps :( in another i will back to the bored and slow slimsaber rom :'(

Last edited:

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com

Your icon and username are misleading :D

hi buddy, this rom is amazing and works great but I think grace was gone when you remove the cyanogenmod native apps in the build 20140612-UNOFFICIAL-galaxys4gmtd, about performance is so perfect, but please add back the cyanogenmod native apps because this is not cyanogenmod without original apps :( in another i will back to the bored and slow slimsaber rom :'(

I don't plan on putting them back. I'll probably make a separate zip file with them but I believe they're not essential for the rom to function.

As a temporary work around flash the first zip that's available from the downloads page, then flash the latest version, that way you get the apps that would've been missing.

Reactions: CSP III and lumin30

DickyG

Mar 30, 2013
Virginia
Just to make sure...

Currently on Beanstalk 4.4.2...I'm assuming I can do full wipes, then flash with TWRP. Don't need to go back to GB and start over, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM11 is its own beast.

TWRP 2.6.3.0
    * You can now do backups of EFS directly in the TWRP interface. These get made by default when you do a regular backup.
    Compiled with Linaro 4.7
    All source code will be easily available so you can do your own build
    GPS, bluetooth (I have only tested file transfers), video playback, camcorder, camera

Luckily for us, with the 4.4.3 release the CM team made sure that their rom would run great on devices with only 512 mb of RAM (like ours). So this should feel fairly smooth.
    Somewhere down the line I'm gonna release a trimmed rom that has removed apps (like wallpapers) that aren't necessary to keep the ROM working but I have a lot of other plans before this.

WHOA IS THAT A DOWNLOAD LINK?
    https://www.fernandob.com/files/android/sgs4g/cm11/cm-11-20140610-UNOFFICIAL-galaxys4gmtd.zip

You should install minimal GAPPS to go wit that ROM:
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358541495
    Just an update:

One flash from BML is now working, so if you have a stock rooted KJ6 with CMW5 on your SGS4G, you only need to flash the ROM zip once for it to install.

I'm using TWRP 2.6.3.0 in the builds, although I guess I can release a CWW version of the boot.img too.

Huge thanks to @sunsurfer42 (for the two (2) dev phones he sent me) and @daothanhduy1996 (for his source trees) for making this happen.

Hang tight, I'll have a public release soon. PM me for testing.
    Android 4.4.4 was released earlier today, the CM team has updated their repositories to include this code.
    Android 4.4.4 is mostly bugfixes including a fix for the nasty CVE-2014-0224 OpenSSL issue discovered recently

See here for more info:
    https://funkyandroid.com/aosp-KTU84M-KTU84P.html

New build is online:
    Screenshot_2014-06-19-20-11-33.png

The new build contains all the applications I had removed recently. Notice that the ROM size is a little bigger too. I'll explain more on why this is when I do a dev thread release of the ROM.
    For now, grab it here:
    http://files.fernandob.com/#sgs4g/roms/cm11
    (cm-11-20140620-UNOFFICIAL-galaxys4gmtd.zip)

EDIT

You can grab a copy of Banks' gapps here:
    (I prefer the minimal gapps, it gives you the Play Store and you can install everything else yourself)
    http://files.fernandob.com/#gapps/4.4
    New build is up, grab it from here:
    http://files.fernandob.com/#sgs4g/roms/cm11
    (cm-11-20140619-UNOFFICIAL-galaxys4gmtd.zip)
    Test it out and report back please.