Stock 3.30.651.2 PC36IMG.ZIP Format

Search This thread

weidnerj

May 24, 2010
Phone: HTC Evo
Requirement: NAND unlock S-OFF (this allows for unsigned ROM)
Format: PC36IMG.ZIP
Radio: 9.01
hboot: 2.02.0000
recovery: clockworkMod 2.5.0.1
WIMAX: 26023
PRI Version: 1.77_003
Wipes all user data: YES
Rooted: Yes
Link: http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/278989/PC36IMG-zip.html

How to install: Download the file from the link above and and rename it from [Megafileupload]PC36IMG.zip to PC36IMG.zip. Place the file "PC36IMG.ZIP" file on the root of the SD-CARD. Power down the phone. Power up the phone while holding down the volume down button. The phone will prompt you to install a new rom, follow the prompts and reboot after flashing.

Purpose:
To create a current base rom to flash other roms without starting at the 1.47 PC36IMG.zip version.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage to your phone! Please do a nano backup prior to using this rom. This definately is a test rom, worked perfectly for myself, but not tested by anyone else. If you have any problems, boot into recovery and restore your nano backup.

Acknowledgments:
All the developers that have shared their hard work on XDA!

Note: You can unzip the file, remove the modules like ClockWorksMod or hboot then rezip the file as PC36IMG.zip to prevent those portions from being installed if you prefer.

Last edited:

Karadorde

Aug 27, 2010
Sugar Creek
Just to Clarify: (not that your directions weren't clear, just want to make sure there are no hiccups for anyone.):D

The phone will scan for and find the image.
It will take a little while to load. Should have a blue status bar to the right.
Do you want to start update? Volume Up: Yes
Once it is finished: Do you want to reboot device? Volume Up: Yes

weidnerj

May 24, 2010
uberlemur let me know how it works for you. Like I said I only tested it on my phone. But I am confident that it will work, or I wouldn't have tried it on my own phone.

Karadorde, thanks for the more detailed instructions.

Karadorde

Aug 27, 2010
Sugar Creek
uberlemur let me know how it works for you. Like I said I only tested it on my phone. But I am confident that it will work, or I wouldn't have tried it on my own phone.

Yours were fine and it is pretty self explanatory, but I know doing things through HBoot can sometimes be daunting for those who have never tried it.

mendez_v

Oct 10, 2008
Just wanted to clarify if flashing this IMG with the .79 hboot will re lock Nand protection. I've used Toasts part 1&2 and yet skeptical about using unrevoked forever.

weidnerj

May 24, 2010
Here is a picture of my Evo screen. I had used unrevoked forever prior to flashing the rom.

Attachments

• DSC01954.jpg
    DSC01954.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 2,422

mendez_v

Oct 10, 2008
Here is a picture of my Evo screen. I had used unrevoked forever prior to flashing the rom.

The reason why I asked is that when rooting a new EVO,the radio, pri and wimax partitions get downgraded(using the traditional root method). With this, you can revert to the most current partitions all in a single flash including the Rom base instead of multiple flashes correct ??

weidnerj

May 24, 2010
You are correct, as long as you have ran the unrevoked forever to turn off the NAND unlock S-OFF prior to installing this ROM so that you can flash unsigned ROMs. This ROM has root built into it, so it would be just one step process to flash with this rom to have the latest of everything yet still have root.

mendez_v

Oct 10, 2008
You are correct, as long as you have ran the unrevoked forever to turn off the NAND unlock S-OFF prior to installing this ROM so that you can flash unsigned ROMs. This ROM has root built into it, so it would be just one step process to flash with this rom to have the latest of everything yet still have root.

Thanks. My only question now is can I expect the same results if I obtained S-OFF through Toasts part 2, simple root or any other method other than unrevoked?

peepeesea

Apr 7, 2008
noob here... in a bit of a bind

i did this update and it gave me this message
[5] BOOT Fail-pu

now the phone just goes to a back screen with green writing
ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.1

what did i do?!?!?

weidnerj

May 24, 2010
Or if trying it again fails, you can boot into recovery and restore your nano backup. The part that failed is the system, but clockworkmod is still here.

uberlemur

Aug 21, 2010

The first time I tried I got a Fail-PU message for the boot partition. I'm pretty sure that's my phone's fault though, as the boot partition has been acting screwed up for days. (Not coincidentally, this is the reason I was looking for a complete PC36IMG.zip).

I flashed it a second time though, and all was well. Thanks again.

weidnerj

May 24, 2010
uberlemur thanks for the feedback.

Hopefully peepeesea was able to get it to work or able to restore the old nano backup...

So I guess that means that I have had 2 successful installations. LOL