[RECOVERY][MOD][Desire][02-Nov-2011] Clockwork 5.0.2.7.111102

Search This thread

Sebby

Jun 15, 2010
Doetinchem
But with my version, it doesn't work? Could you please try it and then check the log in the advanced menu to see what went wrong? ;)

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

no i have been testing a new recovery from the desire s ext4recovery to work on my desire the guy is working on it to fix the little bugs so no i dont wan't to flash a other recovery

i am done for today ....sorry.....:(

Nuntius

May 20, 2010
But with my version, it doesn't work? Could you please try it and then check the log in the advanced menu to see what went wrong? ;)

No problem formatting through a full wipe but there's an error formatting SD-Ext only (via mountage and storage).

Last edited:
Reactions: zyonee

zyonee

Nov 13, 2009
Stockholm
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 8 Pro
No problem formatting through a full wipe but there's an error formatting SD-Ext only (via mountage and storage).

Ok, then at least I know what to look for. Maybe it's the binary that isn't working, since the "full wipe" you're talking about most likely merely removes directories and files, while the formatting option actually runs a format binary.

Just my guess. I'll see if it can be fixed.

zyonee

Nov 13, 2009
Stockholm
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 8 Pro
roalex: I discovered that in mmcutils/mmcutils.c, the file system parameter for mkfs.ext4 is written as -t ext4, but when running mkfs.ext4, it's listed as -T (capital letter). Does this make any difference? It seems people have been having trouble formatting from the "mounts and storage" menu, and maybe this is the cause?

roalex

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 29, 2009
Bucuresti
roalex: I discovered that in mmcutils/mmcutils.c, the file system parameter for mkfs.ext4 is written as -t ext4, but when running mkfs.ext4, it's listed as -T (capital letter). Does this make any difference? It seems people have been having trouble formatting from the "mounts and storage" menu, and maybe this is the cause?

did you remove NULL ext3 from fstab ? i didnt look to much as the syntax since it worked, if it works on my build it should work on yours :)

-T looks proper though since its what it says

this is the fstab.recovery i use

--------- beginning of /dev/log/system

I/Vold ( 104): xVold 2.1.3.2 (Revenge of the Sith) firing up

D/Vold ( 104): Volume sdcard (/mnt/sdcard) state changing -1 (Initializing) -> 0 (No-Media)

D/Vold ( 104): Volume sdcard (/sd-ext) state changing -1 (Initializing) -> 0 (No-Media)

D/Vold ( 104): Volume sdcard (/mnt/sdcard) state changing 0 (No-Media) -> 2 (Pending)

D/Vold ( 104): Volume sdcard (/sd-ext) state changing 0 (No-Media) -> 2 (Pending)

D/Vold ( 104): Volume sdcard (/mnt/sdcard) state changing 2 (Pending) -> 1 (Idle-Unmounted)

D/Vold ( 104): Volume sdcard (/sd-ext) state changing 2 (Pending) -> 1 (Idle-Unmounted)

I/Vold ( 104): Trying to mount /sd-ext

I/Vold ( 104): /dev/block/vold/179:2 being considered for volume sdcard

D/Vold ( 104): Volume sdcard (/sd-ext) state changing 1 (Idle-Unmounted) -> 3 (Checking)
I/Vold ( 104): Filesystem check completed OK

I/Vold ( 104): Creating /sd-ext/app

I/Vold ( 104): Creating /sd-ext/app-private

I/Vold ( 104): Creating /sd-ext/dalvik-cache

I/Vold ( 104): Creating /sd-ext/data

I/Vold ( 104): Device /dev/block/vold/179:2 mounted @ /sd-ext

D/Vold ( 104): Volume sdcard (/sd-ext) state changing 3 (Checking) -> 4 (Mounted)

I/Vold ( 104): System properties set

works well for me with -T as well id change it if i were you

Attachments

• recovery.fstab.txt
    261 bytes · Views: 10
Last edited:
Reactions: zyonee

zyonee

Nov 13, 2009
Stockholm
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 8 Pro
did you remove NULL ext3 from fstab ? i didnt look to much as the syntax since it worked, if it works on my build it should work on yours :)

-T looks proper though since its what it says

this is the fstab.recovery i use

--------- beginning of /dev/log/system

I/Vold ( 104): xVold 2.1.3.2 (Revenge of the Sith) firing up

D/Vold ( 104): Volume sdcard (/mnt/sdcard) state changing -1 (Initializing) -> 0 (No-Media)

D/Vold ( 104): Volume sdcard (/sd-ext) state changing -1 (Initializing) -> 0 (No-Media)

D/Vold ( 104): Volume sdcard (/mnt/sdcard) state changing 0 (No-Media) -> 2 (Pending)

D/Vold ( 104): Volume sdcard (/sd-ext) state changing 0 (No-Media) -> 2 (Pending)

D/Vold ( 104): Volume sdcard (/mnt/sdcard) state changing 2 (Pending) -> 1 (Idle-Unmounted)

D/Vold ( 104): Volume sdcard (/sd-ext) state changing 2 (Pending) -> 1 (Idle-Unmounted)

I/Vold ( 104): Trying to mount /sd-ext

I/Vold ( 104): /dev/block/vold/179:2 being considered for volume sdcard

D/Vold ( 104): Volume sdcard (/sd-ext) state changing 1 (Idle-Unmounted) -> 3 (Checking)
I/Vold ( 104): Filesystem check completed OK

I/Vold ( 104): Creating /sd-ext/app

I/Vold ( 104): Creating /sd-ext/app-private

I/Vold ( 104): Creating /sd-ext/dalvik-cache

I/Vold ( 104): Creating /sd-ext/data

I/Vold ( 104): Device /dev/block/vold/179:2 mounted @ /sd-ext

D/Vold ( 104): Volume sdcard (/sd-ext) state changing 3 (Checking) -> 4 (Mounted)

I/Vold ( 104): System properties set

works well for me with -T as well id change it if i were you

Aha! I thought "NULL ext3" was needed for backward compatibility. How about other devices like Desire HD, LG Optimus 2X and Nexus S? Should they have the "NULL ext3" flags? I just want to get everything working properly on all these devices (and maybe more):

ace (Desire HD)
bravo (Desire)
buzz (Wildfire)
crespo (Nexus S)
p990 (Optimus 2X)
passion (Nexus One)

and I appreciate all your help very much! :D

roalex

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 29, 2009
Bucuresti
Even when people are using ext3 partitions? I just want to be sure. :)

I just hope that it will also apply to system and data partitions on devices where these are also ext4 like nexus s, etc.

this is made for Desire and others nand devices so not for those you speak of, for those you need to use the builtin features.

ferrarinews

Oct 15, 2006
Hi.
If in the recovery, I go to "mounts and storage", then "format /sd.ext" gives a error. Is that normal?
Thanks.

Sebby

Jun 15, 2010
Doetinchem
hello zyonee

the new recovery is working:D
-restore works:D
-backup works:D
-format boot cache data system sd-ext working:D
-and it is still ext4

if you wipe the battery stats you now see
deleting /data/system/batterystats.bin
now you can see that the file is delete (loving it):D

i have pulled the recovery.log file

Attachments

• recovery-log.rar
    2.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

teorouge

Jul 29, 2008
Trento
I can confirm that, latest recovery looks like it's working. Full wipe + dalvik + battery stats done, now I'm flashing a new ROM so I won't backup/restore nandroid.

zyonee

Nov 13, 2009
Stockholm
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 8 Pro
Glad to hear the positive reports! Should work the same way on Wildfire and Nexus One. Now let's hope I can get things working for Desire HD and Optimus 2X without breaking stuff for you guys.... :)

Reactions: escape21

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First of all, this is not my work. I only compiled it.

This is the usual ClockworkMod recovery, compiled from the CM7 sources with additions/modifications by j_r0dd. What I've done is only to compile it for the HTC Desire. For details, check out the link to j_r0dd's original thread for the Nexus S.

The credits go to Koush for the recovery itself and to j_r0dd for the modifications.

j_r0dd said:
    This is based on the latest CM7 source which I modified for myself. I take no credit for the recovery whatsoever, but I will take all the blame for my mods . We all know this is Koush's hard work. Just some things were driving me crazy personally. First was the confirmation menu. I really got sick of scrolling through all those "No"s just to flash something, so i changed it for me personally and just thought I would share. I also created a proper wipe menu. I got sick of some wipes in the main menu and the rest in the "advanced" menu. I made this more Amon_RA like. See the attached screenshot for my changes. That change has led to a few others by me. flash with fastboot or flash_image. THESE ARE NOT IN ROM MANAGER. Also if you have an issue with this take it up with me NOT Koush.

Original Nexus S thread with changelog here.

Download:
    recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.7.111102-j_r0dd_mod-bravo.zip
    (old) recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.7.111027-j_r0dd_mod-bravo.zip

Change log:

02-Nov-2011 (v5.0.2.7):
    • Merged 5.0.2.7 sources from CM7 repo again (some bugfixes)
    • Added option to wipe cache partition and dalvik cache at the same time
    27-Oct-2011 (v5.0.2.7):
    • Merged 5.0.2.7 sources from CM7 repo (support for internal/external sdcard in backup/restore)
    07-Oct-2011 (v5.0.2.6):
    • Rearranged wipe menu to avoid accidental factory wipes
    • Added "Reboot Bootloader"
    • Moved SD Card partitioning into a function of its own for both int/ext SD card
    • Merged 5.0.2.6 sources from CM7 repo
    • Added a menu choice of ext2/ext3/ext4 when partitioning SD card
    25-Sep-2011 (v5.0.2.3):
    • Updated to j_r0dd's 5.0.2.3 version. Currently no changes made by myself.
    17-Jun-2011 (v4.0.0.5):
    • Moved the "Wipe data/factory reset" to the bottom of the wipe menu to reduce the risk of accidental factory wipes.
    19-Jun-2011 (v4.0.0.5):
    • Added "Reboot bootloader" option in advanced menu.
    • Added the ext4 modifications kindly supplied by roalex. Needs testing. Please make a proper nandroid backup with a proven working recovery version before trying this.
    20-Jun-2011 (v4.0.0.5):
    • Added "Show log" in the advanced menu. This can help when reporting errors here. Use it. :)
    21-Jun-2011 (v4.0.0.5.z110621):
    • Reverted and correctly added roalex's ext4 additions.
    • Modified recovery.fstab for ext4 support on some devices.
    23-Jun-2011 (v4.0.0.5.z110623):
    • Removed NULL ext3 in recovery.fstab to hopefully get ext4 working properly.
    06-Jul-2011 (v4.0.0.5.z110706):
    • Added "Advanced backup". Now you can backup/restore individual partitions.
    • Some other commits from other devs in github
    • Changed file limit from 10000 to 50000 in unyaffs. Should help when restoring large data partitions fails.
    17-Jul-2011 (v4.0.1.0.110717):
    • Rebased completely on j_r0dd's 4.0.1.0 source and removed roalex's ext4 additions, as it wasn't working for everyone. Now trying with the original ext4 support which is included in CWM.
    20-Jul-2011 (v4.0.1.4.110720):
    • Bug fixes

Disclaimer
    These recoveries are compiled using the latest commits from koush, j_r0dd and others. That means they haven't been thoroughly tested and might have minor/major issues. I take no responsibility for any damages this thing might cause, but most things should work as intended. If you want something guaranteed to work, I think you should stick with one of the older versions.

Source code available here.
    New version (4.0.0.5.z110623) uploaded. This should hopefully get ext4 working. Please test wiping, formatting, backup and restore with ext4 partition.
    about the ext4 thingy, its true if recovery.fstab is set to ext4 it will format ext4 but its meant for devices which use internal sdcards so it will not work properly for a2sdext, after 1 reboot it will die ><

if its set to ext3 in fstab it will work fine, but on every wipe/format your sd-ext will be ext3 again :)

so i played around a bit with this sources and i managed to make it wipe/format ext4 properly.

im using this fstab:

# mount point fstype device [device2]

/boot mtd boot
    /cache yaffs2 cache
    /data yaffs2 userdata
    /recovery mtd recovery
    /sdcard vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /dev/block/mmcblk0
    /system yaffs2 system
    /sd-ext ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p2

*we really don't want MISC in there.

my changed are located here , only the last 4 commits are needed, the others simply some tryouts which i reverted.

btw the ext4 format logic i added is pretty much Cool's Alignment script :)

for the brave ppl added a build as well.
    Ok, so here goes. I'm making a new attempt. Rebased everything on j_r0dd's current 4.0.1.0, but without roalex's ext4 additions. See original post.
    anybody have a changelog for v5? cant find one anywhere!

I think it'll be avaliable on github once koush pushes the update to his repo. Until then, look for @koush and @clockworkmod on Twitter for some news.