Will sony update straight to 4.4.3 in May?

Search This thread

james_lpool

Apr 25, 2012
Liverpool
I'm just wondering, because its taken so long for Sony to release 4.4.2 when most other devices have had it for ages already, may sony just update out tablets straight to 4.4.3 instead of 4.4.2, and if now can we expect to wait another 6 months or more before they release 4.4.3?

Only ask because 4.4.2 has known issues and is the reason most others are updating to 4.4.3 soon but we havn't even got 4.4.2 yet anyway, unlike most others that have nbeen have the little bugs like the camera battery drain issue.

James

reptile64

Aug 7, 2008
Thessaloniki
No they will give us just 4.4.2 and they will expect to say thank you too! This will be our last update! 12-13 months of support just like many other devices!

nec_d

Jun 6, 2010
i dont have the same opinion. My tablet Z wifi is sucking tons of battery giving me suspend_backoff wakelocks and not deep sleeps. In the same network ,nexus 5 is sleeping like a baby.

tullnd

Aug 12, 2010
Considering 4.4.3 isn't even officially launched yet, and is rumored to launch sometime in May...that would indicate that Sony does not yet even HAVE 4.4.3 to work with.

So no, unless they've mastered time travel, I don't see how they could possibly release 4.4.3 in May. My guess is we'll never see 4.4.3 on the Tablet Z. However, the next major release is entirely possible. A 4.5 or 5.0 release is entirely possible around end of 3rd quarter from Google(maybe announced in late June at Google I/O, released a month or two later). Maybe they could have it ready 3 months of so after release. I wouldn't be surprised if this tablet sees at least one more major update after this 4.4.2 release in May. That following one may be the last though.

Reactions: reptile64

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Considering 4.4.3 isn't even officially launched yet, and is rumored to launch sometime in May...that would indicate that Sony does not yet even HAVE 4.4.3 to work with.

So no, unless they've mastered time travel, I don't see how they could possibly release 4.4.3 in May. My guess is we'll never see 4.4.3 on the Tablet Z. However, the next major release is entirely possible. A 4.5 or 5.0 release is entirely possible around end of 3rd quarter from Google(maybe announced in late June at Google I/O, released a month or two later). Maybe they could have it ready 3 months of so after release. I wouldn't be surprised if this tablet sees at least one more major update after this 4.4.2 release in May. That following one may be the last though.