Wifi Calling with Unlocked Note 10+ (AT&T)

Search This thread

rysal

Nov 27, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
I'm not sure if this is supported, I can't seem to get much help from AT&T, but I purchased an unlocked Note 10+ from Samsung. I do not have WiFi Calling which is a crucial feature since my office has terrible reception and I use the phone for work.

Is this something I should be able to get working with help from my carrier or is this ROM/build specific? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

kat3k

Nov 22, 2010
I'm not sure if this is supported, I can't seem to get much help from AT&T, but I purchased an unlocked Note 10+ from Samsung. I do not have WiFi Calling which is a crucial feature since my office has terrible reception and I use the phone for work.

Is this something I should be able to get working with help from my carrier or is this ROM/build specific? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Along with one or two pros, I found this to be one of the cons in using an unlocked phone with Verizon a couple of years ago, along with no notifications. I spent countless hours over several days on the phone with Samsung and Verizon before finding out this was a known (by Samsung) issue. I returned mine and got the Verizon branded one. Things may have changed since then, but it cured me of the unlocked version, especially since contracts have fallen by the wayside. If they can't resolve the WiFi calling, Samsung should allow you to return it. I hope someone else has a solution for you.

TechGoon954

Jan 25, 2011
Fort Laudrdale

I Tried flashing the AT&T firmware N975U1UEU1ASH4 from Sammobile and sill no wifi calling.

Reactions: AnyUserNamesLeft

TXFLGO05

Nov 7, 2011
san antonio
I am in the same boat. Just out of curiosity what does the service provider SW ver. look like? Mine shows ATT/ATT/XAA

Still no wifi calling or carrier specific options...it's kind of strange that these phones provision the features when you put a sim card in.

I called both At&t and Samsung who were equally less than helpful.

I am looking back to some of the S8+ forums about CSC swapping because I feel like that might be a starting place...

luckyfate

Dec 8, 2015
I Tried flashing the AT&T firmware N975U1UEU1ASH4 from Sammobile and sill no wifi calling.

You downloaded N975U1 unlocked rom, it was still rom for unlocked note 10 not AT&T or variant note 10. If you want full AT&T features like wifi calling, video calling..you should download and odin this firmware N975USQU1ASH4 which is AT&T Variant N975U. I am still on unlocked Galaxy note 9 N960U1 and I odin Verizon note 9 SM-N960U on my unlocked Galaxy note 9. The ROM works with every carrier anyway.

Reactions: AnyUserNamesLeft

TechGoon954

Jan 25, 2011
Fort Laudrdale

You downloaded N975U1 unlocked rom, it was still rom for unlocked note 10 not AT&T or variant note 10. If you want full AT&T features like wifi calling, video calling..you should download and odin this firmware N975USQU1ASH4 which is AT&T Variant N975U. I am still on unlocked Galaxy note 9 N960U1 and I odin Verizon note 9 SM-N960U on my unlocked Galaxy note 9. The ROM works with every carrier anyway.

Okay , I got my WIFI calling . This is the correct one to download and flash......... DO NOT Download the one that says AT&T it's going to just flash the same N975U1. Good luck:good:

rmrl2008

Jun 17, 2015
I'm thinking about doing this. Will flashing the at&t firmware wipe the phone? Articles I've read says it doesn't. Is that correct?

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

Also can someone confirm the correct at&t firmware for the Note 10? Also use the USA(USC) version?

rmrl2008

Jun 17, 2015
I just flashed the regular Note 10. Still no wifi calling. In the Service Provider SW ver, it says ATT/ATT/XAA so I believe I've flashed the ATT firmware?

Baseband version
N970UIUEUIASH4
Service provider SW ver.
SAOMC SM-N970UI_OYM_ATT_PP_0030
R58M81758ZM
ATT/ATT/XAA

Last edited:

johnny5126

Feb 5, 2007
I just flashed to N970USQU1ASH4, and got the AT&T bloat and wifi calling, but theres no cellular service anymore. I tried flashing back, but now am getting a model mismatch error. I dont know what to do anymore.

rmrl2008

Jun 17, 2015
Hmm I did the same thing. I flashed both the att and usc firmwares. Odin said pass but I didn't see any difference. I used the home_csc file though. I didn't want to wipe my phone before knowing whether I used the right firmware.

rmrl2008

Jun 17, 2015
Well my model number still says U1. So does that mean that me flashing both the USC and ATT firmwares did nothing?

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

I understand what you're asking me now. No I used the u1 firmwares.

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Did you get your phone working? I'm hesitant to give the U firmware a try now.

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Reading another thread, did you first boot up with an att sim card before flashing? I believe you have to do that first.

dustin85

Nov 11, 2013
Ota updates

Will the OTA updates work after flashing the att stuff? I know theres a new firmware but the phone is saying it's up to date.

Nov 4, 2014
I'm having a problem with this too. I flashed the USC version and got the ATT Bloat, but when I try to enable wifi calling I get "Oops! Wi-Fi Calling can't be turned on right now. Please call 611 or 800-901-9878 for assistance. (APP0008) Can anyone help?

Is it possible they are locking Wifi calling based on IEMI?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Okay , I got my WIFI calling . This is the correct one to download and flash......... DO NOT Download the one that says AT&T it's going to just flash the same N975U1. Good luck:good:

Thank you! I was able to successfully flash with this ROM and now have the AT&T features I was missing!
    Same thing here flashed "U" firmware coming from "U1" wifi calling tick is there but upon turning it on get an error message. ATT support says my IMEI is not a supported device. I see its been a few months since any activity on this thread. Instead of starting a new one anyone have a surefire answer for a fix? Can I take this phone to Verizon or T-Mobile and have wifi calling with a new sim card? Thanks for any help.