Install Button Disabled in Package installer

Search This thread

Cyb0rgz

Jan 2, 2012
Chennai
Hi all,
Install Button disabled in Package installer screen.

I was using applanet application, suddenly I got the same
problem while installing 'Tasker'. Once I uninstalled
applanet, the problem has been solved. Again, I tried to
install any apk from file manager, 'install' button is
disabled.
I'm unable to install any app

Just Hope Xda guys can help me on this. Please help me
guys!

PS: After Rebooting the device, some of my apps are
missed out!! i.e., the Application installed via market also
got deleted. Then, Removed the battery and powered it
up, the Missed Application appeared again. its weired!

Cant find the root cause of this problem.

Can somebody help me on this please
Ta!
Cyborgz
Htc incredible s
Stock ROM- Android 2.3.5/Sense 3.0

eoghan2t7

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 18, 2011
Belfast
OPPO Find X2 Pro
OPPO Find X5 Pro
I found a fix today I have had this problem for 2 months and today decided to fix it at all costs here's what I did.

Go to settings>applications>manage applications>all

Look for media storage and select it now you click clear data job done I haven't rebooted to see if it sticks after reboot but it hopefully will ;)

Sent from my Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Cyb0rgz

Cyb0rgz

Jan 2, 2012
Chennai
Thanks for your response. Great!! I just followed your steps and Rebooted my devices and its WORKING!!

Many thanks for getting things resolved. Its been the major problem with my device.

I Tried googling and found in many forums that its due to some unsigned apps that causing the problem. Just wondered, how clearing the media contents resolved this one.

Could you please provide the scene behind media storage and please let me know hoe could this solves the issue.

eoghan2t7

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 18, 2011
Belfast
OPPO Find X2 Pro
OPPO Find X5 Pro
Thanks for your response. Great!! I just followed your steps and Rebooted my devices and its WORKING!!

Many thanks for getting things resolved. Its been the major problem with my device.

I Tried googling and found in many forums that its due to some unsigned apps that causing the problem. Just wondered, how clearing the media contents resolved this one.

Could you please provide the scene behind media storage and please let me know hoe could this solves the issue.

im currently researching the media storage app because i dont no exactly what it does just but as a guess its what controls the android os in detecting free space etc. As soon as i find a definite answer i will reply here ;)

Cyb0rgz

Jan 2, 2012
Chennai
im currently researching the media storage app because i dont no exactly what it does just but as a guess its what controls the android os in detecting free space etc. As soon as i find a definite answer i will reply here ;)

Hi There, It seems like temporary fix for this issue. When the media app has some data in it, this problem reproduced. is there any permanent way to get rid of it?

Am in GB2.3.5, very sooner, i will get ICS 4.0.4 in my device. will that solve this problem?

Kindly help me..

pedroj111

Feb 13, 2010
install touch boton disable

CONGRATULATIONS, You really are great, clear media data solved the problem even without rebooting.

I have been surfing for a solutin wihout succes till I founded this Foto.

THANKS. thanks I meet your comments.

Do not give up and find the root cause.

PedroJ111.

orangecone

Feb 16, 2009
my solution

I use an app called screen filter at night to darken my screen. I have found that the install button won't function when screen filter is engaged, disengage it and the install
button works again.

Reactions: daniny and Walmiki

Zeuszoos

Aug 9, 2012
Thanks, I had the same problem, solved now after disabling the screen filter.
Here's the thing for me though... I don't use a screen filter. I have always just used the display timer in the device's settings. And I do have "Unknown Sources" enabled. It just stopped working though.

I tried the Media Storage fix, but it didn't work, before or after rebooting.

See signature for device, Rooted, running KitKat 4.4.4

Thank you!

Zeuszoos

Aug 9, 2012
Here's the thing for me though... I don't use a screen filter. I have always just used the display timer in the device's settings. And I do have "Unknown Sources" enabled. It just stopped working though.

I tried the Media Storage fix, but it didn't work, before or after rebooting.

See signature for device, Rooted, running KitKat 4.4.4

Thank you!
UPDATE: Figured it out! Of all things, it was a Clipboard app that I recently installed, called "Copy Bubble". Thanks though! :)

=dgim=

Apr 18, 2010
I had the same situation, I mean when I tried to install any apps with unknown source I had active cancel button and inactive install button.
After wipe and install clean rom everything was OK so I was sure that issue was by my installed apps. In this case: Lux Auto Brithness. After freezing this apps - install button is active.

@raul

Jan 13, 2018
Kop
Screen filtering apps causes this issue.
I believe they add layer and android disables INSTALL considering security..

If clearing data for media storage seems like temporary fix, then no permanent fix(?) is there instead removing the app thats causing the screen overlay (Unless devs find one and they will):good:
In my case it was EDGE MASK app's rounded corners effect that was causing issue.. Disabled it and worked..

Google for screen filtering apps and find your's..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    my solution

I use an app called screen filter at night to darken my screen. I have found that the install button won't function when screen filter is engaged, disengage it and the install
    button works again.
    button works again.

Thanks, I had the same problem, solved now after disabling the screen filter.
    I found a fix today I have had this problem for 2 months and today decided to fix it at all costs here's what I did.

Go to settings>applications>manage applications>all

Look for media storage and select it now you click clear data job done I haven't rebooted to see if it sticks after reboot but it hopefully will ;)

Sent from my Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2