[SOLVED] How do you port Armv7 Roms to an Armv6 Device?

Search This thread

xnan

Jun 17, 2012
Tuticorin
Yeah I know. Lens_Flare knows it.

Yes I have done a lot of successful ARMv7 to ARMv6 porting. If you're following my guide to do this type of porting, you need extra info.

You're cool.. Yes Peteragent5 I'm following your guide to port ROMs. I'm succeeded porting ARMv6 ROMs to ARMv6 by your guide. Thanks for your guide :D What kind of additional info I need to know ? I followed your How to port Stock/GB/CM7/CM9/ICS/CM10/JB Based ROMs guide then flashed the ROM but it got struck in kernel logo. I don't know whats wrong. :eek:

Peteragent5

Jan 1, 2012
Richmond
You're cool.. Yes Peteragent5 I'm following your guide to port ROMs. I'm succeeded porting ARMv6 ROMs to ARMv6 by your guide. Thanks for your guide :D What kind of additional info I need to know ? I followed your How to port Stock/GB/CM7/CM9/ICS/CM10/JB Based ROMs guide then flashed the ROM but it got struck in kernel logo. I don't know whats wrong. :eek:

P.M me or any big name devs

Reactions: xnan

Hikari

Mar 3, 2012
Sarajevo
Ive ported ARMv7 to 6 too.. The main thing you need to learn is smali diffing and patching! After that you mostly find errors causing bootloop from logcat, find the smalis which give those errors and add missing stuff from stock to port... Youll find lots of useful info about this in the guide by LF I gave you..

Reactions: xnan

neothegod

Sep 11, 2011
So I try to get Galaxy S Roms ported to my Galaxy Gio.
Ex. Miui GB
But all I get is a blank screen that says android (it hangs).
I'm thinking it has something to do with framework or the libs that makes Armv7 not work on Armv6
Anyone with knowledge, please help

----Edit-------
It's possible!!!!

After like, 5+ Months, I've figured it out.

Very special thanks to my friend dhk.- for shedding some light on me on how to port a Armv7 Rom to Armv6 shown HERE in his MIUI Port

Also very special thanks to my friend CoolCatGetHome for explaining this to me very brief that no one can understand LOL in this THREAD

Also thanks to nims11 who helped me a lot!
You need to add missing methods in framework. Logcat using DDMS
(P.M others for more info...)

Can you estimate - how many missing methods are there to be replaced. I have working on smali for about a week now. One error goes and another throws up as if it is never ending. Anyway to find all missing methods in one go?

Top Liked Posts