[Recovery]【T210R & T210】 Unofficial CWM Adv. Edition PhilZ Touch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
This is an old unofficial version. Please go to THIS thread for the updated, official version.

All information below this line pertains to the old, unofficial version. Use the link above to get the official version.

Updated (v2) Slow recovery bootup fixed.

This is an unofficial version of CWM Advanced/PhilZ Touch recovery. Main thread located HERE. Go to the main thread to learn about all the features.

It uses the zImage and ramdisk provided by @ketut.kumajaya with a few tweaks to get it working made by myself.

Please take a moment to say thanks and/or donate to @ketut.kumajaya for helping us out.

It takes a few seconds longer for CWM based recoveries to boot than the stock recovery, so be patient.

Credits go to:
@Phil3759 for the advanced features
@ketut.kumajaya for the working zImage
and of course Koush and the CyanogenMod team

Link to kernel source https://github.com/kumajaya/android_kernel_samsung_lt02

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If the on-screen menu doesn't show, hit one of the up/down buttons at the bottom to get it to appear. This is the same issue seen with CWM recovery and is caused by booting into recovery with the key combo. I highly recommend using the Quick Boot app or another software method of booting recovery.

Instructions:
1. Download ODIN on your computer.
2. Power off the device.
3. Restart in "Download Mode" by holding the "HOME" button, "Volume Down" and "Power" all at the same time (for about 5 seconds).
4. Hit the "Volume Up" to enter download mode.
5. Start the ODIN exe program. Un-check Auto Reboot. See notes about ODIN below.
6. Connect the device via USB to your computer. Verify the device shows as "Added" in the Message box. If it doesn't show then you need the Samsung USB drivers (just install KIES to get them).
7. Select "PDA" then choose the recovery file you want to flash.
8. Hit "START". Wait for Odin to finish (~10-15 seconds). The message area will display "RES OK" when finished.
9. Wait for device to restart. Skip this step if you unchecked auto reboot.
10. Restart directly to recovery mode before rebooting into OS.(Hold POWER, Volume UP, and the HOME button all at the same time. When you see the Samsung Logo, let go of the POWER button, but keep holding the Volume UP and HOME until you see the recovery screen).
11. To get the Internal SDcard to be recognized properly, choose the Advanced option; then touch the "Storage set to" option. It should change from "/data/media/0" to "data/media/". Then reboot recovery using the "Power Options".

I also recommend adjusting the Menu Height to a smaller value using the PhilZ settings option.

Notes about ODIN
--Make sure that "Re-Partition" is NOT checked.
--Auto Reboot can be un-checked if the recovery doesn't flash correctly on your device. Some have reported that un-checking Auto Reboot fixes this issue. If you un-check Auto Reboot, you will need to reboot the device yourself (refer back to step 10).

Instructions for recovery flashable version:
  1. Boot into your previously installed custom recovery.
  2. Select the Install Zip option.
  3. Find the recovery zip.
  4. Flash.
  5. Reboot recovery.
  6. Enjoy your new recovery.

Attachments

• T210.PhilZ.5.Adv.v2.unofficial.flashable.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 17,333
  • T210.PhilZ.5.Adv.v2.unofficial.recovery.tar.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 30,832
Last edited:

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
Main Menu

Attachments

• MainMenu.jpg
    MainMenu.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 4,090
Last edited:

batman08

Dec 9, 2005
Downloaded and installed. What i found so far is that it reacts little slow and the time in the status bar is gone in lockscreen.... After unlocking clock comes back in status bar.
Cant change GUI height correctly, all the time i touch GUI it increases the value only...

Last edited:

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
Downloaded and installed. What i found so far is that it reacts little slow and the time in the status bar is gone in lockscreen.... After unlocking clock comes back in status bar.

I'm not sure what you mean about the time. It is not supposed to be in the status bar on the lock screen, and that has nothing to do with this recovery.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

Reactions: sjsharksfan420

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
Cant change GUI height correctly, all the time i touch GUI it increases the value only...

In regards to it reacting slowly, since you complained about that with TWRP also, I believe that is a problem with your tablet. I can't imagine it working any faster on mine. Every selection is immediate.

Keep increasing the gui height until it goes to a lower value (around 100 it switches).

Last edited:
Reactions: sjsharksfan420

batman08

Dec 9, 2005
In regards to it reacting slowly, since you complained about that with TWRP also, I believe that if a problem with your tablet. I can't imagine it working any faster on mine. Every selection is immediate.

Some other users also experienced slow reaction with latest TWRP. I used TWRP 2.5.0.0 and speed and reaction was ok, on 2.6.xx reaction is slow...

nitol

Sep 1, 2009
dhaka
Can we have cwm flashable zip please.
Regards.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

boland

After flashing one of the custom ROM's, I still get Android System recovery in Recovery mode. Tried 3 different ones, not working... Anyone? In Download mode it however says Custom...

/edit: turning off auto-reboot fixed it!

Last edited:

spydergt

Aug 11, 2009
houston
Hi, i have a t217A tab 3 7.0 and it has a msm8960 cpu not the msm8930 you mentioed earlier, which shows up under cpuz as a Krait 1.73 gighz
when i boot to recovery it says encrypted and the flash fails. im guessing i need a diffrent version. is there a current build for the touch screen recovery for this version already made and in place ? if so could someone link me ?

and i had a q , you mention that this should be flashed via already flashed recovery , is this mandatory or can i flash the touch version via odin straight away ? do i need to flash the regular non touch recovery then flash the touch or can i get away with directly flashing the touch recovery without first flashing the non touch?

I have rooted already , the method on this forum worked for the t217A

thanks

Unjustified Dev

Recognized Developer
Oct 21, 2012
Memphis , TN
Hi, i have a t217A tab 3 7.0 and it has a msm8960 cpu not the msm8930 you mentioed earlier, which shows up under cpuz as a Krait 1.73 gighz
when i boot to recovery it says encrypted and the flash fails. im guessing i need a diffrent version. is there a current build for the touch screen recovery for this version already made and in place ? if so could someone link me ?

and i had a q , you mention that this should be flashed via already flashed recovery , is this mandatory or can i flash the touch version via odin straight away ? do i need to flash the regular non touch recovery then flash the touch or can i get away with directly flashing the touch recovery without first flashing the non touch?

I have rooted already , the method on this forum worked for the t217A

thanks

No , it has msm8930 it will still show as 8960 it's a qcom thing. Also this isn't for your device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is an old unofficial version. Please go to THIS thread for the updated, official version.

All information below this line pertains to the old, unofficial version. Use the link above to get the official version.

Updated (v2) Slow recovery bootup fixed.

This is an unofficial version of CWM Advanced/PhilZ Touch recovery. Main thread located HERE. Go to the main thread to learn about all the features.

It uses the zImage and ramdisk provided by @ketut.kumajaya with a few tweaks to get it working made by myself.

Please take a moment to say thanks and/or donate to @ketut.kumajaya for helping us out.

It takes a few seconds longer for CWM based recoveries to boot than the stock recovery, so be patient.

Credits go to:
    @Phil3759 for the advanced features
    @ketut.kumajaya for the working zImage
    and of course Koush and the CyanogenMod team

Link to kernel source https://github.com/kumajaya/android_kernel_samsung_lt02

If the on-screen menu doesn't show, hit one of the up/down buttons at the bottom to get it to appear. This is the same issue seen with CWM recovery and is caused by booting into recovery with the key combo. I highly recommend using the Quick Boot app or another software method of booting recovery.

Instructions:
    1. Download ODIN on your computer.
    2. Power off the device.
    3. Restart in "Download Mode" by holding the "HOME" button, "Volume Down" and "Power" all at the same time (for about 5 seconds).
    4. Hit the "Volume Up" to enter download mode.
    5. Start the ODIN exe program. Un-check Auto Reboot. See notes about ODIN below.
    6. Connect the device via USB to your computer. Verify the device shows as "Added" in the Message box. If it doesn't show then you need the Samsung USB drivers (just install KIES to get them).
    7. Select "PDA" then choose the recovery file you want to flash.
    8. Hit "START". Wait for Odin to finish (~10-15 seconds). The message area will display "RES OK" when finished.
    9. Wait for device to restart. Skip this step if you unchecked auto reboot.
    10. Restart directly to recovery mode before rebooting into OS.(Hold POWER, Volume UP, and the HOME button all at the same time. When you see the Samsung Logo, let go of the POWER button, but keep holding the Volume UP and HOME until you see the recovery screen).
    11. To get the Internal SDcard to be recognized properly, choose the Advanced option; then touch the "Storage set to" option. It should change from "/data/media/0" to "data/media/". Then reboot recovery using the "Power Options".

I also recommend adjusting the Menu Height to a smaller value using the PhilZ settings option.

Notes about ODIN
    --Make sure that "Re-Partition" is NOT checked.
    --Auto Reboot can be un-checked if the recovery doesn't flash correctly on your device. Some have reported that un-checking Auto Reboot fixes this issue. If you un-check Auto Reboot, you will need to reboot the device yourself (refer back to step 10).

Instructions for recovery flashable version:
    1. Boot into your previously installed custom recovery.
    2. Select the Install Zip option.
    3. Find the recovery zip.
    4. Flash.
    5. Reboot recovery.
    6. Enjoy your new recovery.
    OP updated with v2. Slow recovery bootup fixed.
    Is this compatible for t217s just wondering since the software is different from the phone that I have this recovery on.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

don't do it you won't brick your device but only render recovery useless. Your version is lte they have different hardware cpu etc. Only thing in common is size and name
    Can we have cwm flashable zip please.
    Regards.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Done. Flashable zip in OP.