[VIDEO] HTC One Max Glass Screen Protector Install - Nillkin

Search This thread

chrisngrod

Jul 29, 2008
Des Moines, IA

Usually I turn to Spigen for glass screen protectors. Unfortunately, they didn't create any products for this device. So I turned to eBay and found the Nillkin available for $16 shipped.

Glass screen protectors have pros and cons. It acts like a second skin. You can barely see the protector on the screen. It does add a little thickness and can interfere with certain cases. It will protect your screen, but it can break as well. Better for it to absorb some of the impact than your screen. It can scratch as well. Finding these locally is difficult.

The ZAGG invisibleSHIELD will protect your screen, but it is known for the orange peel effect (sometimes looks like the surface of an orange). Others note rainbowing can occur (you see red green and blue if you look closely depending on the type of invisibleSHIELD). It is highly resistant to scratching and cutting. The material kind of has a memory to it. With the Note 3, it held the marks from the stylus for a LONG time. Readily available at Best Buy and other outlets.

Plastic screen protectors are usually pretty clear. They will protect your screen, but sometimes I have a hard time making sure all of the bubbles get out when applying. I guess all are not created equally because the one I purchased from the Verizon store actually worked pretty well. You'll see me removing it in the video. There was a little bit of a color distortion if you looked at it from the right angles. Appeared that the adhesive material was causing it. Available almost everywhere.

With a beautiful 5.9" screen, I do encourage you to try a glass screen protector. If you're going naked. You are much more brave than me. I tried this once with a Note 3 and the scratches eventually came. Gorilla glass is resistant to scratches,but is no match to a little time in a pocket with keys, change, etc.

Reactions: afhum

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ

Usually I turn to Spigen for glass screen protectors. Unfortunately, they didn't create any products for this device. So I turned to eBay and found the Nillkin available for $16 shipped.

Glass screen protectors have pros and cons. It acts like a second skin. You can barely see the protector on the screen. It does add a little thickness and can interfere with certain cases. It will protect your screen, but it can break as well. Better for it to absorb some of the impact than your screen. It can scratch as well. Finding these locally is difficult.

The ZAGG invisibleSHIELD will protect your screen, but it is known for the orange peel effect (sometimes looks like the surface of an orange). Others note rainbowing can occur (you see red green and blue if you look closely depending on the type of invisibleSHIELD). It is highly resistant to scratching and cutting. The material kind of has a memory to it. With the Note 3, it held the marks from the stylus for a LONG time. Readily available at Best Buy and other outlets.

Plastic screen protectors are usually pretty clear. They will protect your screen, but sometimes I have a hard time making sure all of the bubbles get out when applying. I guess all are not created equally because the one I purchased from the Verizon store actually worked pretty well. You'll see me removing it in the video. There was a little bit of a color distortion if you looked at it from the right angles. Appeared that the adhesive material was causing it. Available almost everywhere.

With a beautiful 5.9" screen, I do encourage you to try a glass screen protector. If you're going naked. You are much more brave than me. I tried this once with a Note 3 and the scratches eventually came. Gorilla glass is resistant to scratches,but is no match to a little time in a pocket with keys, change, etc.

Had this one for a couple of weeks now and it is fantastic! Clear as a bell, smoother than the original glass, and hides, fingerprints, smudges, and makes the screen even more vivid than stock!! Get one of these, you will thank me later!!

Reactions: afhum

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Had this one for a couple of weeks now and it is fantastic! Clear as a bell, smoother than the original glass, and hides, fingerprints, smudges, and makes the screen even more vivid than stock!! Get one of these, you will thank me later!!