Sim Card Error after flashing GPE

Search This thread

drbee79

Oct 23, 2010
Hello, I have a XT1032 from Tesco Mobile.
I unlocked the bootloader and flashed the GPE Firmware GPE_XT1032_KOT49H.M004_CFC.xml
I used mototool at first and tried manually using fastboot.
Everything works except I keep getting some random error about my SIM card been removed and added (attached).
I tried to flash the fsg.mbn from stock but it makes no difference.
I did get some errors on fastboot but everything complete with the OKAY message.

any suggestion please?

thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-16-16-44-49.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-02-16-16-44-49.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 567

scott_doyland

Dec 8, 2011
I realise its happened since you flashed so probably software related. But is it worth actually physically removing the sim and reinserting just to rule out a genuine dodgy/dirty sim connection.

Also I'm thinking of flashing GPE over my UK retail phone. Did you flash all files inc modem and gpt.bin etc. I am wondering if its worth me just flashing system and boot partitions and nothing else. No harm in me trying that I guess.

drbee79

Oct 23, 2010
I realise its happened since you flashed so probably software related. But is it worth actually physically removing the sim and reinserting just to rule out a genuine dodgy/dirty sim connection.

Also I'm thinking of flashing GPE over my UK retail phone. Did you flash all files inc modem and gpt.bin etc. I am wondering if its worth me just flashing system and boot partitions and nothing else. No harm in me trying that I guess.

Yes, I actually went to my carrier and got a replacement card but since it didnt work I went back to Stock and it works fine so it must be GPE related.
This is what I used ( I am on Mac osx):
./fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
./fastboot flash motoboot motoboot.img
./fastboot flash logo logo.bin
./fastboot flash boot boot.img
./fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
./fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk1
./fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk2
./fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk3
./fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
./fastboot erase modemst1
./fastboot erase modemst2
./fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
./fastboot erase cache
./fastboot erase userdata
./fastboot reboot

I got some warnings but all commands gave "okay"

scott_doyland

Dec 8, 2011
I wonder if its worth you keeping non-gpe for modem partition and fsg and just try flashing gpe system and boot partitions. Maybe as gpe is for USA really its causing some issues to use gpe modem bits and pieces.

drbee79

Oct 23, 2010
I wonder if its worth you keeping non-gpe for modem partition and fsg and just try flashing gpe system and boot partitions. Maybe as gpe is for USA really its causing some issues to use gpe modem bits and pieces.

Just tried that. Flashed back stock and confirmed everything was working fine. I then reflashed GPE without modem and fsg keeping the stock ones but got the same. Not sure the problem is on the radio at this point.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

drbee79

Oct 23, 2010
If anybody has the same problem, I was able to fix it by flashing the latest Radio 355.66.00R from the latest stock update.

mokkami

Dec 28, 2009
Düsseldorf (DE)

I yesterday flashed GPE on my XT1032 (Germany Retail).
But i flashed it using the *.bat /eu file.

No SIM Card error.

Last edited:

stef75000

Jan 16, 2014
Flashed gpe on french moto g, there is no errors.
only radio apps is missing.

Last edited: