[Q] Problem with Samsung Flip Cover

Search This thread

amicoqui

Mar 14, 2012
Hello people, one question.

Recently I went to an Argentinian operator shop to buy a Samsung flip cover, for my galaxy s5 g900H variant. I replaced the back case for it, but, for my surprise, it didn't work. Sad, i went to another shop with the hope that it would work, but it didn't.

The s-view options doesn't appear on the accesories menu neither. And a man that was at the shop, said that I had to "scan" for the cover... is that true? or i had the bad luck that they gave me a disfunctional phone?

Also I saw that... when the phone is in stand by, the battery remains with the same percentage for hours, but when i start to use it, it drops 3-4% every 20 minutes.. is a hardware problem?

Thanks, Hernan.

PD: Sorry for my bad english, I am Argentinian.

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
Hello people, one question.

Recently I went to an Argentinian operator shop to buy a Samsung flip cover, for my galaxy s5 g900H variant. I replaced the back case for it, but, for my surprise, it didn't work. Sad, i went to another shop with the hope that it would work, but it didn't.

The s-view options doesn't appear on the accesories menu neither. And a man that was at the shop, said that I had to "scan" for the cover... is that true? or i had the bad luck that they gave me a disfunctional phone?

Also I saw that... when the phone is in stand by, the battery remains with the same percentage for hours, but when i start to use it, it drops 3-4% every 20 minutes.. is a hardware problem?

Thanks, Hernan.

PD: Sorry for my bad english, I am Argentinian.

Either there is a problem with the phone or flipcover or maybe its not a genuine S5, i have a flipcover too and it shows all the options it is supposed too.
Install CPU-Z or Phone Info from Play to identify the phone and post a screenshot(s) here.

Last edited:

amicoqui

Mar 14, 2012
Everything seems normal with cpu-z. The manufacturer, the model... Everything

Also here in argentina, the flip cover has no contacts, is that normal?

russ18uk

Aug 1, 2011
Everything seems normal with cpu-z. The manufacturer, the model... Everything

Also here in argentina, the flip cover has no contacts, is that normal?
Is it an S-view cover? It should have a small microchip with 2 copper contacts in the top-right corner inside the rubber waterproofing.

amicoqui

Mar 14, 2012
Well... The one that is sold here has not contacts. Maybe is that the problem? I saw a s4 with no contacts on its flip cover and worked fine... Also. About the battery problem, what could be the cause?

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
Well... The one that is sold here has not contacts. Maybe is that the problem? I saw a s4 with no contacts on its flip cover and worked fine... Also. About the battery problem, what could be the cause?

Probably a or several apps beeing busy in the background. Install BetterBatteryStatts to see what the biggest power consumers are.

russ18uk

Aug 1, 2011
I believe the S4 one is magnetised. The S5 version isn't, which means the cover doesn't always close fully. At least I experience that.

Instead, the S5 requires 2 pins to be shorted underneath.

As for the battery: it could be a software issue, or it could be that your phone isn't suffering from any wakelocks or partial wakelocks and your phone is deep sleeping. Also the Exynos is Quadcore; each core is slower than a single Qualcomm version - but if your phone is only using 1 core, the Exynos will have better battery life in that situation.