SPV M1000 Rom Upgrade

Search This thread

justinp

Jun 30, 2004
Hi

Ive just been on teh orange site, and I see there is a new ROM available http://web.orange.co.uk/story/sm_1047574.html

The new version has an operator version 3.661.230 (MMS version). But my SPV does not seem to have an operator version

Currently I'm running:-
Rom version 1.60.00WWE
Rom date 12/03/03
Radio version: 1.10.00
Protocol version: 1337.18
ExtROM version: 1.60.38

Is it worth upgrading?how will I benifit?

Cheers

JustinP

findus

Aug 7, 2004
Birmingham, England
Hi,

Checked out the new upgrade from Orange and it works perfectly on my SPV M1000.

The benfits of upgrading are that you will be able to send MMS messages from your phone without having to configure everything yourself (which I had to do!)

The other benefits (apparently) are better radio and GPRS, but I haven't noticed any difference yet.

Also, while I was upgrading, I had a message saying there was a problem and to start again. Don't worry if this happens as I reconnected the phone and it installed fine.

Hope this helps!

cchris

Jun 25, 2004
Milano
Thank you!

First of all THANK YOU justinp for spotting this and sharing it with us!
I've also been calling Orange trying to find out about updates, but unfortunatly with no success.

Second to all:
a) I share justinp question, but my setup is a bit older:
Currently I'm running:-
Rom version 1.52.00WWE
Rom date 10/23/03
Radio version: 1.05.16
Protocol version: 1337.16
ExtROM version: 1.52.56

I could not find anything looking like the 3.661.230 where they indicated it.

b) Once I am going through the asshole of a a ROM upgrade, are there real advantage in going for the imate 1.72 update and going through a slightly more complicated procedure?

Just to put into context I already have installed thanks to this forum an SMS SW version I am happy with and I want to buy a BT GPS in the next two month so if you know for sure that it is not going to work either with my ROM or the new one from Orange please let me know!!!

THANKS!

Chris

nbharadia

May 30, 2004
Orange M1000 Upgrade ROM Thur 12th Aug 2004... Problem

Hi,

I upgraded my ROM to the latest from Orange UK and my bluetooth headset (Logitech) paired OK and I can hear the people talking, but they CAN'T hear me!

Anyone had this type of problem before? I have used the MMS version. Today I will try the NON-MMS version and see if that allows 2 way communication via Bluetooth
Thanks

Nitesh

shiro

Jul 6, 2004
I just upgraded my ROM and now I cant see the STORAGE folder. Anyone else have this issue?

nbharadia

May 30, 2004
Storage folder missing

I too upgraded my M1000 and when I did a restore from Sprite - It too made my storage and storage card disappear. In the end I just did a hard reset and manually installed my programs and did not do a restore.

findus

Aug 7, 2004
Birmingham, England
Re: Storage folder missing

nbharadia said:
I too upgraded my M1000 and when I did a restore from Sprite - It too made my storage and storage card disappear. In the end I just did a hard reset and manually installed my programs and did not do a restore.

Hi,
You say you have problems with the Storage/Storage card going missing - when you performed the upgrade, were these still visible until you restored things with Sprite because this might be the problem if you are restoring an old configuration with an updated ROM.

I haven't tried my phone with a Bluetooth headset, I got the MMS version, will let you know if I have the same problem, but everything is working fine on mine at the moment.

justinp

Jun 30, 2004
Hi

I have installed the upgrade, everything works as well as it did before, time will tell if there are any improvements.

After an upgrade dont do a restore as the old backup is not compatible with the new OS. Its just the way PPCs work. I'm afraid you need to re-install everything from scratch, it too me about 4 hours, but its done know.

Cheers

JustinP

Q

quantum

help

Just tried this update and received an error message.
Took the phone out of the craddle and performed a soft reset..
Screen still says "Serial V1. 03"
I cannot get it to do anything.
How do you perform a hard reset? Have tried pressing reset button with no battery (battery catch up and down) and tried letting the case touch the pins on the phone which can reset it.

TRULY HELP!!! PLEASE PLEASE HELP (please!)

With thanks

Dave.

delboydell

Feb 11, 2003
Sheffield England
yep ive just done the same,

yep ive just done the same, been trying for 1 hour now to get it running but no luck.
just spent an hour on to orange trying to explain the phone now neads replacing but they cannot send out till tomorrow. :cry: :cry:
lets hope it has the new rom installled or i may be in the same boat tomorrow

Q

quantum

It now works!!! PHEW!!

Tried the hard reset & nothing happens.

What I did was hard reset then tried the update again... software now tells me that phone is now not compatible with the update.

I then repeated the above 17 panic-stricken times (both reset then update) and eventually it started the update process. Has now finally completed.

I was so worried!

GRPS is still flaky and still waiting for the MMS message sent to myself to go through (a bit slow).

cchris

Jun 25, 2004
Milano
Quick question for those who have updated

Hi!

Could any of you that have done the update please tell me what ROM version do you get after the update? 1.52, 1.60, the last 1.72?

Have u noticed any improvement with the use of BT (expecially with GPS).

Thanks!

Chris

justinp

Jun 30, 2004
After the update you will get

Rom version 1.66.00WWE
Rom date 02/20/04
Radio version: 1.10.00
Protocol version: 1337.18
ExtROM version: 1.66.230

So far I see no imporvements

Cheers

JustinP

mariachi4

Aug 22, 2004
Hard reset ???

I also upgraded my SPV with this ROM with MMS. I found no improvements, but 1 major problem. Sometimes the SPV is in suspend mode, i wait for several of minutes and want to push the power button, the device doesnt seem to react. Putting in the cradle isnt working also and taking the battery out and in again is also a failure. So the only sollution is to hard reset the m1000. Since the upgrade (2 weeks ago) i performed 2 hard resets. You guys also got the same problem? Or do you know how to fix this? I tried to upgrade my orange rom to the original Qtek 1.72 rom, but i got a message 120: error country code. So any ideas?

saro

Apr 25, 2006
Urguntly need rom upgrade for spv m1000 orange uk

please can anyone kindly give me the link to download
SPV M1000 ROM UPGRADE SOFT.

REGARDS
SARO

findus

Aug 7, 2004
Birmingham, England
Reactions: gutek85

jonnieboy

Mar 8, 2005
Thanks for that link.

I needed to restore my m1000 back to 2003SE after an experiment in upgrading to WM6 and realised I didn't have the ROM.

Cheers
J

supahot

Apr 29, 2009
Thanks

Thanks for the link. have been searching for the rom for about 1 month now.thanks thanks thanks

Top Liked Posts