Old Q&A-Thread - This Thread will be split into multiple KB-Thread soon

Search This thread

stresu

Aug 6, 2010
If you still have the Eonon D5151 head unit, use the canbus decoder what came with it. The MZD-SS-02 (D5151) works great with the Klyde Android head unit and Mazda 3 BK's trip computer.

Unfortunately I sold that unit. I can talk with the guy who bought it just to borrow me the decoder and check if it works. Thanks!

Tryden

Oct 19, 2015
i search for a tutorial for MTC-Keys to work with Spotify.Can you help?:confused:

Look in post #20844
There is all you need and a description.

Can you remap the other buttons? It took some trial and error for mine to work. I moved the ini file to every SD location before I found the correct location. Also the case and wording of the ini commands make a huge difference. And always reboot the system between changes.

Update: On the way home I quickly remapped the radio button to iHeart Radio and it worked. So the radio button can remapped.

Didn't try the other buttons yet. Will have a look later.
I tried every directory possible and yes did a reboot after changing the ini file.
What you mean with case and wording?
My command for Spotify is"app_43=com.spotify.music".

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Reactions: TOMMYX2

dgcruzing

Nov 21, 2010
Mermaid Beach QLD
Hi together this is an important announcement!

As you knew Mike an me we were talking about a dedicated section.
This is now achieved and I am requested by him to sort things out from here.

I will split out some Key knowledge posts, for example malaysks Firmware-Post, to new Threads in our subforums.

Developers
Please if you create new work open you own Thread in the new forums. If you already have posted here probably wait until I split your post out or write to me to ensure I will split you out if you think I missed you or you have a critical release.

Questionning Users
Please open your own thread for your questions in our new section. I can not split out every question from here. This thread will be left over for searching so please if you have current questions just ask in our new Q&A-Section.

I will start splitting up this thread in about one hour.

You can find the new section at the bottom of this link:
http://xdaforums.com/android-auto

Thank you!
TOTALLY AGREE....
Let's shift this to split threads now..
If I had the time I would help pull out the thread titles.. But I am time poor at moment..

So people.. Start your own thread in Q&A..
Hardware hacks.. Take credit for what you have done.. Go and start a thread..
Roms..apps.. Be proud.. Get support and be credited for your work...drop it into the development thread and let users help other users with their questions.. If you need help shifting it..ask..help is here..

Let's break this breast of a thread down so the same questions are not being asked time and time again..
Wiki is great.. But also needs support..

Thanks Mods for letting the sub forums happen..

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk

jperezch

Jun 1, 2015
Buenos Aires

I will split out some Key knowledge posts, for example malaysks Firmware-Post, to new Threads in our subforums.

Developers
Please if you create new work open you own Thread in the new forums. If you already have posted here probably wait until I split your post out or write to me to ensure I will split you out if you think I missed you or you have a critical release.

Questionning Users
Please open your own thread for your questions in our new section. I can not split out every question from here. This thread will be left over for searching so please if you have current questions just ask in our new Q&A-Section.

Thank you!
Great job! congratulations!

I think we'll miss this super-hyper-mega-huge-2000-and-counting-pages post :silly:

ktibor69

Nov 14, 2014
Tata
What type/size/class of SD card is required/recommended for these units please?

MicroSD?

Want to order one in advance of receiving the unit (assume I won’t get one included)

Thanks

My HU has 2 pcs MicroSD slot. The HU supports sdcard up to 32GB. I'm using 16GB and 32GB microSD card. These cards and another 4pcs I bought from this seller:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/free-shipping-real-capacity-memory-2G-4G-8GB-class-4-16GB-32GB-64GB-class-10-micro/1691229826.html

This seller is very reliable!

Last edited:

Tryden

Oct 19, 2015
Old Q&A-Thread - This Thread will be split into multiple KB-Thread soon

Can you remap the other buttons? It took some trial and error for mine to work. I moved the ini file to every SD location before I found the correct location. Also the case and wording of the ini commands make a huge difference. And always reboot the system between changes.

Update: On the way home I quickly remapped the radio button to iHeart Radio and it worked. So the radio button can remapped.

Funny thing, I was back in my car and it did work. Everything is fine!
Only annoying thing is that my "reverse" button and my "band" button acutally are mapped the same. I also get the same key code in car service.
But this is because of KGL5 MCU I've got.
Maybe try it with the original one but I want the darkelo soundprocessor.

Anyone knows how to get Spotify songs to an external directory? Want to load a lot of playlists, so SD or better USB for a HDD/SSD would be very nice as directory.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

dark alex

Oct 5, 2009
www.firesplash.de
This thread is now closed

Please continue discussion, questions, releases and everything else in appropriate sections and/or threads.

As I said if you want to get your post out here and into your own thread you could write to me (if it's more than just one single copy&paste) with a link (or multiple links) to the post(s).
Else you could open your own new topic. I am still browsing through this thread and splitting some more info out of it but it makes no sense to keep this big thread open along our sections.

Please click here and look out for the four forums named "MTCB ..."

dgcruzing

Nov 21, 2010
Mermaid Beach QLD
Sounds good.. As already you have one that is of interest, the Auto brightness.. Thus prefer to discuss the topic in its own thread so that I am clear on the procedure and that others will be too...

We will always get the insane lazy "how do I this" one line posters.. But they shouldn't be allowed to clutter up pages and pages of.. Eg .. How do I use the LSD command line.. You have to admit.. That alone has got a ton of pretty useless individuals asking for instead of searching for....

Anyways all good.. Organic growth by a solid community of users is looking good..

More open source is needed on kernels and the Roms so that the code can be tidied up by users here... Looking forward to more development...

Reactions: Pablolos

Pablolos

Jul 23, 2015
Sounds good.. As already you have one that is of interest, the Auto brightness.. Thus prefer to discuss the topic in its own thread so that I am clear on the procedure and that others will be too...

We will always get the insane lazy "how do I this" one line posters.. But they shouldn't be allowed to clutter up pages and pages of.. Eg .. How do I use the LSD command line.. You have to admit.. That alone has got a ton of pretty useless individuals asking for instead of searching for....

Anyways all good.. Organic growth by a solid community of users is looking good..

More open source is needed on kernels and the Roms so that the code can be tidied up by users here... Looking forward to more development...

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk

ImiSVK

Sep 16, 2015
Hi,
Im using Malaysk ROM and I have problem with Wifi. When I going to run (ticking on run button), nothing happens. Wifi is still turend off. Few days ago it worked without problems.
Where is the problem?
Thanks for reply.

CARRisma

Feb 3, 2015
Horley
www.carrisma.co.uk
Do you find it necessary to offend? Is that helpful in any way? :confused:
Totally. It's because of lazy people like him (I'm trying to be very polite here) that this thread became such a mess. It is obvious that searching is too much of an effort for them if they can't even be bothered to scroll up to read that this thread is no longer in use. And the funny thing is, they're still doing it!

ktibor69

Nov 14, 2014
Tata
What type LCD display is in the 1024x600 HU?
I know my HU (800x480) has HannStar HSD070IDW1 display:
HannStar_HSD070IDW1_800x480_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HuiFei - 2 DIN Pure Android 4.2.2/4.4.2/4.4.4 RK3066/RK3188 Car Stereo Radio Head Unit. KGL/KLD/RM/GS/JY/MD/KYD/BN/HA [ROOTED]

Moderation Announcement (added by @dark alex)

Developers

Questionning Users

Thank you!

This is a new thread for this car dvd that was first reported on comment #2224 of the AN-21 U thread.

Probably you are here because:

• you want to root your unit. Only units with ROMs 4.2.2 can be rooted (see below how). The only way to have a rooted 4.4.x is installing a pre-rooted ROM (see below how)
    • you have a problem (no internet, no sound, buttons do not work, bad mic quality, rear camera image not showing, door opening not showing, etc.
    • you want to upgrade your unit to a newer software that has sleep mode, personalized music app, personalized functions, root, xposed, can remap buttons, etc.
    All this is covered in this post and most of the problems that you can have are summarized in this post too. Please read this first post before asking. And use the search function of the thread, before asking. Thanks.

TRICKS THAT MIGHT SAVE 1000 QUESTIONS ON THE THREAD
    Read below and here for basic questions asked and answered 1000 times.

How to root my unit. Only 4.2.2 can be rooted with an app (see below). To have rooted 4.4x you must install a pre-rooted ROM (see below)
    Get sound when in reverse (thanx to @Keylo Lo)
    here
    Engineering/Factory settings password "126" (thanx to @blankers)
    This allows you to change logo, sound volume, SWC codification, etc.
    Activate USB debugging --> Go to Factory Settings and enter password "adbon".
    System sound is low compared to Radio--> Go to Factory settings and change volume levels
    GPS button does not trigger GPS app You need to choose predefined GPS app, in Settings--> GPS

Get Into Recovery
    1 Press reset button and power button together
    2 After about 5 secs release reset button, but keep pressing power button
    3 When booting screen appears release power button.
    4 It boots into recovery.
    --Update 1-- some units without front USB have a different procedure
    Firstly power on the unit and then long press the power button and then reset. Then the unit will get three rings and you loose your hand on the power button and short press the power button again. (thanx @netay)
    --Update 2-- some others have this procedure (thanx @R4D3N)
    1. Turn off the unit by holding 3-4 sec the power button.
    2. Hold the RESET button + POWER button for 5 sec
    3. Release the RESET button and keep pressing the POWER button for 2 sec
    4. Release the POWER button and wait. The Recovery menu appears.
    5. With the Volume knob you can move up/down and long press on Volume/Power button to select the option.

Get Into Bootloader
    The process is basically the same, with the difference that you need to have the computer attached to the unit via the front miniUSB (if you do not have a front USB, you will have to ask your seller how to get into bootloader mode)

1- boot the unit as usual.
    2- plug the front usb of the unit to your computer usb.
    3- Then, push the reset button and the power button at once and keep them pushed. The reset button is the tiny pin next to the mp3 sdcard. The power button is the volume knob. You will hear the power cut throught the speakers.
    4- Release reset button and keep power button pushed. Now the unit will reboot. You will see nothing, just a black screen. Do not release the power button yet. Your computer will detect a " new hardware", that is the RolckChip. When you hear the windows noise of new detected hardware, you can release power button. It will automatically install the drivers.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR SYSTEM
    BEFORE UPGRADING YOUR UNIT YOU MUST KNOW
    • MCU your unit, there are many (KGL, KGL1, KGL2, KGL3, KGL4, KGL5, KLD, KLD1, KLD2, JY, GS, KYD, MD, BN, HA, MX), If you install the wrong MCU, you will brick your unit.
      To know which one you have. Go to Settings -->About
      If still not clear, see: here or here.
      If you cannot find it here, it probably means that you are in the wrong thread.
    • Resolution of your unit. 800x480 or 1024x600. If you install the wrong ROM, you will brick your unit.
    • Chip of your unit RK3066 or RK3188. It does not really matter, ROMs and MCU are compatible between chips.
    IT IS ADVISABLE TO BACKUP YOUR SYSTEM BEFORE PLAYING WITH IT
    Upgrading is supposed to be a safe operation, but you never know what can happen. So, before updating make sure that:
    1- To backup of your system the easiest way is download nandroid root from google play, and do a nandroid backup with TWRP format). Save it in your external SD.
    2- make sure you can enter in bootloader mode (see below how to)
    3- it is recommended to backup your apps and data (use titanium from google play). The update will do a factory reset.​
    FOLLOW THIS TO UPGRADE YOUR ROM AND/OR MCU
    0- Do a back up (copy the files somewhere safe) of your internal SD card memory. It will be wiped during the process.

1- Download the ROM (Resolution 1024x600 or 800x480) and MCU (KGL, KLD, JY, GS,RM, MX, BN, HA) for your unit.
    ROMs--> repository This will get you a file named update.img. There are different "flavors" of ROMs.
    Code:
    - [user=853627]@coudu[/user] (rooted, stock). Early v4.0 and v4.1 have some problems.
    - [user=3590033]@Malaysk[/user] (rooted, with very useful mods, some come with NEXT launcher)
    - [user=6041319]@dsa8310[/user] (rooted, almost stock)

MCUs--> Latest MCUs by Malaysk are here . This will get you a file named mcu.img

2- copy the update.img you have chosen to the root of your GPS card.

3- copy the mcu.img for your specific unit to the root of your GPS card (if you do not want to update mcu.img, you can skip this step)

4- insert back the GPS card to the unit. If no window pops up, reboot the unit. At boot, the presence of update.img will be detected and a pop up window will ask you whether you want to update your unit. It will automatically reboot into recovery mode and update your unit. Once done, remove update.img and mcu.img from the root of the gps card or you will be asked every boot for an update.

5- In some Coudu´s (sd partition of 3Gb) and Malaysk´s ROMs versions, it is necessary to do a factory reset just after the first boot so that everything works properly.

6- If you lost buttons or radio after the upgrade --> Go to Factory settings (password 126) and choose the proper canbus for your car and the radio chipset. You can change boot logo if you want.

* If you get Google services error after upgrading to KitKat see this and this
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THINGS YOU MAY WONDER BEFORE BUYING A HEADUNIT
    Code:
    [B]- Boot Up:[/B]: time is around 30s. 
    [B]- GPS[/B]: GPS positions very fast. TomTom, Navigon, Sygic,  and regular off-line GPS work. Navigon and Sygic have some problems with some ROMs
    [B]- Stand by mode[/B]: Latest ROMs and MCU have the possibility of choosing stand by mode with various times chosen.
    [B]- Radio:[/B] radio stations are saved as frequencies
    [B]- Bluetooth contacts:[/B] contacts are saved on the device.
    - Works fine with Bose system (Audi)
    - Possible ground loop noise that needs some tricks to be removed (see section problems) 
    - Torque works and can run in parallel with A2DP
    - ELM327 works (might need special app like CarService in very weird cases)
    - Camera works (might be better to get the one with RK3188 chip)
    - There is no automatic brightness control because the unit does not have light sensor, but there are apps that can help
    - The touch screen is extremely responsive. It works as good as most phones.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOW TO ROOT AND INSTALL TWRP
    Instructions to get root (thanx to @webdude12)
    It only works for Android 4.2.2. If you want to root 4.4.x you need to take apart update.img and inject SuperUser app (this is only for experts as @coudu, @Malaysk, @dsa8310 ). The alternative is to install a 4.4.x pre-rooted image and you do not have to do anything else. See below in HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR UNIT section how to do it.

If you want to root your 4.2.2, download Root Master 2.1.1 here
    Code:
    1- Install the APK.
    2- Make sure you are connected to WiFi and you have an internet connection.
    3- Open Root Master (do not upgrade to newer version unless you can read chinese, The newest version has different options, all in chinese. Version 2.1.1 just has a button that says "root".))
    4- Press root button
    5- Chinese characters will flash across the screen.
    6- A second popup box will appear, press the purple button.
    The app will automatically install SuperUser.
    This program connects to servers oversea sending hardware information. The downloads a script that will attempt to root the device. If the first script fails, it downloads additional ones. Future goal is monitor this communication with a data logger and find which script works, so that a unique program can be written to achieve root.​
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to install TWRP recovery (thanx to Abdul_pt from Freaktab and 1-2-Hak and coudu)
    You do not really need to install TWRP unless you wanna mod the rom yourself, if you mod roms you will know that already.
    - a.t.m. you need a mouse to use TWRP because touch is not working yet
    - if you install TWRP, you will not be able to update the update.img and mcu.img the way it was explained above.

If you still want to install TWRP:
    Android 4.2.2 800x480
    Download files here
    And follow the post by 1-2-Hak

Android 4.4.2 800x480
    Follow this: this

TWRP for 1024x600
    See this post
    TRICKS AND MODDED APPS THAT DO WONDERS
    • Install app without adb when regular install does not work
      Sometimes the app won't install normally and you need to sideload it.. This means that you need a computer and adb wifi. There is another way with which you won't need a computer. You just need to install a terminal emulator (you need root ).
      1- Download the terminal emulator app you prefer
      2- Download the app you want to install to /mnt/sdcard
      3- Open terminal emulator
      4- On the terminal navigate to /mnt/sdcard by typing
      Code:
      - cd /mnt/sdcard
      - su
      - pm install "NameOfTheApp".apk
      Done, you are app is now installed.

• Modified Radio Apps
      To install radios you need to copy the app using ESExplorer or Root Explorer straight to /system/app in place of MTCRadio.apk
      Radio version 4.2.2 800x480
      Radio version 4.4.4 800x480

Radio version 4.4.4 (Malaysk v1, aka alive)

[*]Car Service. Allows to use SWC and buttons with 3rd party apps (Latest Malysk ROMs already include it).
      Download here (thanx @@KeiserSozeyFr)
      If it does not install, copy directly to /system/app

[*]Microntek HeadUnit Service Latest Malaysk ROMs include it. It allows to use SWC with non native apps. It allows to make calls and send messages from Android part of HU, and to show toasts. You can find it straight on Google Play.
      There is a modified version (probably outdated) with early start of services here

[*]Moded Music app. Two versions. One is the original with expanded list, so full names can be seen, and the other one has the list integrated in the background so it is always visible.
      http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53352994&postcount=894 (thanx to @dark alex)
      anoher one here

[*]Set Loud Latest ROMs do no need it.
      Method 1:Method 2:

You need Tasker or Automagic or similar app.
      Set up a task that runs at boot with the following code as "shell command"
      am broadcast -a com.microntek.irkeyDown --ei keyCode 44
      How to: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53553617&postcount=1058
      [*]Speed-sincronized volume increase (AKA GALA)
      This app will modify the volume of your unit according to the speed. The amount sensitivity can be adjusted.
      http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53441283&postcount=931 (thanx to @dark alex)

[*]PowerAmp Toast (thanx @agentdr8)
      This app will show title/album/album art when tracks change while PowerAmp is in background.
      http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53964813&postcount=1461

[*]Rear Camera without icons (icons were included in the KitKat version 4.4.2) (thanx @typos1 and 4pda.ru guys)
      http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=56888840&postcount=5096

[*] KLD Launcher 4.4.2 with bigger date
      Launcher see picture

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

FILE REPOSITORY, FIRMWARES and MCUs for KGL/KLD/GS/RM/JY/MD

Some of the firmwares are... (list not updated)
    • Custom KitKat 4.4.2 by 4pad.ru (RK3066)
    • Coudu's 4.4.4 v4.2 (RK3066) (January 2015 release), see here
      - Coudu v4.0 and v4.1 have some problems. v4.2 is good (specially releases 150113 for KLD and 150113 for KGL). You might need MTCControlSettings.apk as in these latest releases coudu removed it.​
    • Malaysk's roms (RK3066) w/ and w/o NEXT launcher, also 4.4.4 here
    • JY Android version is this one
    • Malaysk's roms (RK3066) version 24/05/15 Download here. It allows the remapping of the radio buttons.
    • dsa8310 JY rooted ROM 150513 (RK3188) Download here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WIKI-Page
    Basic info on everything
    Another wiki with general info here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS FOUND BY THE USERS
    Unfortunately the first issues with the promising unit arrived.
    http://huifei.fs-fileserver.de/

Good news!! Now I'm going to lay out all of the latest firmware on the server http://huifei.fs-fileserver.de/content/firmware/MALAYSK%20ROMS/

Thank dark alex
    Good news for Sygic users :)

I have found solution how to make Sygic to work on ours devices.
    It is wery easy and it finaly works for me, and I would like to share it with others. You can make it in two steps.
    First of all you have to install rooted ROM. I have install update_4_4_4_RK3066_1024X600_7_MAL_14_05_2015.rar
    You can find rooted rom for your device on this link https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxmzvLRI7-eNeVA2SWkwM1pLZ28&usp=sharing#listv
    When you done you have to install Xposed IMEI Changer. You can find it at Google Play Store and start the app. Xposed Installer will prompt up and you have to give permissions to IMEI Changer and to install Framework if you did not already.
    Than yo have to open IMEI changer and copy IMEI code from your smartphone. (I have HTC M7 and IMEI code you can find in Settings-Info-Tlefon identity.
    After that you have to reboot device and open IMEI changer to see is it new IMEI applied.
    If it is, than you have to go to Google Play Store, install Sygic and download maps.
    Result you can see on attached image.

I hope that it will work for others.
    NEW from 27 October, 2015
    Only for RK3066 800X480

Most global firmware update from me, perhaps a few months to 800X480.
    Changes, updates, deletes, transfers, etc. lots of. I write about everything I will not. Here are just a couple:
    +++ Android part of 10 October.
    +++ New NEXT launcher - a slightly redesigned our radio me :)
    +++ The new boot logo (the very first - that appears when you download a few seconds)
    +++ Added gradient Status Bar (Settings - System)
    +++ A new panel ext. programs and recently run (Settings - System)
    +++ Added new tab in Preferences - Advanced Settings screen (think there will understand)
    +++ Fixed program MTCBlueTooth - incorrectly displays the number of the incoming call
    +++ Well, and so on. D.

Firmware I have not done a simple upgrade - erased all the data. Make a backup of your applications (System Settings then do by hand - not to restore from backup !!!)
    HERE
    NEW from September 6, 2015
    Only for RK3066 800X480

+++ Android base on September 3, 2015
    +++ Many,many other fixes and additions.

Download HERE