[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 13.0 Nightlies [EOL]

Search This thread

PoXFreak

Jan 2, 2011
Apex NC
Just in case, it may be useful to someone. Let it be here.

Ready file TWRP aceopt 2.8.7.0 for BOOTLOADER

OK, I know this isn't meant for the inspire 4g (a9192), but I flashed this recovery and flashed just the cm13 nightly.
Surprisingly it installed, but I'm thinking that, since I didn't flash gapps with it, that's what's causing it to boot directly to an encryption error message.
Should I just reflash everything with gapps, or try flashing just the gapps package?

Sent from my EVO using XDA Forums Pro.

Mustaavalkosta

Dec 25, 2010
Tampere
opendesireproject.org
OK, I know this isn't meant for the inspire 4g (a9192), but I flashed this recovery and flashed just the cm13 nightly.
Surprisingly it installed, but I'm thinking that, since I didn't flash gapps with it, that's what's causing it to boot directly to an encryption error message.
Should I just reflash everything with gapps, or try flashing just the gapps package?

Sent from my EVO using XDA Forums Pro.
You need to do a bit more than just switch recoveries to jump between ace and aceopt. I've written a detailed explanation what to do here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=62758453&postcount=531

Reactions: kib0rg

wxswjtu

Sep 25, 2011
Convert your sdcard to either EXT4 or F2FS under Advanced wipe by choosing data partition > Repair or Change File System > Change File System > EXT4 or F2FS.
does data partition means data or sdcard in advanced wipe??thank you.

Mustaavalkosta

Dec 25, 2010
Tampere
opendesireproject.org
Convert your sdcard to either EXT4 or F2FS under Advanced wipe by choosing data partition > Repair or Change File System > Change File System > EXT4 or F2FS.
does data partition means data or sdcard in advanced wipe??thank you.
Sdcard is the new data partition thus you will need to format the data partition in aceopt recovery to format the sdcard because the recovery thinks sdcard is the data partition.

Reactions: kib0rg

Lemmi1

One small question.

When I repartitioned my SD card. Must I change it to only one partition or can I use two for later use of link2sd like before?

What is better?

Or is there no need to have a sd-ext partition and link2sd anymore?

Last edited:

xda-dhd

Jan 27, 2013
One small question.

When I repartitioned my SD card. Must I change it to only one partition or can I use two for later use of link2sd like before?

What is better?

Or is there no need to have a sd-ext partition and link2sd anymore?

Why would you need a Link2SD, if the memory has to be replaced and increased? )

MikhailM1

Jul 3, 2011
Is it me or MTP is not working.
ANyone on the latest build pls let me know.

Not working on my DHD either. Device Manager sees the DHD as "My HTC", but the DHD does not appear on the file explorer. I flashed the rom without gapps and that went smoothly and booted up OK, except that Developer Options keeps closing before I can enable USB Debugging. Now flashed the gapps and it is now taking an hour to boot up - stuck on optimising app 7 of 11.

xdagee

Sep 4, 2012
Accra
xdagee.github.io
Google Pixel 7
Not working on my DHD either. Device Manager sees the DHD as "My HTC", but the DHD does not appear on the file explorer. I flashed the rom without gapps and that went smoothly and booted up OK, except that Developer Options keeps closing before I can enable USB Debugging. Now flashed the gapps and it is now taking an hour to boot up - stuck on optimising app 7 of 11.

I had app crashing when I tried flashing gapps. I also got stacked at optimization app 7 of 11 until I removed the battery, fixed it back and reboot. It stared and completed but I couldn't by pass any of the setup screens. Every other app fc's. I rebooted into recovery and restored back. Now running without gapps. Still looking around for some compatible gapps for our device.

Last edited:
Reactions: MikhailM1

marek287

Dec 23, 2010
OnePlus 8 Pro
I had app crashing when I tried flashing gapps. I also got stacked at optimization app 7 of 11 until I removed the battery, fixed it back and reboot. It stared and completed but I couldn't by pass any of the setup screens. Every other app fc's. I rebooted into recovery and restored back. Now running without gapps. Still looking around for some compatible gapps for our device.

Wait until it finished first boot with gapps and all these errors are gone. It may take about hour. Only error what I got was Android AOSP Keyboard stopped error. I install F-droid and alternative keyboard AnySoftKeyboard. I have fully working phone with gapps now.

Last edited:

Mustaavalkosta

Dec 25, 2010
Tampere
opendesireproject.org
hi
i changed the data partition to ext4 but my pc can't identify the sd card and says that i should format it
what should i do ??
You need to have an OS that supports EXT4 in your PC if you are trying to directly access the card without your phone acting as a middle-man. Windows isn't natively such an OS. You can try these but I don't know if they work or not: http://www.howtogeek.com/112888/3-ways-to-access-your-linux-partitions-from-windows/

Reactions: kib0rg and PoXFreak

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    #include
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

General:
    These are UNOFFICIAL CM13.0 Marshmallow Nightlies brought to you by Open Desire Project and TeamCodefire as a continuum to CM10, 10.1, 11.0, 12.0 and 12.1 builds. Builds are generated automatically on daily basis. Process starts around 00:30 PST/PDT. If it fails, then there will be no build until the reason for failure is taken care of which can take time. Last 7 nightlies will be kept on the server. If you want a longer history of them, you are free to archive them yourself.

Thanks and credits:
    • Andromadus
    • CodeAuroraForum
    • CyanogenMod
    • BananaGranola
    • Epic Beard Men
    • eXistZ
    • Flemmard
    • Flinny
    • goo.im
    • Juansheng
    • paulb_nl
    • randomblame
    • synergye
    • kylon
    • TeamCodefire (for build server and hosting, priceless)
    • All the rest that have helped to construct these builds and develop software for ace directly or indirectly in the past.

Githubs:

Changelogs:

Installation instructions:
    1. Make sure you have properly converted your device to use aceopt partition layout.
    2. Download Nightlies
    3. Download gapps from here
    4. Put the files on SD card
    5. Reboot to recovery
    6. Do factory reset (ie. format /system, /data, /cache, /sd-ext and /sdcard/.android_secure)
    7. Flash cm-13.0-YYYYMMDD-UNOFFICIAL-aceopt.zip
    8. Flash gapps zip
    9. Remember to flash boot.img via fastboot if you have S-ON
    10. Reboot and enjoy

Update instructions:
    1. Download Nightlies
    2. Put the file on SD card
    3. Reboot to recovery
    4. Flash cm-13.0-YYYYMMDD-UNOFFICIAL-aceopt.zip
    5. Remember to reflash boot.img via fastboot if you have S-ON
    6. No need to flash gapps as CM backuptool script should take care of them (results may vary depending on which gapps package you are using)
    7. Reboot and enjoy

InspireMod

Kernel
    • Source: github
    • Compiler: stock AOSP gcc-4.9
    • Branch: cm-13.0
    • Kernel Version: 3.0.101
    • defconfig: ace_defconfig

Donations:
    • For build server & hosting: codefi.re (use the donation button)
    • I don't really need your money right now but if you insist on donating to me I suggest you donate that money to EFF instead here: https://supporters.eff.org/donate

XDA:DevDB Information
    [UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 13.0 Nightlies [EOL], ROM for the HTC Desire HD

Contributors
    Mustaavalkosta, paulb_nl, kylon, Phantom Shadow
    Source Code: https://github.com/OpenDesireProject

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 2.8.7.0
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2015-11-26
    Last Updated 2018-10-05
    End-of-Life

It's quite safe to say now that this project has officially reached its End-of-Life status. I haven't missed tinkering at all this year with all kinds of new things going on in my life and only thing that I've struggled with when it comes to this project has been whether or not it should be revived or not. The spark has been quite clearly extinguished so there's no point to keep this decision hanging anymore.

Despite the current lack of enthusiasm, it has been fun ride during the past ~4 years with everyone involved! So thank you all who made contributions in any way be it just using the final product or something more!

Wherever your life leads you in the future: be humble, be nice, be awesome! *drops the mic*
    There are also still some other issues with building. Not sure what's going on with missing libraries.

Code:
    /mnt/nfs-fs1-nfshomes_storage/mustaavalkosta/cm/13.0/nightly/out/host/linux-x86/bin/dex2oatd: error while loading shared libraries: libatomic.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I've been spending time outside now that flu somewhat passed and snow finally arrived doing things that can't be done when it's not proper winter (like ice skating on a close-by frozen lake) so no news about anything. There'll plenty of rainy days to rot inside later on. :)

I understand people are eager to have something in daily driver condition but this is a hobby for me after all and over time I've learned not to lose my sleep over it anymore which I suppose is good because stressing too much about this sort of thing is not healthy in the long-run especially now that my dog keeps me in quite tight daily routine with sleeping and such (ie. there's no pulling all-nighters anymore because he's quite merciless in the mornings when the nature calls). Maybe this affects how fast things will progress but life's a big balancing act. Anyways, I just wanted to drop a little explanation why things may seem slow at the moment although now that I read this again it seems like a list of excuses but oh well... :eek:
    Adoptable Storage

Continuing on the adoptable storage discussion from cm 12.1 thread:
    Now that I really thought about it, this is not a solution for us. Our biggest issue is the small system partition which won't benefit in any way from adoptable storage thus I will stick to maintaining only aceopt device tree and regular ace tree is frozen on cm-12.1.
    I just got camera libs to load and picture taking seems to be ok but camcorder doesn't save video files. I'm not sure why but hopefully it's something simple.

LCDC underflow flickering is now here too since it's camera related issue somehow so it's a kind of "win some, lose some" situation for the next nightly as long as I didn't forget to push any changes to github.