Phone crash resulting in large lost+found folder

Search This thread
I'm running CyanogenMod 11 on my Samsung Galaxy SII T989. I was just using my phone like I normally would any other day, and decided to reboot it since Bluetooth stopped working (a bug which disappears after a reboot). It wouldn't boot for a few minutes, then it went into a bootloop. I just let it sit for awhile and it finally booted. The result is a 300 MB "lost+found" folder with over 10,000 files with generic names looking like "#12345". Are those files going to be used anymore? If I delete them, will it affect my apps?

Trozzul

Jun 21, 2012
Seattle
I'm running CyanogenMod 11 on my Samsung Galaxy SII T989. I was just using my phone like I normally would any other day, and decided to reboot it since Bluetooth stopped working (a bug which disappears after a reboot). It wouldn't boot for a few minutes, then it went into a bootloop. I just let it sit for awhile and it finally booted. The result is a 300 MB "lost+found" folder with over 10,000 files with generic names looking like "#12345". Are those files going to be used anymore? If I delete them, will it affect my apps?

Try downloading clean master and see if it will detect what it is, try the junk clean up first then if it won't go away try the advanced cleaning but read what it is first.

MeasleyBeasley

Aug 3, 2014
The Great White North
Temporary fix

I've had the same problem on the same device (SGH-T989), using a variety of ROMs (stock, CM, AOKP, Carbon). Clean Master didn't find these files. Using ES File Explorer (root enabled) I was able to go to /data/lost+found, select all, and delete them. It was a little buggy (ES File Explorer claimed 0% completion/said there were no files to delete), but it worked.

From what I've read on the subject, lost+found are junk files and are not called by running applications.

I expect these files to reappear soon, but they're easy enough to delete.