Search This thread

bjcolema

Feb 22, 2008
oh yeah, the first thing I do is disable SmartLock and install the Mini HD one b/c it is so nice :) I will try running the new flash method for this tonight and keep fingers crossed!

I notice the screen shifting too, especially when whipping out to landscape, and also problems w/ the on-screen keyboard popping up all over the place. there are a few graphical hitches like this, but thats b/c Manilla 2.5 doesn't support landscape very well (however if you map a key to shift the screen, it works rather well) all-in-all, with a little patience, its still bad ass!

I really wish that MS Voice Command didn't lower the overall volume..that is the only deal killer, but not enough to make me go back to stock! ;) I wonder if its lowered b/c it anticipates the "annnounce caller" feature being active (b/c thats kinda what it does when it is active) so going to enable that and see what happens. EDIT: what am I talking about, you guys probably know why this is and its been a problem for years, its not like I'll solve some mystery!! LOL

Ok...the one thing I have not done with this rom is Task 29...until now. Doing a minimum install (just a few of my apps) and we'll see what happens. I love this rom too much to give up on it lol. It's the best thing going right now, without the nag issues.

dominicanman912

Jan 7, 2009
Savannah, Georgia
I really wish that MS Voice Command didn't lower the overall volume..that is the only deal killer, but not enough to make me go back to stock! ;) I wonder if its lowered b/c it anticipates the "annnounce caller" feature being active (b/c thats kinda what it does when it is active) so going to enable that and see what happens. EDIT: what am I talking about, you guys probably know why this is and its been a problem for years, its not like I'll solve some mystery!! LOL

there is a work around for voice command. it does in fact lower ringtone sounds because it changes the registry when installed for anticipation of announcing over the ringtone. this is what works for me. install Voice Command and then soft reset. then go in and change the registry exactly like seen here----> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=560605 and soft reset again! if you do it correctly, then you will enjoy loud ringtones with Voice Command enabled or disabled! try it out and let me know if it works and maybe dot can post it on the first page or even maybe implicate the registry changes while cooking roms. i have been using this method for months and forgot to post it.

dominicanman912

Jan 7, 2009
Savannah, Georgia
Have you already tried unchecking the "suspend" option on smartlock? I am not having the SOD issue, once I disable the auto lock. I'm just having other strange issues like the screen shifting up about 1/8 of an inch, several of the apps I have been able to run on other roms seemed to bog this one down. But, like I said, once I got it up and going it clicks super fast. I am using it now. Love the FB tab, and even Twitter is performing farely well. Startup graphics are one of kind...overall the performance is great.

i have seen the glitch at times too. never paid attention close enough to see exactly what it is yet

b24zero

Oct 7, 2009
My company uses two self-signed certificates for email. Is there a way that can auto intall the certs just like AutoInstall folder does?

DADDYDC650

Feb 4, 2010
Installed the latest version (26-Mar-21897) and it's running great! Almost perfect from what I can tell so far. Only flaw is the action screen not working correctly in landscape mode. =*(

Thank you for you hard work chef! Awesome ROM!

bjcolema

Feb 22, 2008
Ok...the one thing I have not done with this rom is Task 29...until now. Doing a minimum install (just a few of my apps) and we'll see what happens. I love this rom too much to give up on it lol. It's the best thing going right now, without the nag issues.

Ok....still have the graphic glitch. Even with only minutes of use, the screen shifts up leaving a gap at the bottom between the slider and the bottom bar and cutting off the top of the screen below the top bar. Even when you move from Manila...the defect is still there. It's as if there is something wrong with the graphics files....I dunno.

Oh well...

rightjb

Dec 10, 2008
Houston/LA
Incoming call silent

When I'm on a call I can not hear any notification that another call is ringing in (if I look at the screen I see it). Is this a dialer issue with ATT or has anyone else had this problem?

dotcompt

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2008
Porto
twitter.com
Ok....still have the graphic glitch. Even with only minutes of use, the screen shifts up leaving a gap at the bottom between the slider and the bottom bar and cutting off the top of the screen below the top bar. Even when you move from Manila...the defect is still there. It's as if there is something wrong with the graphics files....I dunno.

Oh well...

Could you post some screens.

token2k6

Feb 13, 2010
Houston, TX
there is a work around for voice command. it does in fact lower ringtone sounds because it changes the registry when installed for anticipation of announcing over the ringtone. this is what works for me. install Voice Command and then soft reset. then go in and change the registry exactly like seen here----> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=560605 and soft reset again! if you do it correctly, then you will enjoy loud ringtones with Voice Command enabled or disabled! try it out and let me know if it works and maybe dot can post it on the first page or even maybe implicate the registry changes while cooking roms. i have been using this method for months and forgot to post it.

dude, you are the man! It completely worked!! and I just pissed off my wife working on it for 15 minutes! LOL. At first I didn't manually enter the "Value AttenuationCategory: DWORD, Value data: 4" b/c I didn't know how/want to change it, but when I added it, it took the string off, and worked w/o a soft reset! Thank you so much! now to see if I want to try out 21897 (I told myself I wasn't going to flash a rom today..)

keep up the great work dotcompt, I don't follow many other ROM threadz, but its good to see you keeping up w/ posts and are always willing to help!!

edit: and I finally followed some directions in the second post about how to speed things up. Well I stopped using an animated 'weather' wallpaper and man! this thing is smooth w/o it. I truly loved the eye candy of the animation on the home page, but sometimes it didn't start automatically, and found that as soon as you jump to the weather tab from pressing on the homepage, the animation plays anyway.

Last edited:

dominicanman912

Jan 7, 2009
Savannah, Georgia
dude, you are the man! It completely worked!! and I just pissed off my wife working on it for 15 minutes! LOL. At first I didn't manually enter the "Value AttenuationCategory: DWORD, Value data: 4" b/c I didn't know how/want to change it, but when I added it, it took the string off, and worked w/o a soft reset! Thank you so much! now to see if I want to try out 21897 (I told myself I wasn't going to flash a rom today..)

no prob man. it had worked for me on all of deepshining roms. now maybe if some more people try it out and it works, they will not have a reason to stray away from voice command anymore. voice command is a must have for me and now its even better now that i dont have to sacrifice ringtone volume.

bjcolema

Feb 22, 2008
21897 Is amazing! Being honest I downloaded the new 23xxx from NRG but flashed this first and wow. I can't find anything wrong. If you did not change anything else between this and the 23 rom it must have to do with the build. I am set for a while now. Even battery life is dramatically better. With the added fb tab the differences between 23 and 21 are almost hidden by sense.

My compliments to the chef. THIS is why I hung around. To help...I may backup what I have to flash back and get those screen shots of the graphic glitch.

arsen1977

Jan 9, 2010
Edison
DeepShining X5.21987 this is by far the best rom i have ever used!

is there a way of uninstalling programs like bing, smart lyrics, google maps, messenger.

Thank you for great work!

dotcompt

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2008
Porto
twitter.com

keep up the great work dotcompt, I don't follow many other ROM threadz, but its good to see you keeping up w/ posts and are always willing to help!!

edit: and I finally followed some directions in the second post about how to speed things up. Well I stopped using an animated 'weather' wallpaper and man! this thing is smooth w/o it. I truly loved the eye candy of the animation on the home page, but sometimes it didn't start automatically, and found that as soon as you jump to the weather tab from pressing on the homepage, the animation plays anyway.

Added to the first post in HELP ME FORUM QUICK LINKS section.
Thanks guys

DeepShining X5.21987 this is by far the best rom i have ever used!

is there a way of uninstalling programs like bing, smart lyrics, google maps, messenger.

Thank you for great work!

Sorry but not possible to uninstall.

Take care

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BTW, almost forgot about the Thanks button that only a few deepshining users are using. Joe Bleau made me thinking and I will probably use my Thanks Meter as a reference to release a new ROM. This said, my next goal is 100 thanks and at this moment 69 thanks are missing.

This will probably be the end of deepshining development. :D:D:D
    Hi guys,

There are almost 2000 downloads since ROMs were released last friday and I am just curious to know if battery life is worst or better with X14.

Could you please provide some feedback.

Thanks
    dot
    X14 released for Sense, Touchstone and CHT ROMs

Hi guys,

A lot of a hard work but it is finally here:

2-Apr-2011: DeepShining X14.28245.Touchstone & Sense & CHT details:

. WinMo 28245.
    . New drivers from RHOD 2.10. (tentative to fix SOD that some users reported).
    . HTC Peep Security update (twitter).
    . Youtube sound fixed and a BIG thanks to WildChild.
    . Tentative to fix the Chinese display support.
    . Fixed some missing features in Total Commander.
    . New Power Management tweaks to extend battery life even further.
    . Improved perfomance.
    . HTC Packages updated.
    . Removed .Sincity Theme (for now) from the Co0kie ROM.

Latest ROMs - DOWNLOAD HERE

Have fun
    dot
    It's quite incredible that you have only a Thanks Meter of 30 @ the present. :confused: Come on guys, click the Thanks button on some of dotcompt's posts. If you don't see the Thanks button next to Quote then check bottom left of this page and switch to the XDA 2010 UI instead of the XDA Classic. This said, some have a high score in part because of tag teams like in the NRG Rhodium thread for example.

I have been testing the DeepShining X14.28245.Sense on my spare Tilt 2 since a couple of days & it's fast & fluid. Thanks dotcompt for your continuous development of ROMs for our Rhodiums! :cool:

This said there are a few things that bugged me so here are some fixes that could be integrated in the nextROMs:

Autolock on screen turning off: that is a major annoyance IMO. I don't need the phone to auto lock all the time when it's lying on my desk. I searched for a switch or app to enable/disable in Start but could not find any. After searching the thread: auto lock returns 12 results, autolock returns 16 and lock returns 220 with a bunch of registry tweak fixes but that's not viable to disable/enable on the fly.

It turns out that it's the LockDevice V1.6 by Daniel Herrero rey that is cooked currently but w/o the GUI link to change the settings. Using Total Commander, I found the LockDeviceGUI.lnk in phone/Windows and copied it to Start but I got an error on running it. The solution was to download the LockDevice_V1.6.CAB from Herrero's thread Et voilà! A new LockDevice link in Start Menu and no more swiping to unlock every few minutes. :) Maybe it should be disabled by default w/ info in the FAQ's about the LockDevice GUI app?

Next, looking in the Start Menu, I saw the bland File Explorer and then in Tools an other File Explorer but with the logo of the awesome Total Commander. :confused: And when adding a quicklink on Home or Programs tabs, one can see the same thing in the popup program list choices.

So, using said Total Commander (a.k.a. Tools/"File Explorer" or "Explorer" on the Action screen): > navigate to Windows > Start Menu > Tools > tap & hold "File Explorer" & rename it to the proper Total Commander. After doing that, while still in TC, move the link to Start\Programs so you can put it next to File Explorer. I use TC 20 times a day so no reason to mislabel it and hide it in Tools IMO. ;) I made a small cab that changes the TC icon to a better one found in the ROM in the same style as the one for the File Explorer. Just copy the cab to memory card & run from there AFTER renaming the link.

The Call History metro style icon on the slider bar really clashes with the rest and it's smack in the middle by default so after some research, it turns out that the files in this ROM for that tab are:

6BECE1ED_manila, 13C88F06_manila, 17148F3B_manila and 461884d8_manila.

I extracted only them from theuser's Slider Tab Icons Pack cab and cabbed them for your convenience. Those blue book/phone/history icon files are in this ROM's Windows directory but their name was shortened by 1 digit so that clashing metro thing could take it's place. :confused:

Finally, the cooked bnm7bnm's Colored HTC Comm Manager tab + 11 Buttons has nice color icons but for some reasons the slider switch are RED when turned off. An eyesore and it attracts the eye on stuff that's turned off. :confused: So I made an other simple cab to fix this. BTW it would be nice to have the same style of colored icons (for consistency & fast visual identification) in the Slider > Settings tab. ;)

Thanks for your feedback mate, your post was very usefull and I will make some changes in a future update taking your review in consideration.
    i reflashed and now it works perfect, no more terminating my data connection when i press the end key
    Now if Dot could get youtube working with High Quality videos and sound, that'd be the last rom i'd flash on my tilt2:D

Thanks to a awesome help from a XDA Member I finally fixed the Youtube sound problem.

Working on X14...It will be a blast.