[ROM][AOSP][11.0.0_r39]PixelROM Project[beryllium][2021/07/15]

Search This thread

vargas199511

Nov 26, 2013
Software rebotot

When taking a screenshot using Google assistant, it reboots when you close the sharing window ,also the screen lags and freezes when using Instagram or messages doesn't respond to any touch gesture

MeHigh.G

Nov 21, 2014
Bucharest
www.andebe.ro
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8T
When taking a screenshot using Google assistant, it reboots when you close the sharing window ,also the screen lags and freezes when using Instagram or messages doesn't respond to any touch gesture

That is so strange! I've been on this rom since the beginning and this is the first time I heard something like that.
Did you do a clean flash and a full wipe installing this ROM?

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

Got error when instaling on newest TWRP its say "ZIp treble compatibility error, Invalid Zip file format"

then that recovery img is not compatible with your device. Try regular twrp 3.3.0 .img

luiwii

Jan 1, 2014
Valencia
Nothing Phone 1
because it tells me that I have to format the SD, it is the only ROM that puts it on me, otherwise I love the ROM, it just needs to be able to record 60 French video, thanks for the effort

Batsy538

Dec 26, 2017
OnePlus 7 Pro
The New assistant was not working for me it's asking me it needs to download additional files but then says network issues i also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but no use

MeHigh.G

Nov 21, 2014
Bucharest
www.andebe.ro
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8T
Oh yeah?
Watch this:
Do you have it installed on this rom?
Then please do share. I have a lot of ppl asking that question and no one really got an answer that helped them not to get into a bootloop.

---------- Post added at 02:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 AM ----------

The New assistant was not working for me it's asking me it needs to download additional files but then says network issues i also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but no use
You probably are a beta on google app. Live the beta, uninstall updates, and then it will work.

VitorHuP

Mar 20, 2018
I followed the steps and it's working, no bootloops. Just follow carefully and everything is gonna be alright

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using XDA Labs

MeHigh.G

Nov 21, 2014
Bucharest
www.andebe.ro
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8T

sandys1

Jun 4, 2010
super noob question - if this ROM deletes recovery, then how is one supposed to update ? does it do OTA ?
And in case recovery is always required...why does it delete recovery ? I'm a bit confused on why this architecture was chosen. I'm not looking to have anything special (like kernels, unencrypted, etc). I'm just interested in a nice Pixel experience on my poco

ammarvora

Aug 27, 2011
Bhuj
Hello everyone,

After flashing this ROM my ambient light sensor is not working. Is it bug or common? Anyone else facing this problem? I cleaned flash it.

Thank you.

ahmd gom3aa

Jul 31, 2017
OnePlus 9 Pro
super noob question - if this ROM deletes recovery, then how is one supposed to update ? does it do OTA ?
And in case recovery is always required...why does it delete recovery ? I'm a bit confused on why this architecture was chosen. I'm not looking to have anything special (like kernels, unencrypted, etc). I'm just interested in a nice Pixel experience on my poco
fastboot flash recovery
after successful; reboot to recovery
mount system
advanced
file manager
system/ system
delete (recovery-from-boot) file

MeHigh.G

Nov 21, 2014
Bucharest
www.andebe.ro
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8T
If you follow the install instructions you will not lose your recovery.

Reactions: shivamsnaik

shivamsnaik

Dec 3, 2015
No decryption

I have followed the exact instructions for flashing: 1. Wipe all data, 2. Flash Rom 3. Flash DFE.zip. Even after following these steps, on booting the rom it asks for password which I have never set. Now I have no Idea how to get into the ROM without formatting my data. Kindly help

Hi guys!
I really like the pixel rom and it works smoothly.
I have two problems.
The first is - without any reason - the fluctuation of lighting The second is that I can't root the device. I'm trying to install magisk 19.4, but I get an error message "can't mount storage" or something like this.
What steps do you advise me to take in order to root properly and not lose my data?
Thank you

HC4Life

Nov 16, 2007
Hardcore
Do you have it installed on this rom?
Then please do share. I have a lot of ppl asking that question and no one really got an answer that helped them not to get into a bootloop.
Yes it's running perfect on this rom. Just follow the steps as show on the video.

Sent from my Xiaomi Poco F1 using XDA Labs

fredijp

Jan 18, 2013
I have followed the exact instructions for flashing: 1. Wipe all data, 2. Flash Rom 3. Flash DFE.zip. Even after following these steps, on booting the rom it asks for password which I have never set. Now I have no Idea how to get into the ROM without formatting my data. Kindly help

Use the file manager in twrp... Open Data ... Then in it open system ... In system folder delete "locksettings.db"
This removes startup password and all passwords

seninnha

Dec 5, 2014
Strange thing happen here. I installed this rom, but somehow I am not able to get in to TWRP.
When I reboot my phone and hold the volume button up...NO COMMAND appears on my screen??

Only thing I did was wipe data , cache but also format data.
After that TWRP was working fine.

Only after installed this ROM no TWRP available.

Even after following the instructions

Last edited:

sandys1

Jun 4, 2010
If you follow the install instructions you will not lose your recovery.

yes - im aware there is a file to be deleted.

im asking why did the developer make the choice that the *default* behavior is to remove recovery. is that better for someone who is not looking for customization ?
if that's the case - then how is updates done.

do you believe it is a mistake that the ROM does in deleting recovery by default ?

Reactions: heyalfaq

Top Liked Posts