considering Note 3 how is battey

Search This thread

Eric214

Oct 24, 2012
Philly
^^ I only say hate cause you basically called me a liar and i have no reason to lie. I don't have any ss other then what i posted like i said since i don't usually take SS, i don't have a need to. I was just answering the OP about battery since i was reading people were getting only 5 hours of screen time and mine gets 5 hours of screen time with half the battery to go on pretty heavy usage. Take it as you will, it is what it is man.

XxLostSoulxX

May 22, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I never specified the region did I? Fact is the G flex is out. And actually folks have the flex from today in the US (at least AT&T) so what now?

Now youre bringing the note 2 when were actually talking about the note 3. If he was getting 10 hours of screen on time with normal usage then we should see more of it in the battery life thread right? But guess what? We do not. Everybody knows that the note 3 has good battery life, but 10 hrs of screen on time? You have to be kidding yourself. Nobody gets that on average unless again, youre doing everything you can so you can reach that to post it here for bragging rights. I think it is misleading as some folks might wanna purchase this phone thinking that its that kind of battery life they would get.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

It's not available on att. Call any store they'll tell you. Oh and the guy who showed it put it on the kernel thread he used. which I believe was on WonderChildX. He was on tweaked rom and tweaked his phone as well to do so to get those numbers.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

elosogrande7076

Dec 11, 2006
how are you guys getting these times? Im rooted and still trying different kernels and ROMS but Im still only getting 4 hours of Screen time. Any tips or settings?

barondebxl

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
It's not available on att. Call any store they'll tell you. Oh and the guy who showed it put it on the kernel thread he used. which I believe was on WonderChildX. He was on tweaked rom and tweaked his phone as well to do so to get those numbers.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

It is, some orders shipped already, ppl are selling them on ebay.

I dont think u understand my point, the note 3 cannot average 10 hrs of screen time of average use, if it was the case then youll see more ppl showing that.

The point about the g flex is that I was using the unlocked one which doesnt even have LTE which means that it should suweeze more juice and even with that phone, the lesser ppi and the bigger battery I never average 10 hrs of screen on time. I averaged 7 consistantly and reached 8 a couple of times.

Eric214

Oct 24, 2012
Philly
It is, some orders shipped already, ppl are selling them on ebay.

I dont think u understand my point, the note 3 cannot average 10 hrs of screen time of average use, if it was the case then youll see more ppl showing that.

The point about the g flex is that I was using the unlocked one which doesnt even have LTE which means that it should suweeze more juice and even with that phone, the lesser ppi and the bigger battery I never average 10 hrs of screen on time. I averaged 7 consistantly and reached 8 a couple of times.

You do realize software optimizations can mean as much as of any of that. LG maybe worse then Samsung with SW Optimizations. You aren't comparing apples to apples. Plus locking down apps that you don't need running background data also is a huge help in battery life. Almost NO ONE restricts background data on individual apps that you don't need running that way. Apps like ES file manager, DropBox (yes it still syncs), Gallery, Netflix, HBO Go, TiBu, Polaris Office, YouTube, SpeedTest, SlingPLayer, Gsam, Wakelock detector, Trigger, Flipboard/My Magazine (I don't use them) just to name a few. Also, if you're Rooted and on a Stock ROM and use a a different launcher like Nova make sure you freeze BOTH TW launchers. All this help battery life but still allows all the apps to work.

Also, I never once said i average 10+ hours of SoT, just that i have gotten that and more then a couple times. You're arguing a point that was never said/made.

Last edited:

barondebxl

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Also, I never once said i average 10+ hours of SoT, just that i have gotten that and more then a couple times. You're arguing a point that was never said/made.

The way u said sounded like thats what u get on an average. Is it possible for the note 3 to get 10hrs of screen time period? Absolutely. But so can the HTC one x, the galaxy s 4, the nexus 5 phones that dont have as good battery life as the note 3. But on an average usage? Absolutely not. I hope I made myself clear.

serv380

Oct 5, 2012
Sent from my SM-N900T using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1391489971904.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1391489971904.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 66
  • uploadfromtaptalk1391489986555.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1391489986555.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 70

rambo8987

May 12, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Tweaked rom running lean kernel

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1391491127193.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1391491127193.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 68
  • uploadfromtaptalk1391491148219.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1391491148219.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 72

XxLostSoulxX

May 22, 2010
Charlotte, NC
The way u said sounded like thats what u get on an average. Is it possible for the note 3 to get 10hrs of screen time period? Absolutely. But so can the HTC one x, the galaxy s 4, the nexus 5 phones that dont have as good battery life as the note 3. But on an average usage? Absolutely not. I hope I made myself clear.

Here you go here's the guys Screenshots

I get 10 hrs screen and 1 and half to 2 days on my tw rom. Cm can do better? Let me know I may try it honestly I havent had the urge but if battery is that good I may. Im a sucker for awesome battery stats.

Sent from my SM-N900T

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1390830140729.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390830140729.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 50
  • uploadfromtaptalk1390830127651.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390830127651.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

XxLostSoulxX

May 22, 2010
Charlotte, NC
What about the graph? And read the comment you quoted from me. U can achieve 10 hrs of screen time if that's what you're aiming at but this isn't the average screen on time the note 3 gives you.

the graph just makes it bigger they show the graph on the first screenie I attached. that was normal usage on his phone. to me whats normal and extreme may differ from others.

parusia

Nov 19, 2010
Houston
What about the graph? And read the comment you quoted from me. U can achieve 10 hrs of screen time if that's what you're aiming at but this isn't the average screen on time the note 3 gives you.

2e6a5ety.jpg

Do you own a note 3?

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

barondebxl

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Do you own a note 3?

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yep

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

the graph just makes it bigger they show the graph on the first screenie I attached. that was normal usage on his phone. to me whats normal and extreme may differ from others.

Ok then.

edo101

Oct 26, 2013
Tips for Battery usage and longetivity

Question, It appears that my new Note 3 can do 17H (after 10% remaining) with 3h 11m screen time. Is this normal? Btw should I let the battery run out completely for the first few times I'm using this phone (I just bought it yesterday) or does the "memory effect" not happen anymore?

My phone is still stock, no updates/flashing (I hope to find a safe way with alerting KNOX soon)...are there any programs to elongate battery life?

Also do you guys notice, Mediaserver eating up some battery too? I play my songs and video off my SD card.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Really depends on how you use the phone, what kind of signal you get, how you work inside, if you play games etc.

Typically I get a good 10 hours on my phone without any charging, but I am seldom in that position, I have wireless chargers at work and home and charge any time I am sleeping.

Never had a note 2 to compare with but this phone is way better than my previous and I use it a lot more than the old one.
    I think he meant 6.5 hours screen time.
    Thought the 6.5 hours was a joke. Wow 10 hour is not mutch unless you are a extra heavy user. I would usually get between 14 to 16 hours with about 3 hours of screen on for internet and gaming. This was on Jedi Master x20 with custom rom

someone out must be getting 14 to 16 hours. If not is it because oh the HD screen?

going to do more research on Note 3.

thanks for your insite.

2uzy6u6y.jpg
    y7ynytan.jpg

This is my screen time on my note 3.

Battery life is good but there's better (G2, G Flex).

I'm getting 10+ hours of screen time on my Note 3. I'm rooted with just a deodexed stock rom with bloat removed. This phone is amazing with battery life.