Stuck in Samsung Galaxy S4 splash screen

Search This thread

goodfellaz2k3

Sep 10, 2010
Hey all, in need of a little assistance. I was running the tri-force 5.3 rom. loved it, but saw that 5.4 came out. I tried downloading it and got stuck at a screen where it said it had failed. i then tried to follow the steps by reflashing the stock rom and now i am stuck at the spash screen with the red and yellow words at the top. or it pops up saying System software not authorized by samsung has been found on your phone. with yellow triangle in the middle. Anyone know what i need to get past this screen? I believe i was running an MDL prior to this if it helps. I also can still get into the download screen (power + vol down)

ROMANTiC KiD

Mar 2, 2011
If you were still in mdl then just odin back to mdl and start fresh again.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

cruise350

Dec 11, 2007
Memphis, TN
We need to know what firmware you were on before you installed the custom rom. If you were on MF9 or older you can download the MF9 tar file and odin it to your phone. If you were on MJA or MK2, then you need to download the MK2 tar file and odin that.

goodfellaz2k3

Sep 10, 2010
We need to know what firmware you were on before you installed the custom rom. If you were on MF9 or older you can download the MF9 tar file and odin it to your phone. If you were on MJA or MK2, then you need to download the MK2 tar file and odin that.

im pretty sure it was MDL. i bought the phone in early january. is their a way to check without being able to go past the splash screen?

goodfellaz2k3

Sep 10, 2010
Alright I figured it out. All i was doing wrong was not installing the firmware in odin. got my phone back up and running. Now my problem is installing triforce 5.4. loved the rom, but everytime i flash it, it gets stuck at the splash screen. any suggestions?