Modifying Dialer & Contacts Silhouettes

Search This thread

tdunham

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 21, 2008
TampaBay
I'm trying to do a little theming with the phone dialer & contacts so I thought I'd start out with some easier ones like the dialer & contacts Silhouettes (see screenshots).
BTW, what used to be SecPhone.apk is now system/priv-app/SecTeleservice.apk. The silhouette images are there and I can change them out but there is no change in the dialer and contacts (contacts.apk changed too btw).

Any of you brainy themers out there can help with this one?
Tnx - TD

How to remove Banner from incall screen:
(Examples in attached screenshots 3 & 4)
Change only the values in InCallUI.apk/res/values/colors.xml to match:
Code:
    <color name="incall_call_banner_active_bg">#00000000</color>
    <color name="incall_call_banner_disconnect_bg">#00000000</color>
    <color name="incall_call_banner_incoming_bg">#00000000</color>
    <color name="incall_call_banner_onhold_bg">#00000000</color>
    <color name="incall_call_banner_default_bg">#00000000</color>

Last edited:
Reactions: prboy1969

JoeFCaputo113

Feb 2, 2013
New York
I'm trying to do a little theming with the phone dialer & contacts so I thought I'd start out with some easier ones like the dialer & contacts Silhouettes (see screenshots).
BTW, what used to be SecPhone.apk is now system/priv-app/SecTeleservice.apk. The silhouette images are there and I can change them out but there is no change in the dialer and contacts (contacts.apk changed too btw).

Any of you brainy themers out there can help with this one?
Tnx - TD

Update:
Moderators - I do realize this is a 'question' but please be kind enough to leave this post in Themes & Apps thread as we find a resolution. ;)

Looks good so far! Definitely diggin' the black n blue themed contacts. Would be awesome if you could black out the dialer!

tdunham

Jun 21, 2008
TampaBay
Looks good so far! Definitely diggin' the black n blue themed contacts.
Ahh yes, I'm importing a theme from a Note 3. The image sizes are very similarly sized and I've used this guys work before. It's pretty awesome if I can figure out the file differences. Our 4.4.2 is totally different than the other builds out there.
I think the file we need to deal with is called InCallUI.apk. I side-tracked a little though because I'm trying to repair the InCallUI file so it will fully recompile so I can try removing the call banner because that method is not working an longer either.

JoeFCaputo113

Feb 2, 2013
New York
Ahh yes, I'm importing a theme from a Note 3. The image sizes are very similarly sized and I've used this guys work before. It's pretty awesome if I can figure out the file differences. Our 4.4.2 is totally different than the other builds out there.
I think the file we need to deal with is called InCallUI.apk. I side-tracked a little though because I'm trying to repair the InCallUI file so it will fully recompile so I can try removing the call banner because that method is not working an longer either.

Yes I believe you are correct, InCallUI and SecTeleservice are the main APKs for phone/contacts now.

What do you mean by "removing the call banner"?

tdunham

Jun 21, 2008
TampaBay
Yes I believe you are correct, InCallUI and SecTeleservice are the main APKs for phone/contacts now.

What do you mean by "removing the call banner"?
An example of the call banner is that large green banner at the top of the screenshots I posted for the in-call screen. It changes color depending on the call status but I hate it, want it gone and prefer the full screen display without it. If I get it working, I'll post a screenshot so you can see the difference.

Reactions: beisboller

JoeFCaputo113

Feb 2, 2013
New York
An example of the call banner is that large green banner at the top of the screenshots I posted for the in-call screen. It changes color depending on the call status but I hate it, want it gone and prefer the full screen display without it. If I get it working, I'll post a screenshot so you can see the difference.

Ok sounds good!

reverepats

Dec 22, 2010
Boston,MA
looking right now brotha....On the S4 the Call Banner was in res-Values-Colors.xml and was incall_call_banner_in_call_background...which i always made Transparent

Sammy moved a TON of stuff around and has throw myself oiff a bit too lol.

Im just a little over halfway with my stuff, but still working on the COntacts and Dialer

GImme one sec, lemme see if i can track it down real quick

EDIT....YWait....are talking about the GReen in the SS? or the In cAll banner when your in an actual call? THere is a Banner for "In Call" and "End Call" which is in the Colors XML in the TeleService apk. THat will get rid of the Banner there, which i reall Dislike. If your trying to get rid of that Ugly green, thats an image

Last edited:

tdunham

Jun 21, 2008
TampaBay
looking right now brotha....On the S4 the Call Banner was in res-Values-Colors.xml and was incall_call_banner_in_call_background...which i always made Transparent

Im just a little over halfway with my stuff, but still working on the COntacts and Dialer

EDIT....YWait....are talking about the GReen in the SS? or the In cAll banner when your in an actual call?
I already tried the colors.xml edit in SecTeleService and it did not work so I'm going to give it a shot with InCallUI here in a bit.

tdunham

Jun 21, 2008
TampaBay
Interesting, some icons changed when I morphed incallui but still the silhouettes are the same. I'll have to go through the drawables and make sure the filenames are the same but I think they are.

reverepats

Dec 22, 2010
Boston,MA
Interesting, some icons changed when I morphed incallui but still the silhouettes are the same. I'll have to go through the drawables and make sure the filenames are the same but I think they are.
i hate using morphs...Honestly....It sounds Real Stupid (Especially today) but i stopped Morphing images a long time ago. Some apks dont seem to like em, but VRTheme seemed to work pretty good on the Note 3 i heard....

You using VRTheme?

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

i know how to REPAIR the InCallUI apk

Have you done that yet? You'll get the usuall "appt" errors, but it will recompile

HERE

Go To InCallUI>res>values-es>strings.xml

Then go to Line 544 and you'll see this: <string name="throttle_time_frame_subtext">"%1$d% del ciclo transcurrido.

Remove the last Percent sign from this "%1$d%" and make it this "%1$d"

InCallUI will now Recompile..You'll get the usual "appt" errors but it will be fine.

Last edited:

tdunham

Jun 21, 2008
TampaBay
i hate using morphs...Honestly....It sounds Real Stupid (Especially today) but i stopped Morphing images a long time ago. Some apks dont seem to like em, but VRTheme seemed to work pretty good on the Note 3 i heard....

You using VRTheme?
I only use the term 'Morph' as an acronym. I really do use VRTheme. The real Morph template does not play well with TWRP but seems to be ok in Philz but I stopped using it because of that.
Alright, looks like I found all the images for the silhouettes are new filenames in the callui file. I think I better resize all of them to make sure they are happy as well. That's going to take me a little while... I'll report back in later.

reverepats

Dec 22, 2010
Boston,MA
Ok, I'm getting there.
I still don't have proper images for contact silhouette images though for some reason.
Got rid of the banners as well. ;)

I gotcha. I'm gonna be home in an hour or so. If you want, you csn DL one of themes from the sprint S4 for a reference if you'd like. I gotta do this all myself today, so I'm gonna take it in a bit. There is a Contacts apk, just can't remember the correct file name off hand, but the contact photo will definately be there.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Reactions: tdunham

tdunham

Jun 21, 2008
TampaBay
I gotcha. I'm gonna be home in an hour or so. If you want, you csn DL one of themes from the sprint S4 for a reference if you'd like. I gotta do this all myself today, so I'm gonna take it in a bit. There is a Contacts apk, just can't remember the correct file name off hand, but the contact photo will definately be there.
Great the avatar icons are killing me (the ones for the contacts/call logs/favorites). The only ones I can find are in SecSettings believe it or not but replacing them does not help. :rolleyes:
Plus, I need a fresh set of eyes.

Attachments

20.2 KB · Views: 180
    19.8 KB · Views: 177
    19.9 KB · Views: 173
    19.3 KB · Views: 171
    19.5 KB · Views: 179

tdunham

Jun 21, 2008
TampaBay
I posted a little guide on the OP to remove the banner from the call screens.
It is different than previous versions btw.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Seems like these new image files are gonna put a hurt on us themers untill we can get a batch converter, but even then having to covert back to pkm this is gonna take some time. Unless we make some type of smali edits perhaps to point to our own created pngs for apps we want to theme with these types of images, in gonna play around with this myself this week.
    It's hard to say.
    I went through and replaced and bunch of .pkm files with their .png counterparts and didn't have any issues with the contacts file so I think if we could just get all the pkm files to decompile, we'd be golden.
    Lol he did some awesome work on the s4 so I was just curious

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yes, @BillyHo @cerj did amazing work. I am missing his chrome theme on the S5. Wonder if his stuff an be ported to the S5.... (I would have no idea) but he might. :D

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk 2
    Just one of my many stalkers. :confused:

Lol he did some awesome work on the s4 so I was just curious

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

EDIT....YWait....are talking about the GReen in the SS? or the In cAll banner when your in an actual call? THere is a Banner for "In Call" and "End Call" which is in the Colors XML in the TeleService apk. THat will get rid of the Banner there, which i reall Dislike. If your trying to get rid of that Ugly green, thats an image
    Ok, I'm getting there.
    I still don't have proper images for contact silhouette images though for some reason.
    Got rid of the banners as well. ;)