• Screenshot_20160228-052821.png
    Screenshot_20160228-052821.png
    98.5 KB · Views: 15,194
Last edited:

sarshar

Apr 4, 2011
Edmonton
My pleasure to be the first one in OP !

With wishful regards to my brother, UpInTheAir for his hard work I'm writing to inform people around about the biggest problems I've experienced with this kernel since MM.

I was afraid of flashing stock ROM, hence I waited about a week to have a debloated/tested custom ROM.
Once one came out, I had to have both bootloader and modem flashed to make custom MM ROM working, I did and everything seemed to be happy at the moment but problems started to ruin my head (some of them still exist although)
I had problems with sudden screen off with the only solution of hard rebooting, Synapse couldn't be working and this kernel is much more power with synapse.
Any how, after 2 weeks of pain I tested something stupid which worked for me.

I flashed a stock ROM with odin, then flashed TWRP 3 and then a custom rom and at the end kernel flashing procedures. the only problem which still exists is charging while phone is off or even rebooting from recovery/bootloader while phone is pluggen in with USB cable.

Everything else is working so fine.

I really recommend to flash a STOCK ROM instead of BL/MODEM only.
by the way, since presence of supersu 2.68 so many issues have gone as well which wasn't available at the time of initial releases of SkyHigh nor Marshmallow for Samsung.

Last edited:

UpInTheAir

Account currently disabled
Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
My pleasure to be the first one in OP !
Where is download link ?

so, does it mean I dare to flash 6.0.1 with odin and flash this kernel to have the latest Mashrmallow without deep sleep issue, lagging and any battery draining culprits recently introduced in samsung MM based on rooting ?

my main reason to migrate to MM is absolutely Doze feature to get rid of some battery draining issues in LP and because of BPB6 bootloader I'm afraid of flashing MM until I certainly be sure about having all features I had in LP.

By the way, why SELinux is enforcing ? any technical limitation? any solution to set it to permissive ?
Amount of software I'm using are extremely SELinux dependent and I hate any kind of SELinux, KNOX and restrictions in Android OS.

Geez . . .impatient. I am preparing the thread !!! It takes time

If you didn't like MM, easy enough to downgrade again ;)

Enforcing for now, features added later. Hopefully, something like my 5.1.1 kernel :)

For now, you can use SELinux Mode Changer app to set permissive (if needed). It think it reset after reboot.

I'm tired . . .

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2016
thanks dude... i have other question... you going to update this version? i want stock as possible !!! so i want to know in further version is there changes ? or i just flash this?

UpInTheAir

Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
Geez . . .impatient. I am preparing the thread !!! It takes time

If you didn't like MM, easy enough to downgrade again ;)

Enforcing for now, features added later. Hopefully, something like my 5.1.1 kernel :)

For now, you can use SELinux Mode Changer app to set permissive (if needed). It think it reset after reboot.

I'm tired . . .

thanks dude... i have other question... you going to update this version? i want stock as possible !!! so i want to know in further version is there changes ? or i just flash this?

Please read before posting . . .

Reactions: Manson79

UpInTheAir

Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
That is a huge win! Is it possible to fix the sound issue with kernel? I have issu when playing games sound is too low and the performance atrocious

Can you please read a few of the previous replies. I will try to implement as many SkyHigh 5.1.1 features as possible. It's not going to happen in a day. Whether any fixes your "issues", who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FRIENDS : For now, I am washing my hands of this KANGING site that is supported by certain moderators. Others share a different view - so it's a lottery with resolution.

You can take a look at my signature for part reason - unjustified infraction. Developer (recognised or not) require moderator support with their projects. Unfortunately, we don't always receive it, instead pander to sensitivities, the needs of kanger and spoon-feeding. This is not what XDA is. There is another link describing what XDA is and is not. Great reading.

I will definitely try to keep in touch with some of you, great community of supporters here, really appreciated. I do feel a little sorry for the many users. I try to not let down and have given absolutely all what I'm capable and within my limited knowledge.

• N920C
    • N920CD
    • N920G
    • N920I
    • N9200_HK
    • N9208_SEA
    • N920T
    • N920W8
    • N920P
    • G928C
    • G928F
    • G928G
    • G9287C
    • G928T
    • G928W8

Maybe I'll just start a small Google group with some of you. Time will tell.

Best of health to all !!

Signing . . . . .. . . . out,

UITA

Warning - ChangeLog - Requirements - Installation - Download - Source

Discontinued
    Help and FAQ

Discontinued
    Update to SkyHigh v2.1 "soon" with SuperSU v2.68 compatibility. :)